HCDAJFU - The transfer deadline countdown

saint_stevo

Yeah, def can see some more exits. There are a few who won't get near the squad. Butterfield is another - we have Clyne, Richardson and also Stephens who can play RB.

De Ridder must also be on borrowed time - can't make the 7 man bench and thats before at least one new wide player comes in.

Very odd to offer Butterfield a new contract last season after only playing about 3 times.

I like the Biglia link. While we would say we have enough central midfielders, if he's better than what we have, then that means he's Adkins type of signing. He's been at Anderlecht for 6 years, and I could see him fancying a new challenge, especially the lure of the Premier League. If he's reasonably priced, why not take a punt on him. Biglia, Cork, Morgan and Davis would be an awesome combo. I feel sorry for Hammond (in particular) and Chaplow (although he's versatile) but that's the price of success.

I can see this happening, although perhaps it won't be until January. (When we have more cash! Pending us spending a fair bit this window.)

I like the Biglia link. While we would say we have enough central midfielders, if he's better than what we have, then that means he's Adkins type of signing. He's been at Anderlecht for 6 years, and I could see him fancying a new challenge, especially the lure of the Premier League. If he's reasonably priced, why not take a punt on him. Biglia, Cork, Morgan and Davis would be an awesome combo. I feel sorry for Hammond (in particular) and Chaplow (although he's versatile) but that's the price of success.

I can see this happening, although perhaps it won't be until January. (When we have more cash! Pending us spending a fair bit this window.)

Agreed.

I love how people say we shouldn't sign Biglia because we've got Hammond & Chaplow.

Buttner signed for Manure. Just been confirmed on SSN.

Manchester United have confirmed the signing of Dutch left-back Alexander Buttner from Vitesse Arnhem on a five-year contract. We'll bring you more shortly.

by @skysportsbucko 2:32 PM

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Aug/alexander-buttner-signs-for-manchester-united.aspx

Edited by Saint Scott

Sir Alex Ferguson has boldly declared that Manchester United have signed "one of the best young left-backs in Europe" after completing a deal to take Alexander Buttner from Vitesse Arnhem.

Lets hope he turns out crap

I suppose that now, when Man U get Buttner on a five year deal, it is beyond the grasp of many to even consider that THEY scuppered Saints nailed on negotiations to get the self same player who ranted on about how much he wanted to join us.

Scullduggery ?? Yes IMHO, and one of the best illustrations that to get deals done, playing things straight is mainly a waste of time

I suppose that now, when Man U get Buttner on a five year deal, it is beyond the grasp of many to even consider that THEY scuppered Saints nailed on negotiations to get the self same player who ranted on about how much he wanted to join us.

Scullduggery ?? Yes IMHO, and one of the best illustrations that to get deals done, playing things straight is mainly a waste of time

But we will get somebody as good as. Or better. The right way. Eventually.

We identified him correctly as an up and coming left back and we sold him the club well. He started to mess us about with financial claims from Dad so we told him to sling his hook. It's nice to see these Northern clubs picking up on the crumbs that leave in our wake. If he's happy to settle for second best good luck to him :))

I was talking with a client of mine today who was just finishing up in a meeting with a client of his who turns out to be a scout at Man Utd. He does the opposition scouting prior to a game. And to nobodies surprise he said to me that the weakness of Saints is the lack of mobility of our Centre Half's. He was at the game on Sunday & said anyone with a modicum of football knowledge can see we are vulnerable to the ball in behind them. Also said that Clyne will be with us for a maximum of 2 seasons as he will be playing for a top 4 club!!

All this does for me is confirm that we need not one, but 2 centre half's if we want to progress.

Lets hope we can get at least one as soon as possible.

The Spurs defender we are interested in is apparently Danny Rose by the way.

dunno if anyone else has mentioned him if so nvm but other names i have heard are Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (how much to get that printed on the back of your shirt?) and Emmanuel Mayuka. yes i know both are fowards but they can play deeper as wide men.

Aubameyang was mentioned by the Star a couple of days ago, not seen Mayuka mentioned before, are these names you've heard from people at Saints?

SSN *breaking news* QPR make bid for Dawson in region of 5.5m

Just based on the weekend I'd be very surprised if about 15 clubs, including us, didn't take a run at him (assuming that there isn't a long term injury rumour out there). Frankly, I think AVB is off his rocker and could be gone by Christmas. Again.

Forget Dawson going to QPR. S-Clarke has just told me that nothing's been agreed and there's no way he'll go for £5m. I bow to his superior knowledge on these matters. He's obviously got some inside information to which nobody else has access!

What?

You posted as if he was ''set to sign''. When in fact he isn't.

QPR have made a bid which hasn't even been accepted.

therefore he isn't set to sign.

He may do at some point, but they've only made a bid at this stage.

Sky claim QPR have bid £5.5mil for Dawson. I know he's getting on a bit but still a very good player. I wish we were being linked with some quality CB's!

Local paper says thats wrong and its just £3m and hes only 28, hardly past it.