Asturius Sports

pedg

Lowe is selling players, trying to shift out high earners, bringing in young loans, and behaving as though there is no takeover.

If there is going to be a takeover, it doesn't look as though it will be in the near future, and if there is one, you can bet your bottom dollar it won't come out until it has happened and Lowe will announce it out of the blue, and probably stay on with Cowen and Jones.

Lowe is selling players, trying to shift out high earners, bringing in young loans, and behaving as though there is no takeover.

If there is going to be a takeover, it doesn't look as though it will be in the near future, and if there is one, you can bet your bottom dollar it won't come out until it has happened and Lowe will announce it out of the blue, and probably stay on with Cowen and Jones.

if there is one, why would Lowe etc stay on....... unless their friends are buying out Wilde and LC

Dude. You have my respect. You came on and posted and gave the source. That makes you about 1,000,000 times better than most of the ITK'ers.

Sorry Phil but Diggers has just dug a hole for him self now (excuse the pun :)). Having spoken to John for about an hour at the West Hame game, I know he reads this site as does one of the other directors who I have know for some time. I can almost guarantee that John will now not say anything to Diggers now especially now he has given his identity away (best man etc)

Im afraid this mentality of people demanding to know the source is ridiculous. I appreciate the fact that we are desparate to know, but doing it could cause problems for 1)The source 2) The receiver 3) Their relationship

I think the protagonists should be a bit more tight lipped rather than getting shirty with people they have spoken to.

This Dubai, pay-off all debts, buy all shares and have £10m left over as a warchest rumour, that's been around for ages seemed to have been spread in part by one of the horses' own mouths.

Frankly it comes across as a bit amteurish and/or desperate.

Again.

I said that I was out of this debate but Mr Exit I have got to reply to your comments. If you read my couple of posts today you will read that firstly, I only explained my connection to John after another poster (miserableoldgit) mentioned it.

In my post I suggested nothing that could be conceived as a secret, simply that John and is Colleagues**(Dubai Saint) were working hard behind the scenes.

John and I have known each other for a very long time and he knows me well enough to know that I would never give away anything that was not appropriate (not that I know anything anyway). Please do not make mischief between friends, there's no need. BTW, well done for talking to John for an hour, most are lucky if they can get away after two!

Frankly it comes across as a bit amteurish and/or desperate.

Again.

Might I just add here,for those purporting to have great knowledge of high finance, investment and the fining tuning of corporation, the correct usage of should have and not should of.I'm always prepared to give credit to any of these meanderings but they are always ruined,for me anyway,by crass errors in grammar, spelling can pass off as typos,but not grammar.As Benji says,amateurish.

Might I just add here,for those purporting to have great knowledge of high finance, investment and the fining tuning of corporation, the correct usage of should have and not should of.I'm always prepared to give credit to any of these meanderings but they are always ruined,for me anyway,by crass errors in grammar, spelling can pass off as typos,but not grammar.As Benji says,amateurish.

Are typos taken to include the omission of the one point step between a full stop and commencing a new sentence?

Apart from when that new sentence in itself commences a new paragraph. On which occasion there should be a clear line and a suitable indent at the start of said new paragraph. :cool:

Pedantry, is this an obsession?

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy
Correct aligning of paragraphs is not possible on this forum.

Dude. You have my respect. You came on and posted and gave the source. That makes you about 1,000,000 times better than most of the ITK'ers.

QUOTE]Phil you pour scorn on people not giving their sources.

All I can say is that I believe you should keep your confidences and not betray trust.

What does it matter if you or any of the doubters believe the people giving info or not.Most times its done to try and keep people on here informed of what may be happening.

No so called ITK'er has any control whether the said people go forward and purchase but are at this stage happy to share it with other Saints fans.

Diggers (I dont know who is) has come on and given some good info and then gets a lot of jibes about his integrity.

I know your colleges thing was fairly lighthearted but Diggers came on in good faith and will in future not give us some snippets, and the forum will be poorer for that.

As for some doing the grammar, spelling police, its a joke.

In my business I have met a multitude of millionaires and multi millionaires and a fair percentage would not use the correct grammar and spelling {not that i'd know anyway)

QUOTE]Phil you pour scorn on people not giving their sources.

All I can say is that I believe you should keep your confidences and not betray trust.

What does it matter if you or any of the doubters believe the people giving info or not.Most times its done to try and keep people on here informed of what may be happening.

No so called ITK'er has any control whether the said people go forward and purchase but are at this stage happy to share it with other Saints fans.

Diggers (I dont know who is) has come on and given some good info and then gets a lot of jibes about his integrity.

I know your colleges thing was fairly lighthearted but Diggers came on in good faith and will in future not give us some snippets, and the forum will be poorer for that.

As for some doing the grammar, spelling police, its a joke.

