Songs for the P*mpey game

SW11_Saint

Seem to have plenty in our songbook, but I did like this one from the Auld Firm game:

Rangers fans: "We're Rangers 'till we die, we're Rangers 'til we die...etc"

Celtic fans: "You're Rangers 'til July, you're Rangers 'til July..."

Very clever. Surely something we can sing at our blue brethren if they pipe up with that one?

Any others?

I put this on the banner for P*mpey thread last week, but it would make a good chant:

"Your sons will wear our shirts"

The poster who thought it was "a bit sexist" on that thread can substitute "sons" with "kids".

Or alternatively we could focus on singing songs of support to OUR team instead!

Okay 'outraged of Purley', I get that - and of course we will, but if you think there won't be banter between the fans you are deluded (or have never been to a Derby game).

I would imagine there will be a lot a "sha la la la...."

I'm all for supporting our team but in this game I am also fully behind the anti pompey chants. Especially as it's very likely we wont play them for a very long time...or ever again.

the following on top of the usual would be good...

"We're laughing at yooooou, you dirty skate b@stards, we're laughing at you"

"Your sisters your muuuum, you dirty skate b@stards, your sisters your mum"

"Always look on the bright side of life, do do, do do do do do do"

"You'll never play here again"

"The Southcoast is ooours, the skates are bankrupt, the Southcoast is ours"

"Lets all have a whip round"

"We're just too good for you, we're just too good for you..."

"We'll sing on our ooown, you're so quiet, we'll sing on our own"

This one makes for a good reply o anything they sing "we don't understand, we don't understaaaand, your pikey bulls*it, we don't understand"

"ONE TEAM IN HAMPSHIRE!"

"The wheels on your house go round and round, round and round, round and round"

"Does the social know you're here"

To the tune of "Blue Moon"...

"Blue few

You're always standing alone

Without a club to support

Without a ground of your own"

Do NOT sing "Pay up pompey". Makes them sound loud, stick with "F**k off pompey"

Edited by Golden Balls

Do NOT sing "Pay up pompey". Makes them sound loud, stick with "F**k off pompey"

This. Tell everyone you know, tell anyone sat around you, not to sing it. Made their support sound far better than it was last time round.

Surely singing "The Saints are going up, the Saints are going up and now you're going to believe us....." will be more than enough to have them foaming at the mouth we could always alternate with "pompey are going down, pompey are going down and now you're going to believe us...."

Seem to have plenty in our songbook, but I did like this one from the Auld Firm game:

Very clever. Surely something we can sing at our blue brethren if they pipe up with that one?

Any others?

Plenty of good songs were suggested on here before the away game and were never picked up. We'll just sing the usual with over-excitable, clapping along at 1000 miles an hour to whatever is sung.

Plenty of good songs were suggested on here before the away game and were never picked up. We'll just sing the usual with over-excitable, clapping along at 1000 miles an hour to whatever is sung.

True, but some were picked up. Including "Who the **** is laughing now" so it's worth throwing some ideas around for a bit of fun

True, but some were picked up. Including "Who the **** is laughing now" so it's worth throwing some ideas around for a bit of fun

i saw someone suggest singing "good luck, in the johstones paint, good luck in the johnstones paint" not bad, but otherwise stick to the usual.

also hope the whole ground comes alive for this one, i'm down the chapel end hope it is a bit louder than normal.

This. Tell everyone you know, tell anyone sat around you, not to sing it. Made their support sound far better than it was last time round.

Singing "Pay Up Pompey" must not happen. Spread the word.

This x 10000

Can't be said enough, no way should "Pay Up" be heard.

It is clever, don't know who came up with it first but Reading were singing it to the skates a few weeks back. Only bugger is, it may have a similar effect to "PayUp" and if you join in with them singing "til I die" it will just make it sound like they're actually making some noise.

Sha-la-la will be the order of the day.

I'm hoping for a cauldren of hate. It's one game where I care more about baiting those ****s than supporting my own team. The atmosphere in the Itchen North last time was the best I've ever known at SMS, when Lambery scored I've never known a celebration like it.

