the McCanns

Thedelldays

Is there any proof that a sick pervert stole a child from a hotel room?

The Portuguese Police, and the Met have completely ruled out the McCanns so what's the alternative. Although I may have jumped to the conclusion regarding the pervert bit as she may have been abducted to a lovely family that couldn't have kids and wished to use illegal methods of obtaining one. I hope to god that's the case and she wasn't taken by a nonce or someone working with/ for one.

You have read a old Daily Mail article based on 47 questions out of a 11 hour interview where she had taken leagal advice on what to answer and what not, and think they bumped her off for no apparant reason in a 10 minute window whilst laughing, eating and drinking with friends seconds beforehand. Then they decided the best way to get away with it was to spend the next X years tirelessly working to raise awareness of a crime you completely fabricated and looking down the lens at TV cameras through tearful eyes to say that all you want in this world is your child back.

You probably think man didn't walk on the moon, 911 was a CIA conspiracy and Diana was bumped off by the Queen.

Mikey - this got huge publicity as, despite kids going missing "all the time" they very rarely do on holiday in a foreign country (feel free to point out instances where they have). The holiday angle makes it even bigger than any other.

Pap - What are your thoughts on Shannon Matthews? Good mum yeah, working class salt of the earth, she should have got just as much publicity as McCanns, what are the papers doing questioning her 7 kids by 7 dads (except The Sun who offered a £20k reward - not that you'd know as you're not one of the 300k in Merseyside that read it, more than any other paper). Oh hold on, what's the old bill doing round her brother in laws...

JackanorySFC - the official report from the Portuguese indicates no conclusion to the case. That means they have no firm evidence to reach a satisfactory conclusion. That doesn't automatically mean that Madeleine was abducted by a sick pervert, as you suggest. It means they don't know what happened, and that's all it means. I ask again, what proof do you have for your statements. It's okay if you don't answer. It's rhetorical. Like the British and Portuguese authorities, you have none.

So we're left with an open verdict, not conclusive proof which Madeleine is alive and well, which is a notion that the McCanns are very keen on promoting, be it through possible sightings or computer reconstructions. In nearly every other case of this kind, we'd assume the worst after this period of time and the story would have faded from the headlines.

For the sake of argument, let's start with the hypothesis that at least one of the McCanns was complicit in Madeleine's death and that both covered it up. How do events look then? Oddly enough, they actually start to make sense. You could argue that Kate McCann refused to answer any questions because she wasn't confident that she would survive any cross-examination. You could argue that the tireless campaigning is a narcissistic guilt trip, or that the continuing mantra that Maddy is alive is a good way to raise the question over whether there was ever a murder in the first place. All it takes is a different starting position.

You are starting from the exact opposite position. That's fair enough. History may prove one of those positions correct. I hope for all their sakes that you are correct. You can lay the conspiracy stuff on as thick as you like, but I'm not alone in thinking that there is something wrong here.

As for Shannon Matthews, it was a thoroughly disgusting episode from start to finish.

As for Shannon Matthews, it was a thoroughly disgusting episode from start to finish.

But you'd have to note that the McCanns are presumably very clever people,something that can't be said about Shannon Matthews.

Couldn't say either way myself, don't know enough about the case.

If my parents were ever both out of the house for more than 20 minutes at night when my brothers and I were younger, they would always get a neighbour or babysitter to watch us. That carried on until I was around 14.

[sits back and waits for turkish to comment "are you really 14 already?"]

They should have stayed with their kids and had a few beers and some crisps on their balcony like anyone else. Oh no, had to go and have tapas with their w@nker mates.

You can't blame them for trying their hardest to find her but I think what gets up some peoples noses is that they remind many of typical middle class arse-holes who see their kids as an inconvenience to their lifestyle, instead of being their life. Might not be the case, just how they may be perceived.

Have sympathy for Madeline being taken from her parents, but what posessed the McCanns to go out and leave their children at home, if you did that in this country, you would rightly be prosecuted. What I dislike is I am expected to have sympathy and understanding for appalling parenting from a middle class couple, who the media have not lambasted for their actions because they are doctors. If it was me that had done this, I would rightly had been metaphorically hung, drawn and quartered. They should have been prosecuted for child abandonment.

