UI rumour........

Wade Garrett

Which is why admission prices should be as follows, I will be emailing Mr Luker with my proposals...

Male Adults - £10 in the Northam, £15 in Centres ( Male Season Ticket Holders can bring a male, non-replica shirt wearing friend for £1 )

Male Adults who wear replica shirts - £100

Male Adults who wear replica shirts with a childs name on the back - £150

Male Adults who wear replica shirts with their name and age on the back £200

Male Adults with NUS Card - £500

Females - £ 1000

Females with NUS Card - £1500

OAP's - £1000 plus must surrender bus pass.

Children - As per Male or Female NUS Prices

100% Agree with all that..

Also anyone that starts clapping like a seal should be banned!

Ok, if there is even the slightest truth in this rumour and Fallon his face and his cronies have eventually put something together with Arab money....am i the only one worried.

This has been the longest takeover saga i can recall with more rumours on here than on a school playground!

I have no faith in Merrington whatsoever, Fallonhisface may be a loyal fan but again he has done nothing to install any faith in me....and SHEARER...for pity's sake!!

I have a feeling that one of our major contributors who happens to reside in an Arab country will say ...I knew all about this as it w2as going on but could not say anything

Could this really be the 'one'..

Doubt it. Long Shot was told direct from Fulthorpe at Doncaster and then it was USA, Germany and somewhere else I cannot remember. Now it's Arab money!!!!!

Don't listen to rumours people, they are just that, regurgitated half truths that alter in content from person to person.

Long Shot had a one to one but what he was told did not materialise. This has been going on since May and there have been at least 5 first hand accounts told to me (spoke to Cousins or Fulthorpe direct) but none of the promises materialised.

Nick Illingsworth would have got it from trusted sources or direct from the horses mouth but he has now been let down twice, as have many of us in the past.

Fair enough reason, may I suggest, for all of us to take not an iota of notice of anything regarding a takeover, until such time the ink is dried on any such documents and we can see, with our own eyes, the 'new owners' firmly ensconced in the directors box at SMS?

Perhaps a little lockage until then?

BUT.........

For the record, there is a lot of interest in this region about buying English Soccer Clubs because of what Abu Dhabi did with Man City. So there COULD be truth in the rumours. (After all even LLS found a Dubai investor....) :-)

People from Investment Trusts to Private Individuals here are looking at a range of opportunities and clubs (as seen by the Charlton announcement).

However in the past 7 days more than US$150 billion was wiped off the value of the stock exchanges in the GCC (that's the oil producing Gulf States)

In addition, because of the huge amount of property and speculative development projects down here, a huge amount of foreign capital has been tapped by issuing Bonds, not to mention LOTS of companies and people in Europe investing in Buy to Let. That process has dried up causing a double whammy of liquidity. The big projects have been leveraged against the oil wealth. Leverage is this week's BAD word.

Dubai may well be facing a problem of short term liquidity and Abu Dhabi have already injected about $20billion into the banking system.

So basically the big investment houses that are thinking of football are REALLY worried about the wider implications for Uk PLC economy. I spoke to the CFO of a top 10 Saudi company today and the word is that they have stopped EVERYTHING that they can and are delaying payment on everything else. Cash is being hoarded "until things settle down". They will not even look to buy bargains with low risk.

But again the BAD news is those people who are staying away from the club. The possible investors in football in general are as worried about Sky TV profits AND the drop in attendances as the recession bites. Remember anyone who INVESTS in Saints is looking to get us BACK to the PL and make a PROFIT, they will NOT be a charity or a pseudo feel good co-operative. They look at NUMBERS and guess what - our numbers are TANKING far worse than the Football industy in general.

And guess what. Good old Saints fans are boycotting the club so our figures are the worst in the UK. It ain't gonna help us get rid of the three amigos guys. I know you think you are doing the right thing and I applaud your position, but there are more consequences than you imagine when outsiders look.

Sundance is a complete a**e most of the time in the way he speaks and posts, but the REALLY sad thing is that he is right, with that league table of attendances - which means INCOME, then anybody - Fullon or others who look to bring some money to the table are REALLY getting a hard time.

Wanna sell the club? get 30,000 in the ground for the next 6 weeks. They'll be queuing up across the Itchen Bridge.

Nick Illingsworth would have got it from trusted sources or direct from the horses mouth but he has now been let down twice, as have many of us in the past.

should be more wary of what sources he trusts then;)

one thing to say heard bit of rumour, or say you are making assumptions but all of these posters from Saint-lee as the first I was reading on here to this one, post as fact - and its not.

I tend to suspect not many of these posters, and we all know who they are, are posting in good faith and being let down but are actually making things up / embellishing stories for their ego.

