Fonte Leaving (For a Holiday)

leftback

jose is off,going to Barcelona!!!

relax on a break with the Mrs,

Interesting, snippet. IMO good news to give him a break on when there is a low priority game. Not sure why you felt the need to word it so provocatively.

hope this gives martin a chance again,

Absolutely. Martin has a lot of potential, and Shrewsbury is just the sort of game he should be playing in to gain experience.

expect bit of loan outgoings after the weekend,

Sounds fair enough. Let a few of the fringe players gain experience.

depends if nicolina will help out the lower league (how much lower can it be!!) club with the wages.
Sorry Mark (sic), but refering to nicola as 'nicolina' or 'clotese' (as per previous thread), isn't going to sell your view to anyone, it's just going to put people's backs up. It's playground name-calling. Anyhow, this sentence is illogical, there is no evidence that the club are short of a bob or two, they were the highest spenders in the division in the last window, and have a large attendance regularly swelling the coffers. Why would sending a fringe player on loan save much money? Sure I'd understand your point if the top wages start being loaned out... but if this turns out to be a youth player, then I can only assume that you are trying to rake the muck.

be ready for a connolly issue soon as well.

'A Connolly issue', now you're sounding like Mystic Meg 'as Saturn enters Gemini, something will happen to a sportsman with a red sash'... So if Connolly is photographed out drunk next week you'll claim to be ITK, wonder if you'll claim the same if Connolly dents his car, or trips over a badger?

The age of ITK's is back . Leftback is evidence of that

Leftback is the new Life Long saint

wait for news to Break that Crouch is set to launch a takeover for the club. it will be true is Leftback says it is

hes so in the know

Except that he has been proven right in the past so why the sarcasm?

Or you could just choose to ignore the parts of opinion and focus solely on the facts?

Cortese is a big boy and I'm sure is not bothered about what a collection of anonymous loonies are writing about him on an internet forum. And most people are able to see through the invective without having to launch to his immedaite defence. Just ignore the agenda and look only at the facts.

Exactly! It is possible for people in their own heads to recognise the anti NC stuff and ignore it if they wish whilst finding the other info interesting. If your insults stopped lb from posting then we would get none of the interesting stuff like this and the team news etc.

On another note I have found myself agreeing with you a lot recently kraken. Keep posting it's good stuff.

The age of ITK's is back . Leftback is evidence of that

Leftback is the new Life Long saint

wait for news to Break that Crouch is set to launch a takeover for the club. it will be true is Leftback says it is

hes so in the know

How very sad. Don't take a pin with you inside your little bubble.

expect bit of loan outgoings after the weekend, depends if nicolina will help out the lower league (how much lower can it be!!) club with the wages.

be ready for a connolly issue soon as well

course you do weston course you do!!

soon? we have one now! well, since end of last season anyway. always injured

why so hostile to someone offering the board a little insight? There was a time when we came to this board to get this type of `ahead of the game' knowledge. Embrace the rumour/half truth/inside knowledge. I bet half the moaners have, like me, forwarded this info on to their mates already, thereby making them appear slightly ITK themselves.

Absolutely right. However, there are so few new posts now you really don't need to grab attention with a provocative title, though why anyone should have such a lack of a sense of humour that your original could even be thought provocative is entirely beyond me.

And even if it is, so bl**dy what?

I'ts now so prissy and analy-retentive it isn't really worth even bothering to look in anymore.

I'ts FFS! The standard of spelling and grammar has gone downhill too.

The problem with the OP is that, whilst it contains interesting stuff, we read it waiting for the anti-nc swipe and, sure enough, there it is, right at the end. Its annoying and ruins a pretty decent thread.

People have been saying this forum has gone downhill since certain posters left, the debate is now missing. To that I would say - take a look at the UI. that was us 2 months ago, constant sniping and every single thread is hijacked. In my opinion, this forum is so much better now, I can read a thread title and decide to read it or not, confident that it will still be on topic after 2 pages. Bliss.

The problem with the OP is that, whilst it contains interesting stuff, we read it waiting for the anti-nc swipe and, sure enough, there it is, right at the end. Its annoying and ruins a pretty decent thread.

People have been saying this forum has gone downhill since certain posters left, the debate is now missing. To that I would say - take a look at the UI. that was us 2 months ago, constant sniping and every single thread is hijacked. In my opinion, this forum is so much better now, I can read a thread title and decide to read it or not, confident that it will still be on topic after 2 pages. Bliss.

It doesn't ruin the thread. What ruins it is people going on and on and abusing a poster just because it is something they don't want to hear. This thread would be so much better if people ignored the bits they disagreed with and debating the bits which everyone finds interesting. We know lb has an agenda, he has admitted it. There is no need to go on about it in every thread he posts in because it gets boring.

....this is exactly the type of thread that put me off this site for so long.

Why all the infighting and sniping?

Some of our fans will never be turned on NC and that is up to them, it doesn't mean that what they have to say isn't valid, and vice versa for those who like the job NC is doing.

We all have one thing in common. Supporting this club, who with all her faults gives us all so much pleasure. So how about we debate the topics in hand rather than turning every thread into "agendas" and "accusations"

Seriously you are putting decent Saints fans off this forum.

If Fonte and his wife are taking a break away for personal reasons, at a time which is less than a third into the season, when there would be no physical reason for a break, could it be that the rumours that were doing the rounds at the time of Pardew's sacking could possibly have some basis, and this is a reconciliation exercise?

If Fonte and his wife are taking a break away for personal reasons, at a time which is less than a third into the season, when there would be no physical reason for a break, could it be that the rumours that were doing the rounds at the time of Pardew's sacking could possibly have some basis, and this is a reconciliation exercise?

