The Adam Lallana injury thread

jawillwill

Small scream = not serious injury, someone stepped on his toe

medium scream = minor injury, maybe out for a couple of days

large scream = pretty serious injury, out for a between 1-3 weeks

very large scream = really serious, won't see him again this season

Thought very large large scream was a penalty to Suarez and Liverpool

Players scream all the time now to grab the attention of the ref.

Had a feeling this was going to be a long-term serious one. I had a clos-ish view of it, and he was in so much pain. Basically his studs seemed to get caught, and all the weight of Tabb (I think?) went onto his leg. It was either going to be ankle, or knee ligaments - and it didn't look like a simple case of straining them either. Surprised he walked off if I'm honest.

After his scream, you could also see the reaction of the players (both ours, and Readings) calling for the physio to rush over. The worry was etched over most faces.

Edited by S-Clarke

Had a feeling this was going to be a long-term serious one. I had a clos-ish view of it, and he was in so much pain. Basically his studs seemed to get caught, and all the weight of Tabb (I think?) went onto his leg. It was either going to be ankle, or knee ligaments - and it didn't look like a simple case of straining them either. Surprised he walked off if I'm honest.

After his scream, you could also see the reaction of the players (both ours, and Readings) calling for the physio to rush over. The worry was etched over most faces.

Yeah the best would be some kind of ligament strain - 6 weeks out. Worst could be the season which would be terrible for us.

Looking on the bright side...lays to rest any outside chance of him being lured away in the transfer window...probably...

Don't think there is much of a brightside as Lallana will have never moved on in January.

However, we have some quality cover waiting to come in should he be out for the long term:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRABj2w3WENext3tH-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3H9mBiJQMUHCGsRFj4QaZ7T4vRGrPvywU7dAu1Kro4FnIqJ

?type=articleLandscape

We have no cover for that position at all. Whats Iago Falque up to these days? HCDAJFU.

Yeah - if Ramirez has to play out there we totally lose the fluid attacking shape we have had when he has played off Lambert.

Probably the best solution (although many wouldn't like it) is Guly in the LM role with Ramirez off Lambert.

Yeah - if Ramirez has to play out there we totally lose the fluid attacking shape we have had when he has played off Lambert.

Probably the best solution (although many wouldn't like it) is Guly in the LM role with Ramirez off Lambert.

Yep, it is probably the best we have unless we can do better in Jan. Ultimately, the benefit of Guly is that he could interchange with Ramirez during a game fairly seamlessly.

It's still funny that people jumped to the conclusion that SDR would be quality for us after seeing a YouTube video and a 45 minute appearance in a friendly against WBA.

League One standard.

They continued this notion during the early games of last season, even when it soon became apparant the only thing he had in his locker was pace. The same thing is happening with Tanadari Lee, we've been told many times on here what a great player he is and he's going to have a massive impact, based on seeing him play against Derby and Barnsley last season.

Or move Puncheon to the left (as he is left footed) and put Gaston on the right and play Rickie behind J-Rod.

Or move Puncheon to the left (as he is left footed) and put Gaston on the right and play Rickie behind J-Rod.

But then you lose a lot of Puncheons strengths, which is cutting in side from the right and getting into the box. Even though he is left footed, when he's played there, he often wanders down blind alleys and doesn't' find it as natrual to cut inside. I think we'd be reducing his quality by doing that.

But then you lose a lot of Puncheons strengths, which is cutting in side from the right and getting into the box. Even though he is left footed, when he's played there, he often wanders down blind alleys and doesn't' find it as natrual to cut inside. I think we'd be reducing his quality by doing that.

he does tend to get a bit predictable with that and found out though. his last goal was taken with his right foot. maybe he could pull off that shot more from the other side

Who's that albino muther f*cker smirking or whoever was talking bout yesterday? I had to look him up, he looked like the blonde caddie from Happy Gilmore. We should get him.

Was about to put that on this thread, though Im not Albino bearsy.

Will Hughes, Derby player, to me looks like a young Lallsna but with arguably more talent. Again though he is only 17, do you really want to rely on a 17 yr old ?

Depends if Adam is 1 month or 6 months serious.

Ince is a possibility, Zaha (prob to top 4 side) or abroad

I've not seen a lot of Ben Reeves but I'm thinking he'd also make a good replacement for Lallana on the left? (Yes, I know that would make the average age of our left flank about 14 but....)

the less I see of Reeves the better I like it TBH. Guly will suffice or Punch will switch sides allowing Guly to go right but I do like the Punch/Clyne pairing so best leave it as it stands.

I've not seen a lot of Ben Reeves but I'm thinking he'd also make a good replacement for Lallana on the left? (Yes, I know that would make the average age of our left flank about 14 but....)

average age 14

average height 5ft 2

average hair colour -blonde