The Adam Lallana injury thread

jawillwill

Out of interest; in your bizarre effort to get Lallana dropped, who were you proposing should replace him?

It wasn't bizarre at all at the time he was playing poorly! And I wasn't the only one (not that it matters to me) - there was a very long thread on it - don't have the time to look through it, or have endless arguments for the sake of it as some seem to on here. However this is a formum for opinions, and I have mine - just live with it - I am not asking you or anyone else to agree with it. I can respect views I don't agree with - and guess what, I am human and so prone to being wrong at times.

As to who my replacement for AL would be, I suggest you re-read my original post - there might just be a subtle clue for you there!

It wasn't bizarre at all at the time he was playing poorly! And I wasn't the only one (not that it matters to me) - there was a very long thread on it - don't have the time to look through it, or have endless arguments for the sake of it as some seem to on here. However this is a formum for opinions, and I have mine - just live with it - I am not asking you or anyone else to agree with it. I can respect views I don't agree with - and guess what, I am human and so prone to being wrong at times.

As to who my replacement for AL would be, I suggest you re-read my original post - there might just be a subtle clue for you there!

So you got it wrong. At least you made a bold statement and added to the entertainment. The worst type of posters are those 'pale little snipers' who say **** all, contribute nothing to the debate and then delight in reminding people how wrong they are !

Not saying that Kraken is one, because he just knows it all in this instance.

I expect Jonno Quick will slot in Davie. Is that to your liking? Im not convinced myself but a player I spoke to said he is often UNPLAYABLE in training. Hard to believe.

I'd be more concerned that he was unplayable in a proper Prem. game but I don't see that happening.........His (perhaps) single most-important contribution to SFC 's history was his 2 goal sub. appearance in the now legendary 3-2 win over MK Dons in L1....for that I am grateful - because without it, we might not have got promotion that season...

....but other that that....I don't see him in a Saints first team shirt ever again .....who knows ?.

So you got it wrong. At least you made a bold statement and added to the entertainment. The worst type of posters are those 'pale little snipers' who say **** all, contribute nothing to the debate and then delight in reminding people how wrong they are !

Not saying that Kraken is one, because he just knows it all in this instance.

Thank you Dalek. This game is all about opinions, which is the beauty of it for me. How dull it would be if we all had the same view or worse if it all panned out as the so called pundits predicted – we would already be in Championship by now 

I still maintain AL was poor until recently, and only suggested him being dropped for a game or two, or relieving him of the burden of captaincy to improve his form, fortunately as I said I was wrong and he really kicked on and has been on fire the last month and will naturally be missed. My point was not to diss AL, but merely to illustrate that we coped with an out of form AL in early season, so why can’t we cope without him for a few games now? Of course I want the inform AL to continue playing, but sadly he cannot.

BTW Dalek, I am more of an observer rather than a poster, but I do view your posts with interest – don’t agree with all, but I do think you have a point with a missed opportunity with the return of Glen , although not now as I am fully behind NA.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Hearing whispers that Lallana's injury not as bad as first feared. Still no official news from #SaintsFC. Will know for sure on Thursday.

I wouldn't trust this. He is a clueless journalist who doesnt know what he is on about.

Exactly. What would a Mirror journalist know about the internal workings of Southampton Football Club anyway? Laughable.

Well it's his job to find things out, what beeing a journalist and all. You also make out like we are the Gestapo, it's just a football club with normal people working in it, who you know talk about things.

Clearly Lallana, a footballer who can't train due to an injury has not breathed a word of the said injury to anyone. :rolleyes:

It's a rumour, just like all the others that have been posted on this thread, might be some truth in it, might not be.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by The Kraken viewpost-right.png

Out of interest; in your bizarre effort to get Lallana dropped, who were you proposing should replace him?

There was a time where I would have dropped / subbed RL, AL, JP or JR just to get to see what Mayuka had to offer. But we are in a far better place now. So far along, I can't believe all the coaching staff to have missed something so obvious.

Simon Peach is not a Mirror journo. He is a Press Association journalist covering London and the south coast. He has great ties with the club and I'd trust his information infinitely more than anyone on here. Apart from VMan.

And seeing as VMAN said AL's injury is very bad but not season threatening I would take that as the clearest indication we have so far.

What would a Mirror journalist know about the internal workings of Southampton Football Club anyway? Laughable.

He isn't a Mirror journalist, he is a Saints supporting Press Association journalist that goes to all of our pre match press conferences, lots of games and friendly with the media team at Saints. If there is anyone in the media you should trust about Saints news, it is Simon Peach.

