UI rumour........

Wade Garrett

No, let's not start a new takeover thread. Let's be in a new position of not having a takeover thread going when there actually is a takeover going through; rather than having a takeover thread going, when there is no takover going through.

This is NOT a takeover thread.

No, let's not start a new takeover thread. Let's be in a new position of not having a takeover thread going when there actually is a takeover going through; rather than having a takeover thread going, when there is no takover going through.

But it will be once it gets hi-jacked.

Time to reopen the Ass-turius Sports thread methinks.

Missing it already. Wouldn't worry about whatever is said on the UI, they

can't tell a saints fan from a skate at the best of time.

It's logic like that that will make it happen. ---- or not.

Disclaimer : This is/may be nothing, or not, to do with any possible/rumoured takeover thread.

Fantastic! I really believe we will be taken over tomorrow.

I also believe the story about the aliens too. Apparently we are going to initiate a revolutionary new link-up with the aliens in the hope they can get us back to the Premier League on the cheap.

So it's the aliens that are taking us over, sorted.

Whatever your views of Nick Illingsworth, and many have a predjudice against him for some reason, he does know more than the average fan.

This quote from Nick is concerning:

"those that say its our club and not lowes wont know what hit them, personally I wouldd rather weather out the storm, but I fear thats not possible with the current level of support we are getting (this isnt a dig at anyone its a fact)"

Whatever your views of Nick Illingsworth, and many have a predjudice against him for some reason, he does know more than the average fan.

This quote from Nick is concerning:

"those that say its our club and not lowes wont know what hit them, personally I wouldd rather weather out the storm, but I fear thats not possible with the current level of support we are getting (this isnt a dig at anyone its a fact)"

That statement (which appears in the 3rd line of their all new takeover thread) is very cryptic.I'm not sure that I like the sound of what Nick pretends to know.

That statement (which appears in the 3rd line of their all new takeover thread) is very cryptic.I'm not sure that I like the sound of what Nick pretends to know.

Could you explain what you think he means then? Cheers. Always preferred the concise rather than the cryptic crosswords, y'see. Does it mean:

a) we're going to be taken over by someone worse than Rupert?

b) we're going to be taken over by A. D. Ministrator?

c) Pompey ground share?

Could you explain what you think he means then? Cheers. Always preferred the concise rather than the cryptic crosswords, y'see. Does it mean:

a) we're going to be taken over by someone worse than Rupert?

b) we're going to be taken over by A. D. Ministrator?

c) Pompey ground share?

well from the tone I think he means a), but it's a strange statement.

Isn't Nick one of yer trust or bust wallahs??

I know someone yesterday reported that 35,000 shares were purchased (yesterday). But I've just seen this:

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareTrades.asp?shareprice=SOO&share=SOUTHAMPTON_LEISURE_HOLDINGS_PLC_ORD_5P

which shows that a further 36,800 were also purchased yesterday.

Put together, that's fairly sizeable dealings.

(Trousers - how come you haven't spotted this?)

Time to reopen the Ass-turius Sports thread methinks.

Missing it already. Wouldn't worry about whatever is said on the UI, they

can't tell a saints fan from a skate at the best of time.

And you take everything said on the Saints Web as worth worrying about .....aaaaah, how sweet!

I know someone yesterday reported that 35,000 shares were purchased (yesterday). But I've just seen this:

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareTrades.asp?shareprice=SOO&share=SOUTHAMPTON_LEISURE_HOLDINGS_PLC_ORD_5P

Nope ,that deal got cancelled, only the 35500 is valid.

It's as if someone sold 36815 shares and then realised he only had 35500 to sell after all.

Nope ,that deal got cancelled, only the 35500 is valid.

It's as if someone sold 36815 shares and then realised he only had 35500 to sell after all.

I was speaking to a friend on Friday and he asked me how the Fulthorpe bid was going and said he would buy £10,000 worth of shares on Monday to speculate. This was against my advice as I do not think the Fulthorpe thing will come to fruition.

So it could be him and I would not read too much into it.

Gentlemen, Ladies and Trousers.

I wish to point out one enormous flaw in this speculative thread, and can do so with great gravitas as I am for once completely and utterly ITK.

Certainly is in the Arab World

WRONG. You see it is made up assumptions like this that start the whole TSW melting down yet again over nothing.

Wednesday is NOT the new Friday in the Arab World.