In my business I have met a multitude of millionaires and multi millionaires and a fair percentage would not use the correct grammar and spelling {not that i'd know anyway)

Amen to your total posting. Why do people have to nit pick over grammer, spelling etc I have no idea, this is NOT a national newspaper, its an internet forum to be used by all of us who support Saints. As long as you can understand the thoughts of the contributor who gives a toss if its good grammer and spelling

Amen to your total posting. Why do people have to nit pick over grammer, spelling etc I have no idea, this is NOT a national newspaper, its an internet forum to be used by all of us who support Saints. As long as you can understand the thoughts of the contributor who gives a toss if its good grammer and spelling

In support of Diggers I would imagine that he doesn't lose too much sleep over criticisms of grammar/spelling. He has been there and done it in the world of business and the spelling has never been a problem.

Grammar surely?:D

Edited by miserableoldgit
Punctuation abberation!

An important point.

The fact that this thread has been read 27000 odd times demonstrates one thing to me...

Fans are very keen to see a takeover. A buyout and takeover is the only real optimism tablet left for supporters since Lowe's return.

I still do not believe we will see our team stay in this league - exciting passing football we may have but we do not have a team that will win enough games in this league to survive. We have a lightwieght bunch of teenagers that are easy to beat with a strong, disciplined side who are prepared to pace out a game and absord a pacey 1st half, adjust and then play physically against our light kids. And guess what - most teams in the CCC have the ability to do that... all they need is professionalism,ably demonstrated by a patient Birmingham City.

Professional teams win games in football in the 2nd half. Their managers sit back and attempt to walk into the half time chat on terms or at least a goal or two ahead, but the former is the most likely, especially against a new side like Saints. So read nothing into first half performances. Watch the progression of a game and the change after half time to understand the quality of a professional team. Watch how a patient, professional team assess and adjust their game plan to beat us this season.

JP has his work cut out to instill that sort of professionalism and whole-picture thinking into our kids, as it comes with experience.

Lowe's plan may work in 2-3 years if he can keep the team together and we can tolerate the prospect of relegation whilst our nippas mature in League 1. Perhaps thats Lowe's plan? But people have to realise his role is to ensure the future of Southampton Leisure Holdings plc. NOT SFC. If and when the big clubs come knocking for our talented youth he WILL sell them. He has to without investment or a takeover injecting finance, so when you think logically through our predicament the 1st team is more likely that not to continue to be eroded and fall under this plan.

We simply must be taken over sooner rather than later. I think that we all know this and we all sense that optimism can only really return once we have seen the back of Lowe, his plc and the introduction of a cash injection to allow us to keep our youngsters yet buy some good old CCC bruisers to give us a chance to get out of this League the right way - upwards and not gradually downwards.

So, The fact that so many of us are reading this thread makes me think that we all need the optimism of takeover and removal of Lowe. Fulthorpe and/ or others who will take over this Club give us a genuine piece of optimism. I love the passing football, I love the potential of our young men... but I know they will ultimately fail against professional bruisers in this league led by astute traditional British game experienced managers. Do not read too much into a win over a poor, disorganised Derby side.

An important point.

The fact that this thread has been read 27000 odd times demonstrates one thing to me...

Fans are very keen to see a takeover. A buyout and takeover is the only real optimism tablet left for supporters since Lowe's return.

I still do not believe we will see our team stay in this league - exciting passing football we may have but we do not have a team that will win enough games in this league to survive. We have a lightwieght bunch of teenagers that are easy to beat with a strong, disciplined side who are prepared to pace out a game and absord a pacey 1st half, adjust and then play physically against our light kids. And guess what - most teams in the CCC have the ability to do that... all they need is professionalism,ably demonstrated by a patient Birmingham City.

Professional teams win games in football in the 2nd half. Their managers sit back and attempt to walk into the half time chat on terms or at least a goal or two ahead, but the former is the most likely, especially against a new side like Saints. So read nothing into first half performances. Watch the progression of a game and the change after half time to understand the quality of a professional team. Watch how a patient, professional team assess and adjust their game plan to beat us this season.

JP has his work cut out to instill that sort of professionalism and whole-picture thinking into our kids, as it comes with experience.

Lowe's plan may work in 2-3 years if he can keep the team together and we can tolerate the prospect of relegation whilst our nippas mature in League 1. Perhaps thats Lowe's plan? But people have to realise his role is to ensure the future of Southampton Leisure Holdings plc. NOT SFC. If and when the big clubs come knocking for our talented youth he WILL sell them. He has to without investment or a takeover injecting finance, so when you think logically through our predicament the 1st team is more likely that not to continue to be eroded and fall under this plan.

We simply must be taken over sooner rather than later. I think that we all know this and we all sense that optimism can only really return once we have seen the back of Lowe, his plc and the introduction of a cash injection to allow us to keep our youngsters yet buy some good old CCC bruisers to give us a chance to get out of this League the right way - upwards and not gradually downwards.