Remember as well that every derby game at St Marys has seen the Skates freeze. Seriously it took until the 4th goal last time to get a peep out of them, usually any song they try and sing we copy and take over - for example their "and it's Ports***** City" song, we drowned em out and they couldn't take it.

The most noise they ever made was during Ted Bates' minute's silence. Don't forget that.

Scum the lot of 'em. If they saw your gran lying in the street on derby day and they suspected he of being a scummer theyd put the boot in. No mercy to 'em I say.

I want dads in the Chapel leaning over the hoarding screaming abuse at Ashdown's goal kicks, old boys in the Kingsland throwing off ther tartan rug and taking a swing at Varney as he takes a throw in and mums in the Itchen to give their lairy son a ticket instead so they can scream abuse at Appy.

Up the Saints!

Block 2.

Still think the most hostile was the first time we played them at SMS. Barely heard a peep out of them (other than, as Jackanory says, during the minute's silence) and they got a cacophony of whistles every time they tried.

Skatey Redknapp said that night was like going into Beirut.

I'm hoping for a cauldren of hate. It's one game where I care more about baiting those ****s than supporting my own team. The atmosphere in the Itchen North last time was the best I've ever known at SMS, when Lambery scored I've never known a celebration like it.

Remember as well that every derby game at St Marys has seen the Skates freeze. Seriously it took until the 4th goal last time to get a peep out of them, usually any song they try and sing we copy and take over - for example their "and it's Ports***** City" song, we drowned em out and they couldn't take it.

The most noise they ever made was during Ted Bates' minute's silence. Don't forget that.

Scum the lot of 'em. If they saw your gran lying in the street on derby day and they suspected he of being a scummer theyd put the boot in. No mercy to 'em I say.

I want dads in the Chapel leaning over the hoarding screaming abuse at Ashdown's goal kicks, old boys in the Kingsland throwing off ther tartan rug and taking a swing at Varney as he takes a throw in and mums in the Itchen to give their lairy son a ticket instead so they can scream abuse at Appy.

Up the Saints!

Block 2.

this ! :lol:

Still think the most hostile was the first time we played them at SMS. Barely heard a peep out of them (other than, as Jackanory says, during the minute's silence) and they got a cacophony of whistles every time they tried.

Skatey Redknapp said that night was like going into Beirut.

Yep. Was a hell of an atmosphere that night.

For the greatest fans on Earth, they've never made noise at ours. Which is terrible when you consider that 3 of those visits they've had a bigger allocation eating into the Northam for cup games.

This is how it feels to be Pompey

This is how it feels to be small

This is how it feels when your team won't exist any more (exist any more, exist any more, etc)

I know this was suggested last time we played them and is blatant rip off of a Man United song, but their version is somewhat less relevant now, so no harm in stealing as our own.

My first game at SMS I got caught on a train with a bunch of Skates. They were splitting out the train window at women with prams, children etc as we went past a supermarket car park. Never forgot that. I for one will be tearing into them for the full 90 mins

Remember trying to get some of 'em going, and failing. I'm a fan of 'does the social know you 'ere'

To the tune of "We're top the league "

We fecking hate you, we fecking hate you, you dirty skate ba$tards, we fecking hate you.

Oh, that tune...again.

A great footie toon you don't hear much anymore "Those were the days/We'll see you all outside/Come on you mighty Saints" could do with a revival...

"We hate the cheating skates, we hate the cheating skates,

We hate the skates, we hate the cheating skates,

You cheat and stole the cup, but now you've f*cked it up,

We hate the skates, we hate the cheating skates".

Gets my vote...but I'm old and biased.

We're having a party when P*mpey dies...

FC United of Manchester:

Good shout, also

We'll **** on your grave,

We'll **** on your grave.

When you c*nts go bankrupt

We'll **** on your grave

or so we can use it at other games,

We'll **** on their grave,

We'll **** on their grave.

When pompey go bankrupt,

We'll **** on their grave

On a more light-hearted note, how about a rude version of Mike Oldfield's Portsmouth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycuT9iFPAvo

You are rubbish at football, and have se-ex with fish

You're crap you're crap you're crap you're crap

You're crap you're crap you're CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!