It's only speculation that it was a pervert . Look how the publicity and false witnesses the persecuted that other guy who was a suspect when he was innocent . It's all well and good the tabloids criticising the likes of the portugese but look at they way they crucified the landlord in the Joanne Yates murder . There was a British boy who went missing in Kos all them years ago was that a family who abducted him or a sicko ? Also is there any truth that Gerry macanns dr p was some kind of perv or was that just media crap . None of us know what happened only those involved . One thing I am curious about how many children in that area have gone missing but never found ?

I still find this case fascinating.

There is no evidence that the kid was abducted, nor any evidence that shes dead.

I find it hard to accept that a random would stroll around a holiday complex and stumble across an apartment containing kids without a parent. It makes no sense.

I also find Kate's responses to the police bizarre.

It's also thoroughly odd that a parent would wash their missing child's smell off of the teddy or whatever it was just after she went missing.

One school of thought is that the kid may have been sedated so that her parents could enjoy their night. I'm not saying that happened but it's not unheard of particularly amongst those with access to medication. Hypothetically, if that were to happen and perhaps with a tragic result would it be realistic to expect parents to fess up, or might panic set in? What if they worried about their careers or how foreign plod may view it?

I'm open minded on this but there are many oddities in this case.

I still find this case fascinating.

There is no evidence that the kid was abducted, nor any evidence that shes dead.

I find it hard to accept that a random would stroll around a holiday complex and stumble across an apartment containing kids without a parent. It makes no sense.

I also find Kate's responses to the police bizarre.

It's also thoroughly odd that a parent would wash their missing child's smell off of the teddy or whatever it was just after she went missing.

One school of thought is that the kid may have been sedated so that her parents could enjoy their night. I'm not saying that happened but it's not unheard of particularly amongst those with access to medication. Hypothetically, if that were to happen and perhaps with a tragic result would it be realistic to expect parents to fess up, or might panic set in? What if they worried about their careers or how foreign plod may view it?

I'm open minded on this but there are many oddities in this case.

Yeah I remember this idea being put about shortly afterwards when an acquaintance of the McCanns claimed they had been known to do this before (give sedatives to the kids to get them to sleep) and I have to say it seems more likely to me than the idea that a random just strolled into a holiday complex and chanced upon an apartment with no adults and some sleeping kids. Let's suppose they inadvertently gave Maddie too high a dose and came back to find her dead; panicked and disposed of the body and then cooked up a story that she had been abducted while they eat. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out that's what really happened.

Something about the whole story just doesn't add up to me. Whenever I see TV appearances from the two of them I can't escape the feeling that there is something very odd about their body-language. I'm not an expert in this field by any means, and I can't put my finger on what exactly it is about them, it's just an intuition telling me that something's not right. It was exactly the same with that Tracie Andrews who claimed her boyfriend was killed by some nutter in a road-rage attack but eventually she confessed she killed him herself. I knew as soon as I first saw her TV plea for information that something wasn't right and my instinct turned out to be correct.

Yeah I remember this idea being put about shortly afterwards when an acquaintance of the McCanns claimed they had been known to do this before (give sedatives to the kids to get them to sleep) and I have to say it seems more likely to me than the idea that a random just strolled into a holiday complex and chanced upon an apartment with no adults and some sleeping kids. Let's suppose they inadvertently gave Maddie too high a dose and came back to find her dead; panicked and disposed of the body and then cooked up a story that she had been abducted while they eat. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out that's what really happened.

Something about the whole story just doesn't add up to me. Whenever I see TV appearances from the two of them I can't escape the feeling that there is something very odd about their body-language. I'm not an expert in this field by any means, and I can't put my finger on what exactly it is about them, it's just an intuition telling me that something's not right. It was exactly the same with that Tracie Andrews who claimed her boyfriend was killed by some nutter in a road-rage attack but eventually she confessed she killed him herself. I knew as soon as I first saw her TV plea for information that something wasn't right and my instinct turned out to be correct.

If you are friendly with a gp ask them what they think.

It's the washed teddy (or blanket) thing thOugh that I cant comprehend. Why wash something that is ingrained with the smell and sweat of your missing daughter?

That's about how I feel. When I first saw the look in the mother's eyes it wasn't distraught or despair, it was resignation, almost as though she knew that her daughter was gone and not coming back. Just a feeling, nothing more.

I was in Spain with my family when this news broke and I guess for this reason I have always felt close to this story.

The story is tragic and sad. Whichever way you want to slice it, whether that is a pro-McCann or anti-McCann argument or theory, the simple fact remains that a four year old girl has been taken from her family, and possibly taken forever.

Whether that was at the hand of an abductor, a paedophile ring, or her parents, makes no odds to little Madeleine McCann.

poor little mite.

