"Saints considering Mauricio Pochettino" - Daily Mirror

trousers

Wait... what? I thought he'd made a terrible hash of everything?

Who said that ? I have generally been always supportive (though I imagine he is a right pain on the transfer front).

The only minor positive to come out here is at least he has someone lined up, unlike Rupert "Irons in the Fire, but appoints Wigley cos he's cheap and malleable" Lowe

Really hope that this is the effect of all being stuck at home because of the snow and rumours snowballing. Changing managers now would have the reverse effect and we would end up getting relegated. Keep NA and get Forren and we can look forward to continued improvement in the second half of the table and a lower mid-table finish.

My thought is that NC sounded out Pochettino earlier in the season in case we continued to slide and NA was sacked, and that the rumour has gone from there.

Can't be related....?

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

I have been told 2day a great friend of mine will get his dream come true! U will all be talking about it later. What a clever replacement!

Guillem BalagueVerified

‏@GuillemBalague

People might think its a bit left field but two of the cleaverest guys are about to be given a superjob. We'll celebrate later

Can't be related....?

I have been told 2day a great friend of mine will get his dream come true! U will all be talking about it later. What a clever replacement!

Guillem BalagueVerified

‏@GuillemBalague

People might think its a bit left field but two of the cleaverest guys are about to be given a superjob. We'll celebrate later

If he is talking about this Argie then how is it a 'clever replacement'?

Even as someone who was at times skeptical of NAs ability to reach this level, this has got to rate as one of the worst decisions in our history, up along side Lowes decision not to re-employ Hoddle.

It will only be a bad decision if Pochettino doesn't perform. If he does we will all be happy and NA forgotten - thats football fans for you.

I would have thought that if there was any mileage in a change the manager is already there today. If a change after 18 points in 12 games and playing well is the solution then NC is an idiot. I don't believe that anyone in their right mind would go for a change at such a vital time. The managerial bounce could just as easily end up a nosedive if the players don't respond.

Does Cortese not hear us sing "One Nigel Adkins" at every match, surely the fans opinions should be taken into account to a degree....if (and i hope it doesn't) Nigel does go, we have got to somehow let him know how important he was to us and that he will be missed....Hopefully this is all a load of crap and wum have convinced people of the crap.

:(

I would have thought that if there was any mileage in a change the manager is already there today. If a change after 18 points in 12 games and playing well is the solution then NC is an idiot. I don't believe that anyone in their right mind would go for a change at such a vital time. The managerial bounce could just as easily end up a nosedive if the players don't respond.

I don't see any positive of this decision.

Can't be related....?

Guillem BalagueVerified

‏@GuillemBalague

This is vague...could be talking about something completely different, couldn't he?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Does Cortese not hear us sing "One Nigel Adkins" at every match, surely the fans opinions should be taken into account to a degree....if (and i hope it doesn't) Nigel does go, we have got to somehow let him know how important he was to us and that he will be missed....Hopefully this is all a load of crap and wum have convinced people of the crap.

:(

You dont really believe that, do you ? The story has too much legs. Somethings happened

From a guy who works on the spanish website (todomercadoweb) that broke the news:

Alex de Llano ‏@AlexDeLlano

@incongruousm I understand that Pochettino will be announced as Soton's manager on Monday.

View conversation

He later amended it to say:

Alex de Llano ‏@AlexDeLlano

@incongruousm Monday or the following days.

Diabolical. Adkins is doing as good a job as anyone could with the players we have. Pochettino, while his managerial record at Espanyol, this season aside, is OK, NA is the only man for the job IMO.