The Adam Lallana injury thread

jawillwill

Unless of course Solent are part of the propaganda in covering up the extent of Lallana's injury. Although if he does make a swift recovery it doesnt exactly give them much credibility for being ITK when it comes to Saints lol

I wonder if the thevman's post on build up thread is anything to do with lallana? Would make sense as he wouldnt want to give the game away by posting smiley face on this thread although that would suggest he is ok for saturday which would mean a miraculous recovery so not sure myself.

Pilchards also mentioned that 'Lallana is back' on the build up thread.

Not getting my hopes up though as I can't see it.

I wonder if the thevman's post on build up thread is anything to do with lallana? Would make sense as he wouldnt want to give the game away by posting smiley face on this thread although that would suggest he is ok for saturday

It was the 'proud' emoticon rather than the 'smiley' emoticon mode>

Pilchards also mentioned that 'Lallana is back' on the build up thread.

Not getting my hopes up though as I can't see it.

Personally think that Pilchards was chancing off the back of the innocuous smiley thing the VMAN posted.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong though!

Personally think that Pilchards was chancing off the back of the innocuous smiley thing the VMAN posted.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong though!

Unpeturbed myself, wouldn't mind seeing us try something different anyway. Reading 2nd half formation will do for me, if T Lee got 20 minutes at the end that would be interesting as well.

Presser Bingo:

Which of these will come up:

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says the squad have trained well ahead of the visit of Sunderland this weekend

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins confirms Adam Lallana will be absent for a "period of time"

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins suggest Jonthan Forte has got a future at the club

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins praises the form of Steve de Ridder ahead of the Sunderland clash

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says the squad is revitalised after a two week break ahead of the Sunderland clash

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says that consistency is the key ahead of a busy Christmas period

The same Pilchards who said we was signing Michu for £5m back in the summer. Take with a pinch of salt me thinks.

Yes good point, we needed a top signing and Michu was that person we needed until a certain Swansea manager came along and killed our interest as he wanted to play for him.

That's only what I was told on why we never got him in the end.

Presser Bingo:

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says the squad have trained well ahead of the visit of Sunderland this weekend

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins confirms Adam Lallana will be absent for a "period of time"

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins suggest Jonthan Forte has got a future at the club

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins praises the form of Steve de Ridder ahead of the Sunderland clash

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says the squad is revitalised after a two week break ahead of the Sunderland clash

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says that consistency is the key ahead of a busy Christmas period

I will go for - @officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says that consistency is the key ahead of a busy Christmas period

and - @officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says the squad is revitalised after a two week break ahead of the Sunderland clash

and - @officialsaints: Nigel Adkins says the squad have trained well ahead of the visit of Sunderland this weekend

Presser Bingo:

This would be great to hear.

Silence is deafening. IMO the club need to comment on Jonno's future, whether he is injured or has been offered a new deal.

Simon Peach will probably ask NA.

Don't necessarily blame the club though mate. Jonno and his agent will also be fully aware of interest from all over Europe so perhaps his head had been turned?

I think Adkins needs to man up a bit.

If AL is out for a couple of months so what.

This secret squirrel stuff is pathetic.

Sorry, this post is bound to upset the likes of NickG who will not allow criticism of our hallowed club but we are taking ourselves far to seriously on this issue. He's injured, come clean and let's deal with it.

Sorry, this post is bound to upset the likes of NickG who will not allow criticism of our hallowed club but we are taking ourselves far to seriously on this issue. He's injured, come clean and let's deal with it.

Sorry, Totally disagree.

Keep your cards close to your chest, it will put the opposition on the back foot when he returns. Frustrating for the fans but utterly sensible when it comes to competition. Maintain the poker face.

I agree with Duncan, all this secret stuff is utter boll.ocks.

Anything, anything at all that gives us any advantage, no matter how small should be used.

These are the principles that helped Bradley Wiggins to win the Tour de France. Take many little things that help and add them together. Anything which can leave an element of doubt or lack of clarity to our opponents will only be of benefit.

Anything, anything at all that gives us any advantage, no matter how small should be used.

These are the principles that helped Bradley Wiggins to win the Tour de France. Take many little things that help and add them together. Anything which can leave an element of doubt or lack of clarity to our opponents will only be of benefit.

Indeed. Or, as I like to cal it.... Common sense...

I don't think it's a big deal that they keep it close to their chest, as fans we kind of know he's out for a while - so if he's back any sooner than that it's a bonus to all.

So let's just treat it as the fact he's out for a few months, and be surprised at anything less.

Do you really think other clubs/players don't know how long he's out for?