Thursday is and has always been Friday. For a long while however it is fair to state that in fact Thursday afternoon was Saturday, with Thursday morning taking on the role of Friday.

Approximately 8 years ago, Thursday then became the new Wednesday, with Friday becoming the new Saturday. This was implemented for all schools and government offices. However due to the demands of multi-national corporations, at the same time, despite the best efforts of the legislators, a three tier new Friday developed.

For local companies Thursday afternoon remained the new Saturday.

For the Government & Schools, Wednesday was the new Friday, Thursday was the new Saturday and Friday became Sunday.

For the MNC's Thursday remained the new Friday, Friday remained Saturday and Saturday became Sunday.

Obviously this situation could not continue so legislation was passed 2 years ago that standardised Thursday as Friday, Friday as Saturday and Saturday as Sunday.

Unfortunately for many still employed in local companies they remain with Thursday being both Friday and Saturday.

I hope this now clarifies matters and brings an end to the debate.

I also believe it does FINALLY lay the ghost to bed as to why nothing is ever quite as it seems.

Oh, just to make things crystal clear, for MNC's Sunday is of course the new Monday.

(so yes we work from Sunday to Thursday inclusive which is why you should NEVER believe a takeover story involving Arab money being announced on a Friday)

HTH

I did spot it (obviously)....but didn't want to expose myself to ridicule on here....

Four words:

Horse

Stable door

Bolted

Gentlemen, Ladies and Trousers.

I wish to point out one enormous flaw in this speculative thread, and can do so with great gravitas as I am for once completely and utterly ITK.

WRONG. You see it is made up assumptions like this that start the whole TSW melting down yet again over nothing.

Wednesday is NOT the new Friday in the Arab World.

Thursday is and has always been Friday. For a long while however it is fair to state that in fact Thursday afternoon was Saturday, with Thursday morning taking on the role of Friday.

Approximately 8 years ago, Thursday then became the new Wednesday, with Friday becoming the new Saturday. This was implemented for all schools and government offices. However due to the demands of multi-national corporations, at the same time, despite the best efforts of the legislators, a three tier new Friday developed.

For local companies Thursday afternoon remained the new Saturday.

For the Government & Schools, Wednesday was the new Friday, Thursday was the new Saturday and Friday became Sunday.

For the MNC's Thursday remained the new Friday, Friday remained Saturday and Saturday became Sunday.

Obviously this situation could not continue so legislation was passed 2 years ago that standardised Thursday as Friday, Friday as Saturday and Saturday as Sunday.

Unfortunately for many still employed in local companies they remain with Thursday being both Friday and Saturday.

I hope this now clarifies matters and brings an end to the debate.

I also believe it does FINALLY lay the ghost to bed as to why nothing is ever quite as it seems.

Oh, just to make things crystal clear, for MNC's Sunday is of course the new Monday.

(so yes we work from Sunday to Thursday inclusive which is why you should NEVER believe a takeover story involving Arab money being announced on a Friday)

HTH

All of which is very interesting.

However I do not anticipate the takeover happening in a month of Sundays.

That includes 'Sundays' as either european or arabic Sundays.

I was speaking to a friend on Friday and he asked me how the Fulthorpe bid was going and said he would buy £10,000 worth of shares on Monday to speculate. This was against my advice as I do not think the Fulthorpe thing will come to fruition.

So it could be him and I would not read too much into it.

Well if he had the 10K handy it's probably not a bad idea.

Don't think things can get much worse and I don't believe the administration mongers so it's probably not a ridiculous investment.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....

SHEARER! SHEARER! lol

Anyone who can get odds on Shearer as next manager please let me know - worth a punt methinks.

Ok, firstly i dont believe a word of it, but i will apologize to Nick if its true...not holding my breath!

Secondly, NO NO NO to SHEARER, he knows nothing about managing a club and would be nothing than a figure head

There is a conspiracy...we deleted the last takover thread so someone started one on the UI.

If it happens tomorrow (snowballs chance in hell) it will turn out to be somebody like Fulthorpe with no money but big ideas

Not just someone though, it was Nick I, not really his modus operandii

really,starting takeover threads.

Ok, firstly i dont believe a word of it, but i will apologize to Nick if its true...not holding my breath!

Secondly, NO NO NO to SHEARER, he knows nothing about managing a club and would be nothing than a figure head

Yeah 'cos Roy Keane was a disaster! :rolleyes: