"Saints considering Mauricio Pochettino" - Daily Mirror

trousers

This is vague...could be talking about something completely different, couldn't he?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Yep - but isn't he a Spanish/South American correspondent? Saw his tweet and it fired of an alarm in me. Have asked him if it's related to Saints at all; no reply yet.

I would have thought that if there was any mileage in a change the manager is already there today. If a change after 18 points in 12 games and playing well is the solution then NC is an idiot. I don't believe that anyone in their right mind would go for a change at such a vital time. The managerial bounce could just as easily end up a nosedive if the players don't respond.

But there's no reason to expect a response? QPR changed manager because they hadnt won a game and could get no lower. We, on the other hand are playing ok, even when we don't we still managed to beat Aston Villa. I can only see negatives coming from this

It will only be a bad decision if Pochettino doesn't perform. If he does we will all be happy and NA forgotten - thats football fans for you.

Not sure about that. I for one would take relegation better than this. It will certainly change the view of people of Southampton and no manager would ever feel safe under Cortese. Just check twitter to see the anger this decision would bring with it; that would not go away in a hurry and return with every defeat.

Yep - but isn't he a Spanish/South American correspondent? Saw his tweet and it fired of an alarm in me. Have asked him if it's related to Saints at all; no reply yet.

He is a spanish football expert, I don't question that. But those tweets could be about anything....couldn't they?

I have a theory...

Adkins & Cortese relationship has deteriorated. Blackpool have asked to speak to Adkins, Cortese has accepted it & found us a new manager.

This way he is not sacked & the club will tell us Adkins wanted to go to Blackpool.

which you would have to be a moron to believe. Why would Adkins want to leave his baby to go to Blackpool?

I have a theory...

Adkins & Cortese relationship has deteriorated. Blackpool have asked to speak to Adkins, Cortese has accepted it & found us a new manager.

This way he is not sacked & the club will tell us Adkins wanted to go to Blackpool.

That has the ring of truth about it.

Bloody awful time for this to happen.

We're going to be relegated now.

I have a theory...

This, kind of.