Markus Liebherr memorial cup

ladysaint

If we get promoted I expect it to be somewhere more exciting, Hong kong, USA, Dubai etc
Never know, but I can't see it. Unless you're really going to make some good money out of it (which we'd be unlikely to), no point doing such a trip, plus I'd imagine they would take a while to organise. Having said that this is going to be one of the longest ever pre-seasons, so plenty of time. As boring as it is, Switzerland ticks all the boxes from a practical point of view.

• 1 month later...
someone has commented saying it was only agreed as part of the AOC deal should saints not get promoted. does make sense, be unusual to play a league rival in a pre-season game.

Do we see Arsenal as rivals? They aren't really in the running for the title.

someone has commented saying it was only agreed as part of the AOC deal should saints not get promoted. does make sense, be unusual to play a league rival in a pre-season game.

It would but its not even a full game if it follows last years formula. It will be a 45 minute game and its over a month before the season kicks off.

Prem teams seem to play each other in all these pre season tornaments they have in Asia etc.

It would but its not even a full game if it follows last years formula. It will be a 45 minute game and its over a month before the season kicks off.

Prem teams seem to play each other in all these pre season tornaments they have in Asia etc.

If it follows last year's format it will be two 45 minute games, against two different teams.

Prem teams generally only play each other during pre season when there is a commercial benefit in doing so. Perhaps the Markus Lieherr memorial will be played overseas, such as Japan. That way there would be a commercial benefit in Arsenal participating.

Don't think it will be as they have already said it will be at SMS with the Olympic torch appearing too.

Why would it be so strange to play a fellow premier league (love saying that) club in pre-season? last year Chelsea, Blackburn & Aston Villa all played in the Asia Cup. Surely we'd be better playing the likes of Arsenal to prepare for the Prem rather than Yeovil away!!! If Arsenal are confirmed then it makes it easier to attract a fellow big European side, probably why it was part of the deal

.........and where will they get the money to pay for that lot ? ....will they use Drachma instead ?

By the time of the games you could well be right and they will be back to using that old fashioned currency. If they bring it back could I then reuse all the old ones that I never got to swop over could have a cheap holiday in Greece then :)

Sent: 19 May 2012 10:03

Southampton game is scheduled to be 1st team squad pre season game (not reserves)

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®

On Twitter: http://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/status/203772896810774528

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1

Seems that the Southampton friendly may be 'short' half matches, and also may incorporate some Olympic celebrations #ArsenaI

Edited by Saint Garrett