So, The fact that so many of us are reading this thread makes me think that we all need the optimism of takeover and removal of Lowe. Fulthorpe and/ or others who will take over this Club give us a genuine piece of optimism. I love the passing football, I love the potential of our young men... but I know they will ultimately fail against professional bruisers in this league led by astute traditional British game experienced managers. Do not read too much into a win over a poor, disorganised Derby side.

Can I remind you Robbie it was you telling us that George Burley was the manager to lead us to the promised land and how stupid Rupert Lowe was not to give him a five year contract because a Premier League club would come and poach the gem of a manager from us. You've not got a very good record with your predictions have you mate

An important point.

3 league, 1 cup -none have easily beaten us, why are young players lightwieght?

SaintRobbie wrote

An important point.

In my case totally wrong the only thing i am keen to see is a united club moving forwards. A take over is merely one of the current items of interest and the most unlikly but I like to peruse all threads relating to my club.

But, SaintRobbie, there is no alternative at present. We do not have a god given right to investment. Others are managing without. Lowe & Co are just trying to cut our cloth to be able to survive.

This is nothing to do with Lowe & co clearing the deck for investment. If the investment was coming there is no need to clear the decks!

Agreed Lowe & co are doing this for SLH plc. That is their job and if it was your investment at risk you would be doing the same.

Don't be fooled that the Fulthorpe way is the correct one. If it is just a change of personnel without long term financial backing we are in no different a situation than when Wilde & Co kicked Lowe out! If fact I would suggest we are in more trouble because of it.

The transfer deadline is almost upon us. If Fulthorpe had the money men he would surely have acted by now. That suggests to me that despite all the "hints" being drip fed to all and sundry he just does not have what is required.

Your hatred for Rupert Lowe is clouding your judgment and leading to knee jerk wishes.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

But, SaintRobbie, there is no alternative at present. We do not have a god given right to investment. Others are managing without. Lowe & Co are just trying to cut our cloth to be able to survive.

This is nothing to do with Lowe & co clearing the deck for investment. If the investment was coming there is no need to clear the decks!

Agreed Lowe & co are doing this for SLH plc. That is their job and if it was your investment at risk you would be doing the same.

Don't be fooled that the Fulthorpe way is the correct one. If it is just a change of personnel without long term financial backing we are in no different a situation than when Wilde & Co kicked Lowe out! If fact I would suggest we are in more trouble because of it.

The transfer deadline is almost upon us. If Fulthorpe had the money men he would surely have acted by now. That suggests to me that despite all the "hints" being drip fed to all and sundry he just does not have what is required.

Your hatred for Rupert Lowe is clouding your judgment and leading to knee jerk wishes.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

I agree with you.

Incidently SaintRobbie, you say that the way Birmingham waited until the 2nd half for Saints young players to blow themselves out and take that as an indication of how we are going to be throughout the season, but then ignore the Derby game, where by all accounts, JP & the players learnt to pace themselves through the game and finished much the stronger side. IMO you are being extremely selective in your examples!! Not to mention that Birmingham have a much stronger squad (3 20 goal per season strikers on their bench) & its no surprise that they are the only team with maximum points so far.

An important point.

Sorry Robbie, I can't agree with you. Out of those 27000 views, about 26000 are you desparately hoping that your hated Rupert has gone;).

Give the team time to get used to the system, we are playing very nice football and only just lost the first 2 games. calling them lightweight is just an excuse to criticise the currant setup. Having a takeover now would mean youngsters would get replaced and new faces needing time to fit in in which it hurt us more than keeping the currant team.

At least give the team 6 months of league football to prove themselves. I think they will do fine and now i think instead of slagging off the team get behind them like i do.

Give the team time to get used to the system, we are playing very nice football and only just lost the first 2 games. calling them lightweight is just an excuse to criticise the currant setup. Having a takeover now would mean youngsters would get replaced and new faces needing time to fit in in which it hurt us more than keeping the currant team.

At least give the team 6 months of league football to prove themselves. I think they will do fine and now i think instead of slagging off the team get behind them like i do.

I think that is a great point you`re raisin! :)

Weston has the right idea, the way the club are going about their business, indicates to me, that they don't see a takeover happening.

Weston has the right idea, the way the club are going about their business, indicates to me, that they don't see a takeover happening.

Agree with Weston but its not necessarily that they don't see the club being taken over, its just that the club is being prepared for life without a takeover. If, and it is a big if, and when any takeover happens then the club is also in a better position to try and take forward.

Edited by Gorgiesaint
Sounded like disagreed with Weston - which I don't!!

What a strange comment.

They would be stupid to do there business expecting a takeover even if they knew one was likely. We'd be in even more of a mess if it fell through and we'd pinned all our hopes on investment. Makes far more sense to carry on as if no investment was going to happen and then adjust your plans if it does come through.