The Adam Lallana injury thread

jawillwill

Well that's a f*cking disaster.

It's brilliant that the club don't tell the fans the extent of the injury though krackers. Much better to have to rely on information leaked on the mongboard otherwise, whoever we are playing in 10 weeks time might be thinking of changing tactics or whatever!

It's brilliant that the club don't tell the fans the extent of the injury though krackers. Much better to have to rely on information leaked on the mongboard otherwise, whoever we are playing in 10 weeks time might be thinking of changing tactics or whatever!

Indeed, its a masterstroke to keep that quiet. Besides, I'm sure the fans aren't even interested in the injury situation of the first team capatain.

I think Adkins needs to man up a bit.

If AL is out for a couple of months so what.

This secret squirrel stuff is pathetic.

Sorry, this post is bound to upset the likes of NickG who will not allow criticism of our hallowed club but we are taking ourselves far to seriously on this issue. He's injured, come clean and let's deal with it.

If Adam is out for an extended period, then bringing in cover will be costly. January is always a seller's market and therefore advertising such information is not commercially sensible, it will just push transfer prices up. Therefore, best to keep such information confidential until cover is sorted.

So just to summarise we've had everything from might be on the bench today to had an operation and out for 10 weeks. My guess is he won't be on the bench today and won't be out for 10 weeks.

Exactly, back around the Chelski game I was told unless he's had a big slip at home holding his baba.

Just to add to what has already been said… I was sat very close to the boxes where the players and WAGs were sitting. He told the small group that formed around him at half time that he would be “out for a while”. Was walking with a heavy limp and looked like his knee was strapped up.

If he is then out for that long the club silence is even more baffling. Adkins will be asked every week about him til then and it all just seems quite negative. Injuries happen, nobodies fault.

You're not thinking laterally again Charlie. Now if we tell everybody Lallana is out until late February then agents and clubs will know we need to buy a replacement and will hold us over a barrel on the fees and wages. I'm sure that's the way Cortese thinks.

Weird how Adams family are supposedly respecting the clubs wishes not to say anything yet Adam is strolling around telling anyone who asks how long he's out for whilst on route to the toilet.

Its just people posturing I believe, there were a few bits off info from the training ground coming out at the beginning of his assesment, then there seemed to be a lockdown, you are going to get info coming out though, people around him know, the players probably know.

I applaude the clubs effort to keep it schtum from some siort of strategical point of view ? But in reality if the media start digging itll come out.

You're not thinking laterally again Charlie. Now if we tell everybody Lallana is out until late February then agents and clubs will know we need to buy a replacement and will hold us over a barrel on the fees and wages. I'm sure that's the way Cortese thinks.

I think its pretty obvious to anyone in football who bothers to check that AL is out for a bit. An insult to intelligence of others to think you can hoodwink them.

Also not sure that one medium term injury would alter our transfer plans, seems very knee jerk to purchase a player based on a two month injury. If we were going to get a wideman we still will, if we werent then we wont IMO.

We have targets I hope, and a Prem squad should have enough to cover for one injury otherwise its a sorry state of affairs.

I think its pretty obvious to anyone in football who bothers to check that AL is out for a bit. An insult to intelligence of others to think you can hoodwink them.

Also not sure that one medium term injury would alter our transfer plans, seems very knee jerk to purchase a player based on a two month injury. If we were going to get a wideman we still will, if we werent then we wont IMO.

We have targets I hope, and a Prem squad should have enough to cover for one injury otherwise its a sorry state of affairs.

To be fair Window Cleaner could be right about not alerting other clubs as this may up asking prices even though the silence is frustrating for fans. We definitely need cover/competition in attacking midfield role as the lack of creativity and pace on saturday was plain to see. We are one dimensional due to our lack of pace so when the opposition stifle our game plan we have no answers.

I think everybody should just let it go and go and enjoy their christmas,he`ll be back when fit and no sooner.

Yeah, that'd be nice - but don't surprised if someone from the mongboard sneaks in the toilet after Adam and tries to collect stool samples or something. They simply MUST know the goss...

I think everybody should just let it go and go and enjoy their christmas,he`ll be back when fit and no sooner.

Too true. Never had this endless discussion malarky back in the days of Charlie George.

Merry Christmas THEVMAN and thanks for all the hints.

Meanwqhile, some footballers will do anything to be able to be out and about clubbing at New Year

Good on them. My Dad asked a member of the coaching staff that he knows at the game today and he also refused to say anything.[/QUOTE]

OF COURSE ! ...and this is the most sensible response.

Should we really let other Prem. sides know how long one of our best players will be unavailable, and help them plan their tactics?.

It's clear that Sunderland knew Adam wouldn't play....Martin O'Neill (a good tactician) knew he didn't have to worry about Lallana and double-marked Lambert instead and also snuffed out the Puncheon threat.

No-one is sure just how long AL will be out, and there's no point in telling the opposition your tactics in advance.. is there?.

Maybe he will be out a lot longer? .....in which case NA will probably use a plan B... especially in away games...because it's clear there isn't ANOTHER Lallana in the club.

I really cannot see why some fans think they are ENTITLED to know what and when. Of course we are all concerned, but our opinions are hardly likely to affect team selection - are they ?

My long term guess is that Lallana will be re-introduced into the side when we least expect it, and there shouldn't be fanfares of trumpets to herald that day, and alert our opponents.

Letting the " enemy " know your strategy is not the way to win a war, (or a football match)... and if I (re)-paraphrase a famous WW2 warning ...CARELESS TALK COST....POINTS !

Anyone any idea when he will be back cos we desperately need 2 wingers, not just the 1 in Puncheon we have at the moment.

Well, if you go with the club...he's just out for the next game....until the next game, and he's out again for that one. Seems a really odd way of hiding the injury, because I think to most of us it's pretty obvious that he's out for a good few months at least, so why do we just have to hide it away? Weird. I guess we can use it to our advantage, slightly, but I'm sure the scouts within other clubs would be pretty aware of our ''real'' injury situation.

But yeah, we need more in the wide areas - we did anyway, but we now do as pretty big priority in my eyes.

Anyone any idea when he will be back cos we desperately need 2 wingers, not just the 1 in Puncheon we have at the moment.

I am not one for normally posting inside info, because I never really have any. However in this case a member of my family knows a member of his family , my family member was told mid Feb. I can't post any more because it involves someones job, but I believe them.

• 2 weeks later...