Olympic Opening Ceremony

dune

Storm brewing on Twitter

Aidan Burley MP ‏@AidanBurleyMP

The most leftie opening ceremony I have ever seen - more than Beijing, the capital of a communist state! Welfare tribute next?

Now there is an outcry with such great responses as

Willard Foxton ‏@WillardFoxton

Presumably Aiden Burley preferred the 1936 opening ceremony? Man's a maggot. A national disgrace.

Greg Callus ‏@Greg_Callus

.@AidanBurleyMP I imagine most things look pretty leftie to those who pall around with men dressed in Nazi uniforms

Graham Linehan ‏@Glinner

What's the view from the average piece of ****? http://bit.ly/LSPzJA

And my personal favourite

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

@aidanburleymp I'll happily stand against you at the next election.You have no clue about our town or its people.Game on.

Ah you've got to love it.

Edited by doubleonothing

That was absolutely amazing! Danny Boyle is a genius!

Those that know me, know I'm straight down the line. I'm a Manager, black and white, sort it out and deliver, if not, why not. However, I wish I was more artistic sometimes, Danny Boyle's talent is unquestionable, amazing! I loved the history "lesson", I loved the music, I loved the Queen interlude, Mr Bean, everything - utterly utterly gob-smacked, it was genius!

I am very very very proud to be British this year, what with the Jubilee and now this, amazing! Nothing more I want to say really, love it.

Becuase it isn't discrimination. You wouldn't expect a white person to play Nelson Mandela in a story of his life would you?

Move on man, it's olympic season.

Peace out. x

(Of course I wouldn't, that's a specific character... but where to draw the line, can only a certain child portray Jesus in a nativity? Dwelling over this, really? It means that much? It's an Olympic opening ceremony. If you read between the lines this much it will only have one outcome, and it won't be to your benefit. Chill. x)

Edited by Colinjb

Most normal people can see that it's been a brilliant opening ceremony and a fantastic celebration of our history and culture. However early 1800 bits were laced with political correctness. Black Morris dancers for example. Has anyone ever seen this before? Black people at a 18th century cricket match. Many Black faces during the industrial revolution. It simply isn't an accurate representation of that period in our history. Sorry if you PC types don't like it but that is how it is.

Move on man, it's olympic season.

Peace out. x

(Of course I wouldn't, but dwelling over this, really? It means that much? It's an Olympic opening ceremony. If you read between the lines this much it will only have one outcome, and it won't be to your benefit. Chill. x)

Ok man! You been on the sauce tonight Col?

I am looking forward to our Ladies Synchronised Swimming team marching through:rolleyes:

Just to confirm I was not discriminated against looks:blush: and that it was my flower arrangement on my cap that got me thrown out at the trials:p

Did they say 274 countries walking through?;)

Ps I did not have to look up Synchronised......:smug:

Those that know me, know I'm straight down the line. I'm a Manager, black and white, sort it out and deliver, if not, why not. However, I wish I was more artistic sometimes, Danny Boyle's talent is unquestionable, amazing! I loved the history "lesson", I loved the music, I loved the Queen interlude, Mr Bean, everything - utterly utterly gob-smacked, it was genius!

I am very very very proud to be British this year, what with the Jubilee and now this, amazing! Nothing more I want to say really, love it.

Racist.

I am looking forward to our Ladies Synchronised Swimming team marching through:rolleyes:

Just to confirm I was not discriminated against looks:blush: and that it was my flower arrangement on my cap that got me thrown out at the trials:p

Did they say 274 countries walking through?;)

Ps I did not have to look up Synchronised......:smug:

:DGood to see you're back to normal :smug: with an emoticon :) after every sentance :uhoh:

Pleased you loved it, I really am, i'm as patriotic as the next man..............but i thought it was a bit poor tbh.

Most normal people can see that it's been a brilliant opening ceremony and a fantastic celebration of our history and culture. However early 1800 bits were laced with political correctness. Black Morris dancers for example. Has anyone ever seen this before? Black people at a 18th century cricket match. Many Black faces during the industrial revolution. It simply isn't an accurate representation of that period in our history. Sorry if you PC types don't like it but that is how it is.

Yeah, why did they keep sending all the brothers down the coal mines?, thats discrimination ffs!

This sort of thing gives you a good insight into posters here. There's a few very bitter and sad people. Luckily they are outnumbered by the generous and proud members of our society.

Stop being so precious.

This sort of thing gives you a good insight into posters here. There's a few very bitter and sad people. Luckily they are outnumbered by the generous and proud members of our society.

You didn't like it either then!

I thought the ceremony was brilliant, well done Danny Boyle, knighthood in the bag on New Years Day I'd say. Perfect distillation of what it is to be British - history, humour, heart, diversity, great music, pomp, style and fu ck me we invented industry, modern capitalism, universal healthcare and the world wide web.

Had a little well up four of five times through the show, our country really is freaking ace.

Anyone want the parade to finish now, though. Jeez.

I thought the ceremony was brilliant, well done Danny Boyle, knighthood in the bag on New Years Day I'd say. Perfect distillation of what it is to be British - history, humour, heart, diversity, great music, pomp, style and fu ck me we invented industry, modern capitalism and the world wide web.

Had a little well up four of five times through the show, our country really is freaking ace.

Relax, we're on to SssssszzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In a way it does reflect this country. False history, X-Factor look at me public participation, bad dancing, over-acting, pompous, fakery, over emphasis on multi-culturalism................

The only thing which was missing was a good old British moan.

I thought the ceremony was brilliant, well done Danny Boyle, knighthood in the bag on New Years Day I'd say. Perfect distillation of what it is to be British - history, humour, heart, diversity, great music, pomp, style and fu ck me we invented industry, modern capitalism, universal healthcare and the world wide web.

Totally agree

Like I said earlier, my mate is there and he had text me a few times and said this is the most incredible spectacle he has ever seen. The response from the public around him is of disbelief on how brilliant it is

My God!

A white man waving the Kenyan flag!!!

Danny Boyle you are shockingly airbrushing history!

(pull pin, throw into Turkist/ColinJB argument)

That was my cousin waving the Kenyan flag.

Useless fact of the day