HCDAJFU - The transfer deadline countdown

saint_stevo

Nixon saying Saints are very confident on Ramirez...also he has a story for Mirror Online tonight about another target...not a CB though - he says as far as he knows we don't have a firm target yet (must be waiting for a few things to fall into place).

To be fair, I think the whole CB panic which has been going on here over the last few weeks is a bit OTT. Jose and Jos showed yesterday that they can be good at the highest level and the club are obviously comfortable for the time being. I'm sure we will have a new CB or two before the deadline but the club are obviously focusing on improving the quality of the squad as a whole.

To be fair, I think the whole CB panic which has been going on here over the last few weeks is a bit OTT. Jose and Jos showed yesterday that they can be good at the highest level and the club are obviously comfortable for the time being. I'm sure we will have a new CB or two before the deadline but the club are obviously focusing on improving the quality of the squad as a whole.

I Kind of agree but also think we need more strength in depth. Those who go on about Fonte obviously haven't been watching Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool the last couple of seasons. They all have at least one CB capable of dropping a bollock every couple of matches. Lescott, Ferdinand, Vidic, Smalling, Evans, Terry, Luiz, and Skrtel all make plenty of mistakes, the latter had a shocker this weekend.

We'll get by with JF and JH, until one gets injured - then we're f*cked

I really don't see us being in that position though. People started to write Fonte off especially towards the end of last season and it's been snow balling ever since. There are worst defenders in the prem for sure.

I'm confident we'll get CB's in, one as immediate starter and one as cover, maybe a loan.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Ramirez: deal was basically done,but his interview drove mad Bologna mgmt.Today Southampton and Bologna on meeting in England 1/2

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

2/2 Ramirez: what still missing? 3 more millions for Bologna and payment of 50% of the total within 2012. Percentage of success: 90%

There is a piece on Mirror online tonight about 2 'live' Saints targets. Nixon said that 'Saints are awful sure' that we are landing 2 very soon and that we are still looking at other positions. He thinks we are going to sign 4 or 5 in total between now and the end of the window!

There is a piece on Mirror online tonight about 2 'live' Saints targets. Nixon said that 'Saints are awful sure' that we are landing 2 very soon and that we are still looking at other positions. He thinks we are going to sign 4 or 5 in total between now and the end of the window!

Which would be amazing. 5 especially- two CBs, 2 wingers and a GK? or LB?

Michael Dawson - Yes please.

Tom Huddlestone and Michael Dawson edge towards Tottenham exit door

http://gu.com/p/39qvx/tw via @guardian

We were about to sign Dawson and his Forest colleague Andy Reid back in 2005 but the two of them did a U turn and signed for Spuds. No way would I want this two faced f*cker playing at Saints

Edited by ART

We were about to sign Dawson and his Forest colleague Andy Reid back in January 2005 but the two of them did a U turn and signed for Spuds. No need to say what effect them no signing had on the club.

No way would I want this two faced f*cker playing at Saints

Can't blame Dawson for us being relegated - I blame the Dark Lord.

We were about to sign Dawson and his Forest colleague Andy Reid back in January 2005 but the two of them did a U turn and signed for Spuds. No need to say what effect them no signing had on the club.

No way would I want this two faced f*cker playing at Saints

Honestly. Why exactly is he a "two face f*cker? He obviously made the correct decision as far as his career goes. Would welcome Dawson with open arms. He would be an improvement to the squad.

South Agent on Twitter

Southampton set to sign Cody Cropper this week - American U-20 goalkeeper -

It was first put on twitter by Hugo Schneker (spelling) who, by the sounds of it, is an American student who spent a few weeks with the Academy this summer in some sort of role.

When we played Anderlecht he was the best player in the pitch, would walk into any PL team. He's a far better player than Schneiderlin in that DM role, however good a future Morgan might have. I'd be very surprised if Arsenal or ManU dont get him

Yeah, def can see some more exits. There are a few who won't get near the squad. Butterfield is another - we have Clyne, Richardson and also Stephens who can play RB.

De Ridder must also be on borrowed time - can't make the 7 man bench and thats before at least one new wide player comes in.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3691610/Tottenham-head-for-another-crisis-as-Michael-Dawson-considers-his-future.html

If this is true then surely Dawson should be on our radar (though in the scheme of things how ANY footballer is worth more than a few grand a week I'll never know).

He's proven, admired by his peers and apart from his injury last term has NOT spent long on the treatment table.

As for upsetting our other CB's if we paid him 40-50K, if they're good enough then surely they'll get rewarded appropriately.

As it is, he'll probably be blinded by some ridiculous package from QPR. Pity, IMO he could seriously have been our new killer