The Adam Lallana injury thread

jawillwill

I'm aware that is who Nigel will go with. I'm just putting out another option. One that doesn't have Gaston out wide or a CF playing wide.

Opinions and all that.

Lallana doesn't play wide, every time I see him he's down the inside left channel; In fact I think if you study the videos Rickie is often a lot wider than Adam. Really can't see any reason to change the system we used from 40 minutes onwards on Saturday.

Good idea, replace left sided midfielder with right sided striker who shows nothing playing for the u21s and is off to the African cup in the New Year.

Where did I say play him on the left ? Playing for the u21s and not looking good enough, think there was a similar debate on a certain Luke Shaw, how did he turn out ?

And yes I know he will be off to African Nations Cup in January, but isn't that when the transfer window opens ?

Edited by slickmick

Lallana doesn't play wide, every time I see him he's down the inside left channel; In fact I think if you study the videos Rickie is often a lot wider than Adam. Really can't see any reason to change the system we used from 40 minutes onwards on Saturday.

That's a valid point. It will be interesting to see what NA decides to do.

Ince or Phillips for me in january now more important then ever. Both can play on either wing or cut inside like punch and lallana both do. Personal preference is phillips but wouldn't be dissapointed if we got ince! Of course there are always going to be options abroad and I wont be surprised to see our recruitment special advisory board (or whatever they're called!) find somebody we know little about from a foreign league. Maybe Anders fancies one last season back in the prem? ;)

1307359167-jonathan-forte.jpg

There is man that we currently have on our books, a man that can fill the void, a man that has lightening pace and incredible strength. Step forward Jonno Quick, it's your time again........

Just a very minor point but I don't think he is registered in our PL squad. So playing him would be a disaster as we would face a points deduction. Not to mention doing a Burley and playing a striker in a MF role. I can think of at least one more reason not to play him but I think that will do for now.

Just a very minor point but I don't think he is registered in our PL squad. So playing him would be a disaster as we would face a points deduction. Not to mention doing a Burley and playing a striker in a MF role. I can think of at least one more reason not to play him but I think that will do for now.

Every team has a place in their squad for Jonno Quick. To suggest we would be docked points for playing him is beyond the pale and IMO deserves a ban, or infractions as a minimum.

Luckily we can amend out squad in only 22 days time. Jonno quick can play in a number of positions. With his pace he can whizz up and down that left flank. :D

Luckily we can amend out squad in only 22 days time. Jonno quick can play in a number of positions. With his pace he can whizz up and down that left flank. :D

Great idea, playing with 10 men often galvanises teams into playing better, playing with Forte would be like playing with 10 men plus a statue :) One of those signings that I really will never understand.

What about Lee, our forgotton man? If I remember rightly is he not also able to operate on the left side of our 3 attacking midfielders?

Mayuka is definitely right sided or an outright striker, so my guess is that it would be Guly, Lee or Ramirez. I personally would prefer Ramirez to stay in his central attacking role and see how Guly or Lee get on.

What about Lee, our forgotton man? If I remember rightly is he not also able to operate on the left side of our 3 attacking midfielders?

Mayuka is definitely right sided or an outright striker, so my guess is that it would be Guly, Lee or Ramirez. I personally would prefer Ramirez to stay in his central attacking role and see how Guly or Lee get on.

The forum has spoken. Lee is the new Guly. So that won't happen......

The forum has spoken. Lee is the new Guly. So that won't happen......
Not really the same is it? Everyone that has seen Lee's last few appearances for the club have been unanimous in their assessment of his performances not being good enough and I think we can be pretty sure Adkins will think the same.