Or maybe he is just being given a break for fitness reasons; a 3 or 4 day trip away to recharge the batteries. It's not exactly unprecedented, so I'll choose not to look too much into it (especially as Fonte has looked sharper and keener in recent games).

No. They don't. Especially as it is suggested that Davis is also having some time off.

It is not uncommon for a player to be given a few days off to rest if he isn't going to be used in a tie that perhaps the club don't see as "important". If anyone has deserved a break recently it has been Fonte.

I think if Davis is left out and Bialkowski plays, it is to see if he can fill the playing from the back role that Davis can't. It would be no surprise if we bring in a goalkeeper in January. Until we have a goalkeeper that is comfortable passing the ball from the back Adkins can't get the team playing the way he wants.

I think if Davis is left out and Bialkowski plays, it is to see if he can fill the playing from the back role that Davis can't. It would be no surprise if we bring in a goalkeeper in January. Until we have a goalkeeper that is comfortable passing the ball from the back Adkins can't get the team playing the way he wants.

Are you suggesting our manager doesn't have the balls to make players play the way he wants, does he not have control of the players?

Have you been watching the same team as me? Davis is clearly one of the best keepers around, and we are lucky to have someone as good as Bialkowski to cover. I'd be gobsmacked if we brought in a keeper in January ...(even more gobsmacked than I was when Pardew brought in a left back when we already had Harding and Mills.)

But that isn't based on anything other than your (very public) dislike of Davis.

He'll have assessed that in training, surely.

when???

If you do a little investigation of leftback's posts, you may very well be surprised.

I spent some time doing this when the thread first started about "not ignoring leftback" - and there are some real gems in there. Many were dismissed by other opinionated posters, only to be proven true in hindsight.

Afterall, hindsight is the clearest sight of all. Maybe, if you used it, you would see for yourself....

Or you could just choose to ignore the parts of opinion and focus solely on the facts?

Cortese is a big boy and I'm sure is not bothered about what a collection of anonymous loonies are writing about him on an internet forum. And most people are able to see through the invective without having to launch to his immedaite defence. Just ignore the agenda and look only at the facts.

Yep I tend to but - when the agenda is more important than the facts? Then the warring starts and the facts become less so factual.

A different thing we could have learnt from this thread.

"Shrek" has alleged marital relationship issues and whisks his missus away to Dubai

JT had alleged marital relationship issues and whisks his missus away to Dubai

Bet Fonte's missus is hacked off she's only going to Barcelona instead of Umm Qasr Hotel.

Oh sorry, I didn't make any implication or association there, I was only comparing the lot of the poor lowly paid L1 star versus the PL heroes, honest

Bet Fonte's missus is hacked off she's only going to Barcelona instead of Umm Qasr Hotel.

Personally I'd prefer Barca, and it's closer too, plus if you know the language...

All in all a good idea. Gives other players a chance, keeps the first teamers fresh physically and in a good place mentally too. Barcelona sounds ideal for a short winter city break.

Did I miss it? :(

No. I thought better of raising a thread with a mid-leading title.

Would have been a bit of a chortle though....but there again, maybe two humorously misleading thread titles in one day would have been too much of a good thing...

expect bit of loan outgoings after the weekend, depends if nicolina will help out the lower league (how much lower can it be!!) club with the wages.

be ready for a connolly issue soon as well

course you do weston course you do!!

Hope those guys that rob footballers houses don't read this website. Times and dates of when his house will be vacant, I don't think this is very smart or necessary. I mean, why do it?

Hope those guys that rob footballers houses don't read this website. Times and dates of when his house will be vacant, I don't think this is very smart or necessary. I mean, why do it?

This actually isn't that bad of a point.

I certainly wouldn't want the details of when my house is vacant to be made public on a public forum.

But then, the flipside of that arguement is i suppose it is no different to playing in europe ?? Or away ?

Gemmel

It seems like your cacooned in a bubble not I.

Do I take it that I can only dance to your tune on this forum. we are allowed to voice an opinion. leftback maybe right on occassions

but for me he has his own agenda, especially when it comes to NC,

And these ITK's seem to think they are superior than the rest of us. so something negative is to be printed about connolly in due course so what. Or is leftback trying to score points because he heard it first?

Personally I'd prefer Barca, and it's closer too, plus if you know the language...

All in all a good idea. Gives other players a chance, keeps the first teamers fresh physically and in a good place mentally too. Barcelona sounds ideal for a short winter city break.

:facepalm:

woosh

smiley winky thingy

Oh never mind

Gemmel

It seems like your cacooned in a bubble not I.

Do I take it that I can only dance to your tune on this forum. we are allowed to voice an opinion. leftback maybe right on occassions

but for me he has his own agenda, especially when it comes to NC,

And these ITK's seem to think they are superior than the rest of us. so something negative is to be printed about connolly in due course so what. Or is leftback trying to score points because he heard it first?

We are aware. He admitted it himself. Why do we need to be reminded in every post? We know he has an agenda so why do you and others feel the need to keep saying it?

I would put money on Adkins being told at some time before being given the job, the league is the TOP, TOP, PRIORITY. Now unlike Pardew, I don't think Adkins will have any problems with taking that on board. Even to the extent of giving the fringe players a run out to find out exactly where we are and what we can expect from them. I don't expect Adkins to come out with Pardews comments after the Bolton game, "it was not a priority game, but we treated it as such".

As much as I would like to see Bart start in the first team, Kelvin is more than good enough for this league. We do have some remaining problems. but Kelvin won't even come on the horizon if we clear the others up.