There's absolutely no way I would have left my kids unattended at that age, definitely not to go out drinking. With the sort of money the McCanns had at their disposal, there was absolutely no reason for them to leave their kids alone either.

When my kids were young, we got babysitters whenever we were going out. If we couldn't get/afford a babysitter, we didn't go out.

Irrespective of anything else they may or may not have done, they put their own interests ahead of their kids - with tragic consequences.

This.

I feel sorry for Maddie, wherever she is in this world or the next, and I feel sorry for her twin siblings, who it seems will never have a normal life. But I couldnt care less about the parents. They brought it upon themselves.

I've not followed the case too closely, so this is the first time I've heard the sedation theory. It does sound plausible, and it would explain some very bloody odd body language and behaviour from the McCanns, but would they still be getting on our nerves about it now if this was the case ? You would think they would by now be happy to let the story fade into the background.

I've not followed the case too closely, so this is the first time I've heard the sedation theory. It does sound plausible, and it would explain some very bloody odd body language and behaviour from the McCanns, but would they still be getting on our nerves about it now if this was the case ? You would think they would by now be happy to let the story fade into the background.

I'm guessing there is some kind of 'syndrome' whereby you play out a certain scenario so thoroughly that you end up mentally convincing yourself that the scenario actually happened.

What struck me as odd was how quickly and well organised the publicity was. Website up, visits to the pope etc. I suppose people react in different ways and maybe they are better organised and wealthier than average but I couldn't help thinking something wasn't right.

I would be a blubbering mess in that situation, I certainly wouldn't fancy a visit to the pope.

What struck me as odd was how quickly and well organised the publicity was. Website up, visits to the pope etc. I suppose people react in different ways and maybe they are better organised and wealthier than average but I couldn't help thinking something wasn't right.

I would be a blubbering mess in that situation, I certainly wouldn't fancy a visit to the pope.

Indeed. I would be exploding in public and smacking people intruding on my grief/worry.

Dont say a word kate.

43. In the case files you were SHOWN CANINE forensic testing films, where you can see them marking due to detection of the scent of human corpse and blood traces, also human, and only human, as well as all the comments of the technician in charge of them. After watching and after the marking of the scent of corpse in your bedroom beside the wardrobe and behind the sofa, pushed up against the sofa wall, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, whose analysis was carried out in a British laboratory, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

48. Did you have

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041635/The-48-questions-Kate-McCann-wouldnt-answer--did.html#ixzz1toXszsFt

Blimey, that is dodgy as hell.

Dont say a word kate.

43. In the case files you were SHOWN CANINE forensic testing films, where you can see them marking due to detection of the scent of human corpse and blood traces, also human, and only human, as well as all the comments of the technician in charge of them. After watching and after the marking of the scent of corpse in your bedroom beside the wardrobe and behind the sofa, pushed up against the sofa wall, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, whose analysis was carried out in a British laboratory, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

48. Did you have

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041635/The-48-questions-Kate-McCann-wouldnt-answer--did.html#ixzz1toXszsFt

Jesus. no wonder the Portugese police (allegedly) had trouble taking the case seriously, if the mother was so obstructive.

Edited by alpine_saint

Blimey, that is dodgy as hell.

Innit?

I think there's a touch of sticking up for our own here. Certainly isn't the first time we've done it (remember the interest in the Louise Woodward case) and we aren't the only people who carry that sort of bias (the Americans with Amanda Knox).

I get the distinct impression that people representing the McCanns have tried to portray the Portuguese authorities as bumbling and backward, and to a large extent, they've succeeded.

If this had happened on British soil, I wonder if people would shift from the commonly held starting position.

How can you think that an unlocked apartment is a safe environment. It obviously wasn't in full view of the restaurant or they would have seen any intruder (if there was one).

Leaving a 4-year old and 2-year old twins on their own is criminal. What was to stop them wandering into the kitchen where there is all sorts of dangers. If it had happened in the UK (and the Daily Mail didn't make them out to be middle-class icons of respectability) they would have faced criminal charges.

They should face criminal charges for neglect and I find it chilling tht some people on here have done the same, or at least condone it. Parents have a duty of care towards their children nd the McCann's failed in their big time. Still, I guess a night out with their mates was more important than their kids safety.