He isn't a Mirror journalist, he is a Saints supporting Press Association journalist that goes to all of our pre match press conferences, lots of games and friendly with the media team at Saints. If there is anyone in the media you should trust about Saints news, it is Simon Peach.

Yes he is trsutworthy - but also he just reports what Saints tell him. When they are quiet he is quiet because NA and the media team are his source. Therefore he pretty much reports what the club want, ie what they tell him. When he "understands" something about Saints it is because Saints have told him, likewise Solent.

The only journalist that seems to know about transfer targets etc is Nixon because he gets stuff from agents etc rather than just Saints.

Well first off MLG, I was thinking of Nicko at the Mirror, so that's my bad. But second, I wasn't being serious either. I guess your irony-detecter was playing up again. Peach and Nixon have both been extremely accurate in terms of all things Saints in the last summer.

He seems alright to me but my point was just that he cant guarantee that on Thursday whoever speaks to the press will speak or having anything to say about Lallana. Also it is pretty annoying when he tweets his stories, beginning, for example, 'We should have scored more' Nigel Adkins tells ME', when the quotes aren't exclusive and were told to a whole pack

He seems alright to me but my point was just that he cant guarantee that on Thursday whoever speaks to the press will speak or having anything to say about Lallana. Also it is pretty annoying when he tweets his stories, beginning, for example, 'We should have scored more' Nigel Adkins tells ME', when the quotes aren't exclusive and were told to a whole pack

Thats what I mean - if NA doesn't say anything about a timescale for AL then Simon Peach or Solent won't know. They will report what they are told - if NA doesn't say a timeline then they have no other sources to find one out. That is why I am wary of anything you hear from Journalists following SFC - they get the knowledge that gets put on Saints Player a few hours before because they are in the Press Conf - but that aside, it doesn't seem they dig out any other information - or if they do they don't/won't/can't report it (in which case it isn't very useful).

On the whole pack thing - everyone does this now. "I understand" etc when actually its "I have been told" or "Sky are reporting"...

There is no Journalist following SFC that gets good exclusives because the club are (perhaps rightly) so tight, and there is no longstanding relationship between a particular journalist and the club which has allowed said Journo to develop unofficial sources.

Again - this not against any individuals, just more about the press as a whole - especially since the advent of twitter.

You see it's funny. Here Simon Peach was described by somemany a s*it stirring bore. a talentless, opprtunist hack and many many other things.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?40632-Le-Tissier-quot-Cortese-is-not-a-nice-human-being-quot&highlight=Simon+Peach

Yet on this thread now we have a bit of positve news from him, he is to be trusted and a good relaible source.

Which is it to be TSW?

You see it's funny. Here Simon Peach was described by somemany a s*it stirring bore. a talentless, opprtunist hack and many many other things.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?40632-Le-Tissier-quot-Cortese-is-not-a-nice-human-being-quot&highlight=Simon+Peach

Yet on this thread now we have a bit of positve news from him, he is to be trusted and a good relaible source.

Which is it to be TSW?

Could you explain the word 'somemany' for the benefit of the confused?

Simon Peach works for the Press Association, so as such engages in less tittle-tattle and fabrication of stories that aren't there.

He speculates and discusses as he is a Saints fan and so likes to do so from time to time, but he doesn't make a report if there is no truth behind it.

So no, he doesn't chuck names around like mad - but when he reports something, it is pretty damn reliable.

We really have short memories on here! Only a month ago, a lot of people (including myself) said AL was very poor so far this year (and he was), and that he should be dropped for a while to see if he could sort himself and his form out. Admittedly he has been playing really well of late, and will be missed and of course no one wants to lose any player through injury, however, on the performance of all bar the last month, not sure he will be quite the unmitigated disaster that some would like us to believe!

Who knows, it might even give someone else a chance to prove themselves – TL??

Anyway, get well soon AL!

He's had a great season so far. I never even thought about the possibility of dropping him.

We know he will be out for weeks. Just dont know how many.

Unless of course Solent are part of the propaganda in covering up the extent of Lallana's injury. Although if he does make a swift recovery it doesnt exactly give them much credibility for being ITK when it comes to Saints lol

I wonder if the thevman's post on build up thread is anything to do with lallana? Would make sense as he wouldnt want to give the game away by posting smiley face on this thread although that would suggest he is ok for saturday which would mean a miraculous recovery so not sure myself.