Swindon Build-up Thread

Nexstar

-------------------------------------Davis------------------------------

Butterfield----------------------Fonte--------------Jaidi----------------------Harding

Chambo-------------Chaplow---------------Morgan------------------Lallana

--------------------Lambert-------------Barnard-------------------

Bench:

Shea, Butters, Martin, Dickson, Guly, Hammond, Connolly?

I never really understand the theory that 17-18 yr old players get tired more easily than those in their 20s.

It's not so much a physical thing more of a mental one. Players lose concentration when tired, and with experiance comes the know how to concentrate in every situation. Older players also keep the ball slightly bettter and dont tear around all over the place.Most Managers dip youngsters in and out of the team during their first couple of seasons.

-------------------------------------Davis------------------------------

Butterfield----------------------Fonte--------------Jaidi----------------------Harding

Chambo-------------Chaplow---------------Morgan------------------Lallana

--------------------Lambert-------------Barnard-------------------

Bench:

Shea, Butters, Martin, Dickson, Guly, Hammond, Connolly?

It's a good job we have Butterfield on the bench in case Butterfield gets tired...

See I am in two minds today, we will smash them 4 or 5 - 0 or we will struggle and get a point. I think it depends on how they set out against us, hopefully not like Notts County!!

HOw do you think they will set up? A team who haven't won for ten games going into on of their tougest fixtures of the season aren't going to come and play passing attacking football are they. They'll park the bus, now for the obvious gag, lets hope it's Nigels bus they park and he is driving and moves it out of the way.

I never really understand the theory that 17-18 yr old players get tired more easily than those in their 20s.

Something to do with the fact that their bodies haven't developed and they are not used to playing first team games every week?

I don't but the previous poster had him dropped for N'Guessan in his hypothetical side. I still think AOC is playing too often though and may have lost a bit of his sharpness.

That and the fact that he's a recognised threat now, which combined with Lallana's absense meant that opposing teams could put more effort into stopping him play.

Playing him on the left and narrow has probably stifled him as well.

At least if we lose we have alpine saint to cheer us up.

It's only a game.

It's difficult to know what result would please him the most. Above he says a big win is good thing, then he says it could be detrimental as we didn't play well after winning 6-0 at Oldham, so winning well could be a bad thing. A narrow win wouldn't be good enough as we should be blowing teams like this away and a draw or a defeat, well, i shudder to think.

Let's have none of this 'hindsight' stuff after 5pm this evening, your Adkins, wot's your team this afternoon?

Davis

Butter-Fonte-Jaidi-Harding

Morgan

N-guess-Hammond-Chaplow-Lallana

RL

A sort of 4-1-4-1 with AOC and Gully (and Barnard) to come from the bench once we have control of the game (and hopefully an early goal ... RL penalty on 16 minutes after N'Guessen pulled down).

That's what I would do.

Let's have none of this 'hindsight' stuff after 5pm this evening, your Adkins, wot's your team this afternoon?

Davis

Butter-Fonte-Jaidi-Harding

Morgan

N-guess-Hammond-Chaplow-Lallana

RL

A sort of 4-1-4-1 with AOC and Gully (and Barnard) to come from the bench once we have control of the game (and hopefully an early goal ... RL penalty on 16 minutes after N'Guessen pulled down).

That's what I would do.

No, it is the same team that started against Hartlepool