I guess no one will ever know what really happened. I agree with the previous posters, tha20you see them on TV. It looks as if Kate McCann is under her husband's 'spell' to a certain extent. He looks too cocky, almost arrogant even. She looks as if she is very sad and not on this Planet, and is always very frosty toward him. They never seem to have eye contact even. Also, the way the mass publicity thing took off was very strange - someone must have been pushing it, surely? Children go missing every day, all over the world, and it's time that the media focuses its energies on saving young kids who are starving and who are dying from disease. Let the Police do their job, that's the way it should be. Hopefully, Madeleine will turn up one day, but I very much doubt it.

There's absolutely no way I would have left my kids unattended at that age, definitely not to go out drinking. With the sort of money the McCanns had at their disposal, there was absolutely no reason for them to leave their kids alone either.

When my kids were young, we got babysitters whenever we were going out. If we couldn't get/afford a babysitter, we didn't go out.

Irrespective of anything else they may or may not have done, they put their own interests ahead of their kids - with tragic consequences.

This, this and this - what were they thinking, there's a degree of WTF to be had here!!! They doth protest too much???????

Edited by BadgerBadger

• 1 year later...

st seen this breaking news

Portuguese authorities have approved Met Police plans to dig for evidence in the resort where Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007.

Forensics officers will use ground penetrating radar equipment to search at three sites in Praia da Luz.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt, speaking from the police investigators' base in Faro, described the move as a "breakthrough" in the investigation.

Will see if this report leads to anything new

We should probably get the two McCann threads merged.

However, I came across this information this morning. It's been out there for years; just never knew about it.

Apparently, Gerry McCann was registered in the CATS system.

http://goodqualitywristbands.blogspot.com/2012/01/did-jim-gamble-sanitize-gerry-mccanns.html

Incidentally, this is a very good forum for seeing wide discussion on the subject.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/

What us wrong with the met police . They need to stop leaking stuff to the press . They should go about the maddie investigation quietly and with due diligence . If they want to search three houses do this discreetly not brag to the press mainly as it gives any potential suspects the opportunity to destroy and get rid of any incriminating evidence and secondly you need to be having the conversation with the Portuguese police . After all you are in a foreign country

Or are trying to dumb down another bad news met story that has been released ?

What us wrong with the met police . They need to stop leaking stuff to the press . They should go about the maddie investigation quietly and with due diligence . If they want to search three houses do this discreetly not brag to the press mainly as it gives any potential suspects the opportunity to destroy and get rid of any incriminating evidence and secondly you need to be having the conversation with the Portuguese police . After all you are in a foreign country

Or are trying to dumb down another bad news met story that has been released ?

Sir assumes that a robust investigation is what is happening here. Do you really believe that? As you say, the Met are giving out tons of operational information in advance which would hinder attempts to uncover evidence. The element of surprise completely lost.

So far, this investigation has spent over 7m of taxpayer cash. All it has managed to achieve is identify additional potential suspects, all of which have been bigged up at the time as a potential breakthrough, none of which actually led anywhere. The aim seems to be the dilution of the McCann's potential guilt by adding more and more suspects to the mix.

Since the disappearance, count the number of times you've seen the McCanns mentioned as potentially complicit, versus all the times where they present themselves as distressed parents. It's almost sacrilege in some circles to even suggest that they might know more (weirdly enough though, the DM's readers seem to be all over this). It really isn't a case of one or two details being out of place. This case would have been closed week one, had the crime happened in this country.

As it is, we've spent 7m for a 0% success rate.

Obviously time to 'bury' some more bad news. Paedo politicians and organised child sex rings in the 70's, who knew what? Massively discredited political system with vast numbers not voting or protest-voting.

NoW trial rolls on in the background, corruption and routine law-breaking in the media, and dodgy links to police/politicians/big business. Zero hours contracts becoming the new normal and welfare claimants being compelled to take these in lieu of proper paid work. What better time to roll out the McCann travelling circus for it's umpteenth performance.... daytime TV, the opiate of the masses.

2007- 1 blonde white girl kidnapped in Portugal.

- Worldwide search involving Portuguese and British police, Interpol and the FBI launched.

- Multi million pound foundation set up along with the offer of a multi million pound reward.

2014- 230 plus black girls kidnapped in Nigeria

Says it all really.

2007- 1 blonde white girl kidnapped in Portugal.

- Worldwide search involving Portuguese and British police, Interpol and the FBI launched.

- Multi million pound foundation set up along with the offer of a multi million pound reward.

2014- 230 plus black girls kidnapped in Nigeria

Says it all really.

Does it? What do you suggest should be done about the Nigerians?