UI rumour........

Wade Garrett

Takeover? Who said the news would be of a takeover?

It is more likely to be news that Barclays have had enough and we are going into administration.

As of this week we are running at a loss of £200,000 plus a month, the idea was for the board to reduce this figure to a zero loss and then to start working on paying back the loans and overdrafts, this has not happened in the time span set by the banks.

The club have to make a decision, do they reduce the match day ticket price to entice the stayaways at the cost of p*ssing off the regular season ticket holders or do they wait for a turnaround on the pitch to get the stayaways back?

If we can get gates back to around 18,000 then the bank MAY just hold off, but at the current revenue we are doomed, its not if it’s when we announce to the stock exchange.

Regards news of any takeover we have missed the boat.

Takeover? Who said the news would be of a takeover?

It is more likely to be news that Barclays have had enough and we are going into administration.

As of this week we are running at a loss of £200,000 plus a month, the idea was for the board to reduce this figure to a zero loss and then to start working on paying back the loans and overdrafts, this has not happened in the time span set by the banks.

The club have to make a decision, do they reduce the match day ticket price to entice the stayaways at the cost of p*ssing off the regular season ticket holders or do they wait for a turnaround on the pitch to get the stayaways back?

If we can get gates back to around 18,000 then the bank MAY just hold off, but at the current revenue we are doomed, its not if it’s when we announce to the stock exchange.

Regards news of any takeover we have missed the boat.

200K a month as compared to last seasons 1.1 million a month??

12x200K=2.4 million. One player sold in January=Season's Profit.

If only that were the true state of affairs .

The club have to make a decision, do they reduce the match day ticket price to entice the stayaways at the cost of p*ssing off the regular season ticket holders

I'm not convinced that too many season ticket holders would be ****ed off at a reduction in matchday prices. After all, even if they went down from £24 to £20, the season ticket holder is still only paying £16 per game, so they're still saving 20%.

I'm also far from convinced that enough people would return in the short-term to make such a reduction worthwhile, and it is short-term cashflow that is the immediate problem.

As an example, say the club needs to generate £200k in non season ticket holder sales per match to hit an arbitrary budget agreed with the bank. At £24 (and I appreciate there are many cheaper tickets but I'm trying to keep the calculations simple), that's 8,333 matchday sales required. If the prices dropped to £20, they'd then need to generate 10,000 matchday sales (1,667 more) to hit budget. If that price still fails to attract more people to games, all the club has then succeeded in doing is making it cheaper for the matchday buyers they've already got, and the club has then ****ed £33k per match down the drain, which works out at more than £500k over the course of the remaining 18 home league games this season.

Having seen the club gamble on reducing prices at the start of last season (sales volume was up, but revenue actually decreased as a result), I'd say the bank are incredibly unlikely to sanction such a move again, unless of course somebody was willing to underwrite any potential loss from it.

I'm not convinced that too many season ticket holders would be ****ed off at a reduction in matchday prices. After all, even if they went down from £24 to £20, the season ticket holder is still only paying £16 per game, so they're still saving 20%.

I'm also far from convinced that enough people would return in the short-term to make such a reduction worthwhile, and it is short-term cashflow that is the immediate problem.

As an example, say the club needs to generate £200k in non season ticket holder sales per match to hit an arbitrary budget agreed with the bank. At £24 (and I appreciate there are many cheaper tickets but I'm trying to keep the calculations simple), that's 8,333 matchday sales required. If the prices dropped to £20, they'd then need to generate 10,000 matchday sales (1,667 more) to hit budget. If that price still fails to attract more people to games, all the club has then succeeded in doing is making it cheaper for the matchday buyers they've already got, and the club has then ****ed £33k per match down the drain, which works out at more than £500k over the course of the remaining 18 home league games this season.

Having seen the club gamble on reducing prices at the start of last season (sales volume was up, but revenue actually decreased as a result), I'd say the bank are incredibly unlikely to sanction such a move again, unless of course somebody was willing to underwrite any potential loss from it.

Steve even if a reduction was put in place the first 500-750 fans through the turnstile would not count due to increased staff regards security and safety,I am glad I am not the one who will have to take the gamble.

Steve even if a reduction was put in place the first 500-750 fans through the turnstile would not count due to increased staff regards security and safety,I am glad I am not the one who will have to take the gamble.

This is the trouble with letting kids in free (local schools) like they did on occasions last year. It falsifies the attendance figure and creates extra costs.

Then when you don't do it any more you have the impression that your attendance figures have dramatically shrnk (which they have anyway).

I have absolutely no idea when and how many are concerned but apparently it happened last season on a few occasions. Someone must know something about that???

Gentlemen, Ladies and Trousers.

I wish to point out one enormous flaw in this speculative thread, and can do so with great gravitas as I am for once completely and utterly ITK.

WRONG. You see it is made up assumptions like this that start the whole TSW melting down yet again over nothing.

Wednesday is NOT the new Friday in the Arab World.

Thursday is and has always been Friday. For a long while however it is fair to state that in fact Thursday afternoon was Saturday, with Thursday morning taking on the role of Friday.

Approximately 8 years ago, Thursday then became the new Wednesday, with Friday becoming the new Saturday. This was implemented for all schools and government offices. However due to the demands of multi-national corporations, at the same time, despite the best efforts of the legislators, a three tier new Friday developed.

For local companies Thursday afternoon remained the new Saturday.

For the Government & Schools, Wednesday was the new Friday, Thursday was the new Saturday and Friday became Sunday.

For the MNC's Thursday remained the new Friday, Friday remained Saturday and Saturday became Sunday.

Obviously this situation could not continue so legislation was passed 2 years ago that standardised Thursday as Friday, Friday as Saturday and Saturday as Sunday.

Unfortunately for many still employed in local companies they remain with Thursday being both Friday and Saturday.

I hope this now clarifies matters and brings an end to the debate.

I also believe it does FINALLY lay the ghost to bed as to why nothing is ever quite as it seems.

Oh, just to make things crystal clear, for MNC's Sunday is of course the new Monday.

(so yes we work from Sunday to Thursday inclusive which is why you should NEVER believe a takeover story involving Arab money being announced on a Friday)

HTH

I was going to say the same thing, but confused myself halfway through :D

Seeing as you've explained that issue so clearly, how about explaining the offside rule or maybe LBW for the ladeez on here (of course all us men understand them perfectly well) ;)

Seeing as you've explained that issue so clearly, how about explaining the offside rule or maybe LBW for the ladeez on here (of course all us men understand them perfectly well) ;)

How very dare you :shock:

Some of us understand the offside rule very well (more than can be said for some match officials) and I certainly know about LBW (Ladeez Before W**kers I believe)

:-)

Actually I am having a bigger problem.

Saints at Coventry on telly watching with a female "why are your team not very good"........

Then about 3 days ago Saints at Birmingham on telly as a PL Gold game. "why this Beattie and Bridge not play at Coventry...." But is same team yes? Same shirts? so why they not playing, if they older then they better than the children No?

So then comes the whole well we had a lot of mistakes and then a takeover that wasn't a takeover then a takeover that didn't happen and then BOOM.....

:-)

Actually I am having a bigger problem.

Saints at Coventry on telly watching with a female "why are your team not very good"........

Then about 3 days ago Saints at Birmingham on telly as a PL Gold game. "why this Beattie and Bridge not play at Coventry...." But is same team yes? Same shirts? so why they not playing, if they older then they better than the children No?

So then comes the whole well we had a lot of mistakes and then a takeover that wasn't a takeover then a takeover that didn't happen and then BOOM.....

The moral to this tale Phil is don't hang about with tarts who don't understand football.Or if you must ,then don't watch football with them. Football is not compatible with the average female.

Well if he had the 10K handy it's probably not a bad idea.

Don't think things can get much worse and I don't believe the administration mongers so it's probably not a ridiculous investment.

I've got 10k handy and SLH plc is the last place in the world I would invest it. You would get more return by burning the banknotes to keep warm.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear :D

Average being the operative word BTF, that's why I put it there.

I once took my then fiancée to the Dell, firstly no Milton,then the ignominy of the tea flask (and the grapes),then the "which one is Channon",what are they doing nows etc.Her saints watching career was sealed by a "I thought you said they were good".

The moral to this tale Phil is don't hang about with tarts who don't understand football.Or if you must ,then don't watch football with them. Football is not compatible with the average female.

Unfortunately she understood football only too well.... hence the pain inflicted by the unanswerable questions.

The next problem will of course be cricket

But I think that will be far easier.

I'll only have to explain what an Over is not about Takeovers...

LBW vs Helpmerhonda/LLS/Yachts/Trousers/F5 buttons/ITK..... piece of cake

£20.

£30 if blood squirts in my mouth.

Urgh, that sounds a bit rude, you been mixing with the lasses from Pompey Docks recently MB??

Really, wow, and there's nothing on the OS or the LSE about it. Damn them for keeping it hidden and secret!!

Just received the standard rumour that pretty much everyone has read, seen, heard themselves before at some point...

Apparently an announcement soon but it's Arab money, led by Fulthorpe, Merrington as DoF and Shearer as manager.

Hmmmm.

No Jokes But Thats What I Also Heard Too Crab Lungs Mate!

What A Coincidence! ;)

Just recieved the standard rumour that pretty much everyone has read, seen, heard themselves before at some point...

Apparently an announcement soon but it's Arab money, led by Fulthorpe, Merrington as DoF and Shearer as manager.

Hmmmm.

No Jokes But Thats What I Also Heard Too Crab Lungs Mate!

What A Coincidence! ;)

HP Sauce = The Saints Web ;)

Just recieved the standard rumour that pretty much everyone has read, seen, heard themselves before at some point...

Hmmmm.

This has been the rumour for months, and was supposed to have been ready to run a few weeks back but stalled. I was hearing it from what I thought were quite good sources but it surprised them and me as it didnt materialise.

Ok, if there is even the slightest truth in this rumour and Fallon his face and his cronies have eventually put something together with Arab money....am i the only one worried.

This has been the longest takeover saga i can recall with more rumours on here than on a school playground!

I have no faith in Merrington whatsoever, Fallonhisface may be a loyal fan but again he has done nothing to install any faith in me....and SHEARER...for pity's sake!!

Which is why admission prices should be as follows, I will be emailing Mr Luker with my proposals...

Male Adults - £10 in the Northam, £15 in Centres ( Male Season Ticket Holders can bring a male, non-replica shirt wearing friend for £1 )

Male Adults who wear replica shirts - £100

Male Adults who wear replica shirts with a childs name on the back - £150

Male Adults who wear replica shirts with their name and age on the back £200

Male Adults with NUS Card - £500

Females - £ 1000

Females with NUS Card - £1500

OAP's - £1000 plus must surrender bus pass.

Children - As per Male or Female NUS Prices

Which is why admission prices should be as follows, I will be emailing Mr Luker with my proposals...

Male Adults - £10 in the Northam, £15 in Centres ( Male Season Ticket Holders can bring a male, non-replica shirt wearing friend for £1 )

Females - £ 1000

That'll get the fans back.

Females - £ 1000

and regidstered members of the TSW £2000