Swindon Build-up Thread

Nexstar

:lol:

So if the full-time whistle goes at 2-0, will you boo the team?

Still don't know if i'm working for this game - I better f*cking not be as I haven't been since new years day. My season ticket is now more expensive than just buying a ticket for each of the games I went to.

Where do you work?

Went for a run this morning past the Ticket Office, only 19,000 tickets sold so far.

Their current form is poor

Carlisle H (0-1), Colchester a (1-2), Orient a (0-3), Rochdale H (1-1), Bompey a (2-3), Exeter H (0-0), Tranmere H (0-0), Gas a (1-3), Yeovil H (0-1), Oldham a (0-2).

That is 0-3-7 in the last 10, with 2 or more goals conceded in the last 5 away games.

If we come out of the dressing room with the right attitude it should be 2-0 by half time and then we can think of resting players from the hour mark for Tuesday.

Personally if it were me and we were 2-0 up at half time i'd be encouraging the team to go on and smash Swindon to build confidence and send out (another) message to the division. Any team coming of the back of a 5-0 win shouldn't worry about being rested, they should be desperate to play the next game.

Personally if it were me and we were 2-0 up at half time i'd be encouraging the team to go on and smash Swindon to build confidence and send out (another) message to the division. Any team coming of the back of a 5-0 win shouldn't worry about being rested, they should be desperate to play the next game.

Yes, because smashing Oldham had an absolutely spiffing effect on team performance, didnt it ?

Yes, because smashing Oldham had an absolutely spiffing effect on team performance, didnt it ?

You need to get over your obsession with starting arguements with me. On the one hand you say you agree with our man who says he will only be happy with winning 3-0 or more yet now you seem to think a big win wont be a good win and will have a detremental effect of the team. Which is it to be?

Edited by Turkish

You can do that with every point he makes, he's already made the opposite. It can only be a wind-up, an awful memory, being thick, or a combination of them.

Yet people come along not realising and say 'don't pick on poor alpine, his opinion is valid too'. There is no opinion. That's the point. Just wind-ups, argument seeking, moaning and contradicting himself. I suppose the key is if you offer every opinion you'll end up being right with some, and can conveniently ignore the 99% that were wrong.

To be fair i am coming round to his way of thinking, you cant lose. Saturday if we fail to win, or even a narrow win, its because the team dont want it, we should be blowing teams like Swindon away, squad not good enough etc. If we go two or three up at half time rest players for the next game and we dont score another or concded he can argue this proves we lack quality depth because they didn't do as well as the first 11. If we go on and win 7-0 then we should really be closing the game down and not using up energy with a midweek game to come. He's already implied on this thread that a big win will be both a great win and detremental, got to love it.

For some of us who happen to work in or live near Swindon this is one of the biggest games of the season. You don't have to put up with the yokels day in day out.

I'm glad someone can sympathise with me, the yokels really do like to rub it in still, even though we're 15 places above them, will be good to shut them up.

I'm coming down with some Swindon lads and having a few pre match pints with them, can anyone recommend a place that welcomes both sets of fans? We did Giddy Bridge last season, but would be good to take them somewhere different this time.

So now thrashing a team would be a bad idea?

Just to clarify, what score, or scenario in the game will result in your not producing a negative post-match comment?

I'd like to know so I can hope for this result with you.

Don't be daft, can't you read the sarcasm in the message. Alpine is just saying that despite giving Oldham a thrashing we didn't seem to carry that amazing scoring form forward into our next games as we have scored a grand total of 8 goals in the 7 matches since Oldham.

He might be a massive pessimist but on this occasion he's not saying that a big win is a bad thing as you suggest.

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/sport/8874580.SWINDON_TOWN__Southampton_will_be_wary_of_us__says_Wilson/

Danny Wilson says that "Southampton will be wary of us"..................

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8875294.Swindon_boss_claims_pressure_is_on_Southampton/

And he says the pressure is on us.......

Edited by positivepete

I'm glad someone can sympathise with me, the yokels really do like to rub it in still, even though we're 15 places above them, will be good to shut them up.

I'm coming down with some Swindon lads and having a few pre match pints with them, can anyone recommend a place that welcomes both sets of fans? We did Giddy Bridge last season, but would be good to take them somewhere different this time.

Bedfords as always surely?

M last day at work today in my old job. Went to work this morning with a spring in my step. It was surprisingly warm for a feb morning and dry. The birds were singing and all was right with then world. Work has been delightful and all sorts of people wishing me luck. Tomorrow I will be stood on the terraces, and i gaurantee this wonderful long weekend I have been having will be continue, and Saints will not just beat, but demolish Swindon. This is all you need to know, Swindon are going to get well and truely trounced tomorrow. And England will beat France.

