"Saints considering Mauricio Pochettino" - Daily Mirror

trousers

I have been very critical about Adkins earlier this season

But he has improved 100% from the manager that seemed totally out of his depth.

He may well not be here in 2 years time but to change manager for this nobody would seal our relegation.

I would forever be against NC if he did this now.

If this was to happen, mass protests need to be sorted for Monday night. Let's just pray the media have got this one wrong though. Would be complete and utter madness if we were to change managers now!

And the fact that Adkins alledged replacement can't even speak any English FFS and has only managed at a club we was player at for 10 years. Complete and utter joke if true.

on the positve side at least it means we can have a minutes clapping during games like all other clubs. Can i be the first to suggest 2 mins for the number of promotions he got us.

The concourse lovers would miss it. Maybe we can use his win %?

I hope there is no truth to this because it would be total madness.

If you are thinking about it Nicola don't do it.

At the moment you have a lot of good will amongst the fan base but that will evaporate if you get rid of a manager that has been one of the freshest breaths of air we've ever had a this club.

DON'T DO IT.

Having Googled this Crook bloke, he had connections with a Portsmouth Radio station, so is probably a Skate on a wind-up.

Anyway, as with all of these rumours about the club, I'll only believe them when they happen. It is pointless giving them any credence when so many times they have proved to be utterly groundless.

Mind you, groundless is something that is far more appropriate to the Skates future prospects.

probably Les. A proffesional journalist would use a national newspaper to run a story which is a complete lie and made up to wind up a few helmets on a internet forum of a club 99% of people outside of Hampshire couldn't give a toss about. It makes perfect sense.

Edited by Turkish

That Alex Crook is just another journalist (and there are many of them these days) that reads twitter and never have any own storys to come up with......

Or is it Coutinhos fault?

He played at Espanyol last year, maybe he demands that Pocchetino has to get here, otherwise he won´t sign..... ;)

Agree with Charlie.

Makes no sense straight after our best performance of the season, and on our league run.

But then NC got rid of Pardew after the Rovers win.

To be fair alps, there was probably a hell of a lot more than football involved in the Pardew sacking.

I have been very critical about Adkins earlier this season

But he has improved 100% from the manager that seemed totally out of his depth.

He may well not be here in 2 years time but to change manager for this nobody would seal our relegation.

I would forever be against NC if he did this now.

Exactly this.

I'm ashamed to say I probably would have sacked him by now because we were going nowhere with him.

To his credit, he has turned it around and you can tell just by looking at him on the box, he's a totally different character

to the one clinging onto his job a few months ago.

Come on NC you've played it right so far, don't **** it up now.

Whenever something good happens at the club there, it is always followed by some negative cr@p like this. For example. We start moving up the League 1 table and there were rumours that Cortese was leaving going to Italy. Then we start brightly in the championship last year and suddenly there are rumours the Liebherr family want to sell the club. Now results and the team are massively improved and there is a rumour the Cortese s going to sack Nigel for some no hoper. I may not have all the false rumours in the right order here and there have been many more so you can see the pattern here. There certainly does seems to be some dark forces at work because I just can't believe this is true!

Edited by Saint J 77

????

Guillem Balague‏@GuillemBalague

I have been told 2day a great friend of mine will get his dream come true! U will all be talking about it later. What a clever replacement!

Now Balague is mega connected in Spain, I'd take his word on this.

Would be unreal and Cortese will lose the whole fan base.

At the end of the Chelsea match NA did appear to wave to the fans. It was hard to tell whether it was a "thanks for the support" wave or a "i know I'm off and this is me waving goodbye".

When I saw him do it I thought it was strange. God I hope it was nothing.

He always waves to fans after match...

This is complete and utter bo!!oxs why did I bother reading it. Probably cos its snowing and I'm stuck in the house.

BBC chap joining in now...

@NabilHassan79: Freelance journalist @alex_crook is reporting manager Nigel Adkins could be replaced by Mauricio Pochettino as early as today. #saintsfc

This is the problem with Social Media. One 'source' sees something, and then instantly thousands of others can propagate it.

Smacks of the 'Arry rumours earlier in the season to me.

Maybe I am burying my head in the sand, but I don't see anything to suggest this might happen, other than gossip.