Top 5 underrated Saints players

Rory

roman gasmi.

Just a little joke there. Good girl....

I remember seeing Gasmi sat in the away end just in front of me at Plymouth a couple of years ago. Think I may have been the only person who actually recognised him.

Also, I had completely forgotten about the existance of Peter Madsen until this thread. Scored a decent goal at Crewe IIRC

I think Matt Oakley was one of the most under-rated players we ever had. He was the oil in the engine of midfield, keeping things moving forwards, slick and simple, never appreciated till he was missing. It was no coincidence that our fall from grace coincided with him doing his cruciate ligaments.

Carlton Palmer - always thought he was good for us.

Mark Whitlock

David Hirst - shame about the injury (Ditto Mark Draper and David Howells).

Kevin Davies on his 2nd stint.

Kasey Keller was excellent for the month he was here! but quickly forgotten (as was Christian Dailly)

Kevin Bond

Gordon Hobson??

I'll get slaughtered for this one but I thought Jason Euell DAJFU.

Williams and Telfer were both excellent.

People forget how good Dean Richards was for us.

Guthrie was good.

I used to love Tommy Jenkins.

Lloyd James was never going to be a Prem player but he improved massively over his two seasons and always gave '100%' for the team.

Yeah, Tessem was great for about a 3 month period when he was played in the right position. Didn't Dave Jones play him at RB a few times when he first joined, and Tessem said he'd never played there before in his whole career?

Yep he did, he said he was an attacking player and had never played left back before. Decent player and underrated.

Paul Telfer

Paul Rideout

David Prutton

Matt Oakley

I think Matt Oakley was one of the most under-rated players we ever had. He was the oil in the engine of midfield, keeping things moving forwards, slick and simple, never appreciated till he was missing. It was no coincidence that our fall from grace coincided with him doing his cruciate ligaments.

Absolutely agree, people slagged him off when he was here but badly missed when injured, a very good player who wasn't appreciated until he was gone.

DO DO DO JONNY VIAFARA!

obviously Stern John ...

and last but certainly not least, anyone remember, imants bledelis ...

LOL, Blendelis, nicknamed two hearts. His sole contribution was to come on as a half time sub when we were 3-0 up at half time, not touch the ball in the whole of the second half and help us lose 4-3 away at Tranmere in the FA Cup. Remember Kleber Chala? Did he every play?!

Skacel

I thought he was one of our most over rated players, cost loads, had a big reputation and never lived up to the hype, he was so slow and never looked fit, would prefer any of our current left backs/ left midfielders to Skacel. Even if he's found form again at hearts now, he was never very good the numerous times I saw him play.

I know some say he was over weight and lazy, and mainly scored penalties but I really rated Le Tissier

Lazy, fat, too slow, over rated, if MLT played these days in the internet generation he'd be slagged off every week. People forget he wasn't brilliant for 90 minutes week in week out which you need to be to be accepted on here.

Edited by Turkish

I thought he was one of our most over rated players, cost loads, had a big reputation and never lived up to the hype, he was so slow and never looked fit, would prefer any of our current left backs/ left midfielders to Skacel. Even if he's found form again at hearts now, he was never very good the numerous times I saw him play.

actually I geuss you were being sarcastic, its difficult to tell with on this forum what is sarcasm and what's delerium.