The Adam Lallana injury thread

jawillwill

Technically he is...but I see your point. I think we'll have to look at Guly in my opinion, he's nowhere near as bad as some people think he is.

Yeah Guly is the best option that we have currently, as it would allow Ramirez to play in the middle. However, we could always play how we did when AL went off with Ramirez wide.

There are a few options but he is massive loss no matter what. Huge blow.

All this talk about Chaplow etc is daft.

It will be the 2nd half team from sat I should imagine

If AL is out for the season. Would be amazed if we didn't at least get someone in on loan

Trouble is, to replace lallana is very difficult... Joe cole is as near as I can think of right now. He won't be coming here

Unless Ramirez makes it his own this year

Which reliable voices has this come from?

Just a couple of people I speak to who have their ears close to the ground. They may be wrong, but they've been pretty reliable on most of the stuff they've told me in the past.

I hope to god they're wrong on this one though.

All this talk about Chaplow etc is daft.

It will be the 2nd half team from sat I should imagine

If AL is out for the season. Would be amazed if we didn't at least get someone in on loan

Trouble is, to replace lallana is very difficult... Joe cole is as near as I can think of right now. He won't be coming here

Unless Ramirez makes it his own this year

Probably right on the 2nd half team. I'd potentially stick Davis in there, keep Gaston out on the left and put Davis in an AMC role.

Those comments were made before he had any sort of scan or check, it was straight after the match IIRC. Typical positive NA comments! I doubt we'll ever get official word from the club as to when he'll be back, NA will just be asked every week to which he'll reply ''Who knows?''

Those comments were made before he had any sort of scan or check, it was straight after the match IIRC. Typical positive NA comments! I doubt we'll ever get official word from the club as to when he'll be back, NA will just be asked every week to which he'll reply ''Who knows?''

^This :)

Why the conjecture over who will replace AL before the transfer window opens? Is it not obvious that the forward four will be Rickie, Gaston, Rodrigues and Punch? The only question for me is whether Rodrigues plays wide left or Gaston. Personally I liked the way we looked on Saturday with Gaston on the left.

If true, this is really bad news for us. Team captain, heavily involved in much of our offensive play and getting much better at protecting his fullback. I can only hope the rumours are wrong.

If true, do we draft in Rodrigues, Lee, Mayuka, Fox, Guly?

Puncheon is left footed, move him over to the left side and bring in Guly or Chaplow on the right. Don't understand how people can say Chaplow is not a prem player, he hasn't exactly had a chance to prove himself this season, he was outstanding last year, and not to mention he actually has more prem experience than 90% of our current squad!

Puncheon is left footed, move him over to the left side and bring in Guly or Chaplow on the right. Don't understand how people can say Chaplow is not a prem player, he hasn't exactly had a chance to prove himself this season, he was outstanding last year, and not to mention he actually has more prem experience than 90% of our current squad!

5 games (4 starts) for WBA and 2 sub appearances for Saints. Many of our players now have 15 or 16 PL starts even those who have never played in the PL before. So i think he probably has less PL experience than more than 50% of our squad. He was quite good last year in the Championship (I certainly would argue about him being outstanding) but that means diddly squat in the PL. Judging by how often he has been selected those who know don't rate him as a PL player. Goo honest hard-working player but the step up has probably been a step too far at least as a regular, reasonably good back up for odd games here and there perhaps.

Well, Adam wasn't with the rest of the squad today....no surprises there I guess.....no sign of Rickie or Ramirez either..... :suspicious:

A92Jbq2CIAA1FiV.jpg:large

So actually, Adam was the member of the squad who didn't go to hospital! Ironic.

Mind you, it looks as if several of those players have been photoshopped anywayl Look at Jos for example on the left. The whole thing's a plot I tell you ;)

So actually, Adam was the member of the squad who didn't go to hospital! Ironic.

Mind you, it looks as if several of those players have been photoshopped anywayl Look at Jos for example on the left. The whole thing's a plot I tell you ;)

No Lambert, Shaw or Yoshida either. Puncheon loves his Stone Island hat!

Stop bedwetting, or I'll pull this thread up again when we beat Stoke and celebrate our survival in may.

Silence is deafening on AL to be honest.

Really not sure what people are expecting. Saints never put out information on injuries these days. The first we will probably know is when the team sheet is announced for the Sunderland game. Even then we will only know that he is (or is not) playing, and if he is not we will have no idea how long he will be out for. Information on Jack Cork's or Frazer Richardson's or even Paolo Gazzanigga's injuries was somewhat vague or non-existent, for AL it would be an even more closely guarded secret.