Do you really think they won't know when he's back in training?

Do you really think other clubs/players don't know how long he's out for?

Do you really think they won't know when he's back in training?

At least they will have to go to the effort of finding out, better then Nigel saying it and saving them the time, effort, resource, etc.

I said to Simon Peach on twitter that he's probably out a month or 2 so can hardly expect the club to confirm it and give the oppo the heads up.

He replied with saying...I'm wrong and it will be a lot sooner than that.

I think Cork's off the cuff remark in his press conference was the biggest giveaway (in a read between the lines sense).

He suggested Lallana was feasibly able to play at the weekend but that he hadn't started training again yet.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Lallana is a surprise name on the bench on Saturday or in the starting line up vs Fulham next week.

I think Cork's off the cuff remark in his press conference was the biggest giveaway (in a read between the lines sense).

He suggested Lallana was feasibly able to play at the weekend but that he hadn't started training again yet.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Lallana is a surprise name on the bench on Saturday or in the starting line up vs Fulham next week.

Adkins did say that he was definitely out for saturday, and whilst he might play things close to his chest I don't think for a second he'd outright lie.

I can understand Nigel doing this strategy last season and when we were in League one because Lallana was always one of the best players in those divisions. Now, it doesn't really matter to the opposition because they are better players and you can't really imagine the likes of Sir Alex and Wenger being kept up all night wondering whether Lallana will play or not.

In the end I suppose it just gets everyone very frustrated.

I can understand Nigel doing this strategy last season and when we were in League one because Lallana was always one of the best players in those divisions. Now, it doesn't really matter to the opposition because they are better players and you can't really imagine the likes of Sir Alex and Wenger being kept up all night wondering whether Lallana will play or not.

He is however key to many parts of how we play and one of our best players. It will effect how they set up tactically.

Yep! Especially as most clubs have never heard of Lallana and couldn't give a stuff whether he's on the pitch or not. Hardly a guy who gives the oppos sleepless nights is he?

Adam Lallana is a lot better than people give him credit for, and he's just getting around to proving that now.

He'd fit in quite nicely in any top 4 team....

Completely agree. Very few creative players around these days. He is not the finsihed article , but he will still improve. If he was more of a natural finisher he would be worth huge amounts.

Sorry mate, can't agree at all. It is our business and down to everyone else to seocnd guess.

We started the season with the opposition briefed to keep Lambert and Lallana quiet. At a guess I would imagine you can add Rameriz and Puncheon

to that now. We are still small fry. With one of our big guns missing or not missing this will change the oppositions tactics significantly.

If there is any advange to gain by making them second guess............... Then bring it on.

Geoffrey Boycott always says that in sport you should do what the opposition least want you to do when making decisions. What would Martin O Neil prefer, to know that Adam definitely won't play or to be left wondering whether he'll make the line up, same with jol on boxing day. I've no doubt they would rather know than not know. In the modern game sides are coached and coached to death, maybe too much so, but sides will definitely make plans around defending and whether Adam plays will make a difference.

It may only make a tiny difference, but tiny differences can make a huge impact. After the 6-1 Manchester derby Ferguson said that Utd should have shut up shop at 3-1 down, took the 3-1 defeat and moved on , instead of chasing the game. A small detail, but they lost the league on goal difference. Any advantage however slight can add up, surely knowing a sides captain and one of it's stars is out, is a slight advantage,from having to guess.

It doesn't get anyone with the slightest interest in the club doing well at all frustrated. As has been pointed out on here amny many times it really does not serve any conceivable positive purpose to give out details of who or who isn't playing in a game in advance - such is the minute way teams plan these days. When Lallana runs out at Fulham or even tomorrow it won't be a deal breaker but it will be a challenge to whatever plans they have made. Anyway seeing exactly who is in the team just before the match begins is one of the great things about live games and long may it be so.

Ferguson was quoted in a recent study that he looks at the three (most effective) players in the opposition, and also studies the opposition set pieces. This forms part of his pre-match preparation with the players then after that he concentrates on the strengths of his own side.

I think you have hold of the wrong end of the stick here. I do agree that Adkins will give a nod to anyone that alludes to this as being tactical, but it's just his way of dealing with things in the most efficient manner. I don't believe Lallana will come back into his horizon until he has been told he may be available for selection. His mind is just going to be focused over matters he can influence and the stream of questions relating to any players fitness just gets minimal, allowing him to get on with his job.

It's been clearly shown over time that the questions relating to injuries become less and less with this approach whereas the poor sod who tries to be helpful gets drawn into a vortex of questions that is never ending. Usually transcending into another form after the player has been out for so long, all for what?