M last day at work today in my old job. Went to work this morning with a spring in my step. It was surprisingly warm for a feb morning and dry. The birds were singing and all was right with then world. Work has been delightful and all sorts of people wishing me luck. Tomorrow I will be stood on the terraces, and i gaurantee this wonderful long weekend I have been having will be continue, and Saints will not just beat, but demolish Swindon. This is all you need to know, Swindon are going to get well and truely trounced tomorrow. And England will beat France.

Good for you - and let's hope you're right in all your predictions!

Apparently they have also signed Obika from Spurs who is expected to play

Although he doesn't seemed to have made much difference in the 3 games that he's been there so far.He's just a kid who spends his time on loan somewhere or other.Premier league clubs have for the most part massive reserve squads. I noticed the other day that Arsenal have a 30 man reserve squad in addition to those players who figure in the first side.

That is 0-3-7 in the last 10, with 2 or more goals conceded in the last 5 away games.

with that sort if form you know they will be looking to keep it very tight, so its imperative we get an early goal and force them out. Teams that don;t want to play can be very hard to break down and often then catch us on the break. Out of the blocks fast, and early goal and we'll be home free.

Off to see Saints with my kids tomorrow' date=' for the first time this season... and in the family enclosure for the first time in over 30 odd years supporting the Saints. Trust the big win will cement the support in my family at least![/quote']

Likewise - the view from there ain't too bad. My son has a 100% record so far, lets hope it continues!

Vital to get a good win tomorrow and get some momentum back - the non-performances have to stop. I want to see us out of the blocks quickly and getting lots of width and deliveries in, get rid of the diamond system for home games and put Guly up front alongside Lambert. My team - Davis, Richardson, Harding, Seaborne, Fonte, Chaplow, Hammond, N'Guessan, Lallana, Guly, Lambert. Moreover, we need goals as well, with the potential attacking threat we have outside of Lambert the team has nowhere near pulled it's weight in terms of goals.

Vital to get a good win tomorrow and get some momentum back - the non-performances have to stop. I want to see us out of the blocks quickly and getting lots of width and deliveries in, get rid of the diamond system for home games and put Guly up front alongside Lambert. My team - Davis, Richardson, Harding, Seaborne, Fonte, Chaplow, Hammond, N'Guessan, Lallana, Guly, Lambert. Moreover, we need goals as well, with the potential attacking threat we have outside of Lambert the team has nowhere near pulled it's weight in terms of goals.

Seaborne wasn't even on the bench on Tuesday whatever that may signify, I also get the impression that injury apart AOC will not be dropped for any reason whatsoever.We made him stay and he now has to play.

Anyway it would seem that Seaborne,Forte and Dickson all have some sort of minor injury and may be reserved for Tuesday.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I see we are of to a good start with Danny Seaborne saying we will be in the top 2. I am all for this from the players but his performance at Peterborough should ensure he keeps it zipped until he shows a run of form.

What do you mean? he's brought "steel to the defence" doesn't mention that it's only every 2 games out of 5 but hey...

Glad to see Adkins is still churning out the old phrase 'its all about winning games of football'

Its hardly going to be about winning games of hungry hippos is it?!

I stopped watching after about 3 or 4 minutes, it's all so predictable now. I used to like his pre-match interviews as well.

I can't remember exactly what he said after the game on Tuesday but I can't help thinking that this piece is at variance with his reaction then.

Seaborne wasn't even on the bench on Tuesday whatever that may signify, I also get the impression that injury apart AOC will not be dropped for any reason whatsoever.We made him stay and he now has to play.

Anyway it would seem that Seaborne,Forte and Dickson all have some sort of minor injury and may be reserved for Tuesday.

that's a bit of an over reaction of a statement. AOC is one of the best players in the squad and has earned his position on merit. He's been a threat in just about every game that he has played and I would think that if the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool want him, then all of our rivals in L1 would also love to have him playing for us. You sound like you have a problem with AOC starting just about every match. Given that Adkins has stated regularly that he has the development (physical and footballing) of AOC at the forefront of his mind where do you see the problem?

that's a bit of an over reaction of a statement. AOC is one of the best players in the squad and has earned his position on merit. He's been a threat in just about every game that he has played and I would think that if the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool want him, then all of our rivals in L1 would also love to have him playing for us. You sound like you have a problem with AOC starting just about every match. Given that Adkins has stated regularly that he has the development (physical and footballing) of AOC at the forefront of his mind where do you see the problem?

I don't but the previous poster had him dropped for N'Guessan in his hypothetical side. I still think AOC is playing too often though and may have lost a bit of his sharpness.

You obviously haven't seen Richardson play or you wouldn't be resorting to putting him in. Retaining possession is our problem at the moment and that's one thing Richardson definitely cannot do! As I said before if Richardson is the answer what is the question?