As I said before all the factual stuff that came out through statements and stock market announcements was missed by the ITKs, for example those saying they were close to the directors etc knew nothing of the joint letter re SISU etc.

We will all keep reading each one as we live in hope of a brighter future but I wish people would stop playing with supporters emotions for the benefit of their ego.

I feel better now!

BUT.........

However in the past 7 days more than US$150 billion was wiped off the value of the stock exchanges in the GCC (that's the oil producing Gulf States)

In addition, because of the huge amount of property and speculative development projects down here, a huge amount of foreign capital has been tapped by issuing Bonds, not to mention LOTS of companies and people in Europe investing in Buy to Let. That process has dried up causing a double whammy of liquidity. The big projects have been leveraged against the oil wealth. Leverage is this week's BAD word.

Dubai may well be facing a problem of short term liquidity and Abu Dhabi have already injected about $20billion into the banking system.

The poor dears, stock prices crashing, oil down to 73 $ a barrel,

never mind Gordon Brown and George Bush will probably bail them out and

they'll be buying everything in sight again within a month. Perhaps if the crude oil prices hadn't been pumped up to breaking point in the first place.....=;=;

BUT.........

For the record, there is a lot of interest in this region about buying English Soccer Clubs because of what Abu Dhabi did with Man City. So there COULD be truth in the rumours. (After all even LLS found a Dubai investor....) :-)

People from Investment Trusts to Private Individuals here are looking at a range of opportunities and clubs (as seen by the Charlton announcement).

According to Private Eye (in an article about financial problems in football) "Dubai is a potential second Iceland - overspent and overborrowed, with few remaining oil reserves to bale it out."

Incidentally, our friends up the road get a mention "Portsmouth and Bolton still have loans or credit facilities outstanding from the Friedlander subsidiaries of Kaupthing, which was nationalised last week by the Reykjavik government after the Treasury appointed administrators to the UK operations."

According to Private Eye (in an article about financial problems in football) "Dubai is a potential second Iceland - overspent and overborrowed, with few remaining oil reserves to bale it out."

Incidentally, our friends up the road get a mention "Portsmouth and Bolton still have loans or credit facilities outstanding from the Friedlander subsidiaries of Kaupthing, which was nationalised last week by the Reykjavik government after the Treasury appointed administrators to the UK operations."

That's why they have made it a massive tourist attraction with everything on offer, this to offset the loss of the oil which will dry up soon. I suppose they didn't bank on the credit crunch...

That's why they have made it a massive tourist attraction with everything on offer, this to offset the loss of the oil which will dry up soon. I suppose they didn't bank on the credit crunch...

Yes but if they start chucking people in the brig for a bit of nooky on the beach

the tourism will soon be drying up anyway.That's the problem of many of these little islamic states, they want tourists but tourists don't understand the sharia and why should they, they're on holiday.I'm in tourism (in a way) if you start trying to impose conditions on the clientèle they don't come back.

Yes but if they start chucking people in the brig for a bit of nooky on the beach

the tourism will soon be drying up anyway.That's the problem of many of these little islamic states, they want tourists but tourists don't understand the sharia and why should they, they're on holiday.I'm in tourism (in a way) if you start trying to impose conditions on the clientèle they don't come back.

I think Dubai is more pro western and wants to encourage tourists, not scare them off.

I think Dubai is more pro western and wants to encourage tourists, not scare them off.

Yes, obviously so. There are rules which aren't overly enforced (according to Phil) but every now and again they have to have a little crack down to please the mullahs. Saw it myself in Kuwait many moons ago, business as usual then wham, some silly bint falls off a balcony at a doctor's partouze and no more fun for 2 years or so.Loads of people nicked for stupid little infringements.

BUT.........

Wanna sell the club? get 30,000 in the ground for the next 6 weeks. They'll be queuing up across the Itchen Bridge.

Totally agree, so come on all those that want Lowe out, you have now been informed of the way to dispose of the man that keeps you away from your club, see you Saturday !

What fantastic ambassadors they are for this country. Drunk and having a sordid **** on a beach in a country where it is illegal and likely to offend the host nation. Why should they try and understand the culture of the place they are in? Why indeed. This, my friend, is the best of British. They want tourists, indeed. They probably want ones from other countries more.

Couple of responses....

The sex on the beach thing is actually quite simple, like I mentioned before they have rules that don't get rigourously enforced, but there is ONE thing that the UK doesn't do these days that they DO get upset about down here - it is about RESPECT. They respect our rights to get rat-ars*d but they then expect us to respect the society by getting quietly in a taxi and going home to sleep it off. What they do NOT want is to see the city centre covered in Bling clad chavs vomiting in the middle of the road and shouting abuse at 3am - unlike most English towns these days. The tw*ts on the beach forgot that basic rule and mouthed off not just at the time but also afterwards. Up until then we could nooky on the beach, but QUIETLY, now we are concerned about holding hands in a shopping mall - not because of Mullahs but because of two p*ssed arrogant Brit t*ssers....

QUOTE=saintwarwick;76734]That's why they have made it a massive tourist attraction with everything on offer, this to offset the loss of the oil which will dry up soon. I suppose they didn't bank on the credit crunch...

Just to answer the general point, Dubai itself never had much oil in the first place. (Abu Dhabi has the most). Currently oil is ONLY 1% of Dubai's GDP.

The leveraged debt in Dubai is primarily for the local property market where they produce 70,000 housing units per year. The population is already about 6 times that of Iceland and unlike that place, they actually produce things here other than fish, volcano spas and dodgy banks:-)

But to answer Window Cleaner - I've been here 15 years and everyone has been waiting for the bubble to burst...... the property bubble WILL burst but then it's seen 300% inflation in the past 4 years (42% increase in property values in the first quarter alone) so even if the market plunges 200% it was still a good deal for those who got in at the beginning.

BUT it won't happen like that or like in the West - why? Because after 9/11 Dubya passed new laws on siezing foreign assets in the US. As a result US$1.6 TRILLION was pulled out of Western Investments by Islamic based investors. Dubai came along at exactly the right time with new rules that allowed overseas investors to pu their money into sound (and Islamic Sharia based) investments. That money is what funded the whole boom. It is just the foreigner speculators who will get burned and who have leveraged heavily, they have been in trouble for some time with masive construction cost inflation burning their development profits.

Even at $40 a barrel Abu Dhabl makes a LOT of money BTW

Just they DON'T want to rush to invest in the West - THIS week

What fantastic ambassadors they are for this country. Drunk and having a sordid **** on a beach in a country where it is illegal and likely to offend the host nation. Why should they try and understand the culture of the place they are in? Why indeed. This, my friend, is the best of British. They want tourists, indeed. They probably want ones from other countries more.

This is of course true, we'd rather have Dutch or even German, unfortunately they're not into borrowing money to go on holiday every 30 seconds ,so we get ....brits, no riff raff allowed though.

Anyway what happened to our "takeover" yesterday.

I mean it's one thing when yer average tommac or LLS says we're being taken over tomorrow, another thing when Chairman Nick says it.

I think Nick should spill the beans, give us his source and reasoning behind his

rash declarations.

Who knows people might have rushed out on Tuesday and bought tickets and merchandise on the strength of it.:smt084:smt084:smt084:smt084

Not to mention the idiot who punted 10K on our shares on Monday at over the odds.

Anyway what happened to our "takeover" yesterday.

I mean it's one thing when yer average tommac or LLS says we're being taken over tomorrow, another thing when Chairman Nick says it.

I think Nick should spill the beans, give us his source and reasoning behind his

rash declarations.

Who knows people might have rushed out on Tuesday and bought tickets and merchandise on the strength of it.:smt084:smt084:smt084:smt084

Not to mention the idiot who punted 10K on our shares on Monday at over the odds.

I wonder if that was Nick.

Who starts all this nonsense and why? The World's economy is not in a strong enough state for reckless investments by billionaires. The super rich like Abromavich have already lost tens of billion dollars of investment value. If the stock market crash continues apace they will be as bankrupt as the rest of us.

People on here need to realise that talk of takeovers now is all pie in the sky distraction. We are entering an era of self-sufficiency and standing on our own two feet. We stand or fall by the cash coming in the gate and through sponsorship, end of story. Forget the temptation of caviar and champagne tomorrow and get used to our tried and trusted diet of pie, chips and beer.

Who starts all this nonsense and why? The World's economy is not in a strong enough state for reckless investments by billionaires. The super rich like Abromavich have already lost tens of billion dollars of investment value. If the stock market crash continues apace they will be as bankrupt as the rest of us.

People on here need to realise that talk of takeovers now is all pie in the sky distraction. We are entering an era of self-sufficiency and standing on our own two feet. We stand or fall by the cash coming in the gate and through sponsorship, end of story. Forget the temptation of caviar and champagne tomorrow and get used to our tried and trusted diet of pie, chips and beer.

Usually I'd agree with you, but the man who put this rumour into the public domain this time was non other than the chairman of the Saints Trust.

True it's a piddly sort of clique but all the same...If the Archbishop of Canterbury says he believes in God then it's just in the line of business, if he says he doesn't, then he's probably a reason for saying that.

Nick is a status quo or trust ownership wallah, if he says there's a takeover

then he must have had a reason for it. I mean he looks like a complete idiot now.

That will make way for a more level playing field for those that have prepared themselves for the tough storm ahead. Luv him or hate him, this is where I believe RL will come into his own while all around us clubs will crash and burn.