We're the Saints Chant

ART

'The Saints are Coming' is a brilliant terrace song & unique to us

The problem is, nobody knows the next bit

Perhaps we could have a competition to devise a song around that & Baj/Steve could give the winner a free years subscription?

I am sure Serge could come up with something, how about a terrace version/saints adapted version of Fire?

To the tune of YMCA

Saints fans there's no need to feel down, I said Saints fans just dress up as a clown, I said Saints fans buy a jesters hat for a pound, there's no need to be abnormal....

Look like we're retards, we all look like we're retards, look like we're retards, we all look like we're retards.

Art, I love your idea.

I recon it needs to be played throught the tannoy a few times to get it in peoples heads, not sure the powers that be would do it though.

I'm a musician and if I get some down time I will record it with your lyrics.

Please don't encourage him.

God help me... ok... whilst eating a packet of biscuits on my lunch...

(To tune of Yellow submarine)

In the town of red and white,

20 miles from the pompey ****e,

We'll be climbing up the leagues,

Adkins Red and white machine,

Nigel Adkins red and white machine, red and white machine, red and white machine

Nigel Adkins red and white machine, red and white machine, red and white machine

I'll practice that, we can play it in our rehersal.

on not.

To the old XTC song

We've got a manager called Nigel

He has our future in his hands

We've got a manger called Nigel

He loves the loud Southampton fans

He used to be a physio

With him up the leagues we go

And if we win then Nigel's happy

He's always happy

He's always happy when we win

Thats great Serge, well done.

really good

I don't know why this forum doesn't sort out a few new songs every now and then. This is the best place to get a song started- take the Lambert song as an example. All it would need is:

Thread for ideas

Thread for a poll to pick favourite

Thread to say THIS IS THE ONE, now learn it and sing it next game.

Simplez init.

Reading some of the comments I fail to see what people are going to do about giving the Saints chants an uplift. They bleat on to the club about buying players but when it comes to the 12th man doing his part........nada, rien, nothing. We didn't need forums in my days to convert Yellow Submarine, and all the top hits of the day. We had lads with mighty loud voices who's spontaneously belt out new chants on the terraces, within minutes everyone was joining in.

There are one or two mentions that think maybe a bit of rap in the following style is what they're looking for. Anything is possible where they are concerned.

How's about this little dittY :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdOaP68cgaA

Reading some of the comments I fail to see what people are going to do about giving the Saints chants an uplift. They bleat on to the club about buying players but when it comes to the 12th man doing his part........nada, rien, nothing. We didn't need forums in my days to convert Yellow Submarine, and all the top hits of the day. We had lads with mighty loud voices who's spontaneously belt out new chants on the terraces, within minutes everyone was joining in.

There are one or two mentions that think maybe a bit of rap in the following style is what they're looking for. Anything is possible where they are concerned.

How's about this little dittY :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdOaP68cgaA

Are you on glue?

Are you on glue?

to be fair he's got a point. Do people think all the great songs sung by Liverpool, Man U, Rangers, Celtic etc were created by a load of mugs voting which one is the best in the 1950's equvilent of an internet forum, probably voting in the local paper in those days? Back in the day terrace wit was common place with great club anthems belted out. It didn't need people making up silly lyrics then having a poll deciding which one was best so they can all learn the words. Most of the divs in SMS have trouble remembering and singing anything properly that lasts longer than 3 lines. OWTSGMI and RLSGM two examples of how to deliver a football chant badly, too quick, too much clapping and generally sounds sh*t. FFS other clubs sing our club anthem better than we do.

Back in the day terrace wit was common place with great club anthems belted out

Spot on especially the wit bit, no a days banter seems to consist of singing sit down shut or telling the away fans to **** off to the tune they just sung. With fear of making myself sound old..... i can remember there being genuine on the spot wit at the dell, responses to what the away fans where singing and non of this internet message board sanctioned bull****.

Oh and Dune i have no idea how you manage to get Rhodesia into every thread but it's almost impressive in it's psychosis.

Am I the only one who finds it hard to keep up with Art's personality changes.

He used to be the wise old sage with the short cutting and witty comments

Then he was some sort of New Age guru with his Horoscopes. NLP and general Feng Shui approach.

Then, out of the blue he's some sort of cross between Stock, Aitken & Waterman and Simon Cowell.

Not knocking it, he's hitting the right notes in action plans, just damned confusing

Am I the only one who finds it hard to keep up with Art's personality changes.

He used to be the wise old sage with the short cutting and witty comments

Then he was some sort of New Age guru with his Horoscopes. NLP and general Feng Shui approach.

Then, out of the blue he's some sort of cross between Stock, Aitken & Waterman and Simon Cowell.

Not knocking it, he's hitting the right notes in action plans, just damned confusing

He's always been as nutty as a fruitcake. He once told me he'd been a member of parliament.:lol:

He's always been as nutty as a fruitcake. He once told me he'd been a member of parliament.:lol:

As always you let your memory down. I have never told you I'd been a member of parliament! And, I've been around on these forums long before you were out of nappies, so you wouldn't remember that far back. Phil only confirms that I do a hell of a job of letting my real self hidden. I have many personas, we all keep in touch with one another, and discuss which of us is best for which occasion. I've used proxies for more that 10 years so no one knows where the original entity lives or could be found. Whereas, you dear T, get banned, reinvent yourself and can be stopped within 5 minutes with your new handle. :(

As always you let your memory down. I have never told you I'd been a member of parliament! And, I've been around on these forums long before you were out of nappies, so you wouldn't remember that far back. Phil only confirms that I do a hell of a job of letting my real self hidden. I have many personas, we all keep in touch with one another, and discuss which of us is best for which occasion. I've used proxies for more that 10 years so no one knows where the original entity lives or could be found. Whereas, you dear T, get banned, reinvent yourself and can be stopped within 5 minutes with your new handle. :(

I wouldn't make something so random as that up. I even checked your name out (K**** J*******) at the time. You may have forgotten saying this but you did.

That reply was one of the best Simon Cowell impersonations I've ever come across Baj. It comes to something when it's the Old Codgers who have to try and inspire something new in the Stands. We need badly something of class to replace the majority of mish mash we get 75% of the time. We lag sadly behind other clubs. :(

We certainly would if we started taking songs from 1985 as new chants, yes.

I never told you I have been a member of parliament. What I told you was that I stood for election as a county Councillor, and was elected. As with all that you post, get your facts right and don't let your dreams turn into reality.

I never told you I have been a member of parliament. What I told you was that I stood for election as a county Councillor, and was elected. As with all that you post, get your facts right and don't let your dreams turn into reality.

You did, but I really don't care.

Rather ask, at hat point in time did ART manage to convince certain people he was mental, or lead believe some to believe what he was posting was serious. You don't honestly think that I've ever taken the majority on this forum seriously? I drew that conclusion a long time ago and reacted accordingly. Read John Howard Griffin's novel called " BLACK LIKE ME" and perhaps you'll understand the experiment you've been a part of. I read it many years ago when I was 25 years old. I've lived out what I learned across living and working in over 20 countries.

I was watching a program on telly earlier, a soldier was talking about songs his regiment sang before going into battle in WW2, it got me thinking about this thread, I came up with this whilst singing in the shower.

Onward, Southampton soldiers, marching as to war,

With the cross of Markus going on before.

Adkins, the royal Master, leads against the foe;

Forward into battle see our Red stripes go!

Red Army! Red Army! Red Army!

Feel free to play with the words.