"Saints considering Mauricio Pochettino" - Daily Mirror

trousers

Guillem Balague‏@GuillemBalague

I have been told 2day a great friend of mine will get his dream come true! U will all be talking about it later. What a clever replacement!

A quick Google search has found Balague's thoughts on Pochettino:

PRAISE FOR POCHETTINO

Hi Guillem, How highly do you rate Espanyol boss Mauricio Pochettino? Could he become the next Real Madrid manager? Thanks, David Fullam (Liverpool fan)

GUILLEM SAYS: I REALLY rate Pochettino. I know all about the job he does with Espanyol and he goes hand-in-hand with the director of football, Ramon Planes. They are hardworking and very modern in their approach; they base everything on possession and pressure high up the pitch. It's the kind of football that you like to see at a big club and I see Pochettino going to a Sevilla or a Valencia and we will definitely see him at Real Madrid at some point. Not yet, though, because he's doing a great job with Espanyol and I hopes he stays for a long time at our club

I'm afraid to say I think this is actually happening.

What, he dreamt of managing Saints ?

Must be a pervert.

Why the f*ck would it be a wind up? It's in most of the nationals, being reported in Spain and all over twitter. Do you think they dont have anything better to do?

You mean, the national media having something better other than spreading negative rumours to wind people up? Hmm let me think about that. I wonder have they ever done anything like that before??

None were being reported so widely as this.

It's clear as day that there is something in this

We all agree that this forren fella is going to sign. Yet this is far more widely reported

I think doing this would seal our relegation. And as such, tear this team apart

This bloke would be utterly clueless in the NPC too. So we would have another manager by Xmas after this fella

I would be livid and I would be very anti cortese. And I guess, many at the ground would be

Guillem Balague‏@GuillemBalague

I have been told 2day a great friend of mine will get his dream come true! U will all be talking about it later. What a clever replacement!

A quick Google search has found Balague's thoughts on Pochettino:

PRAISE FOR POCHETTINO

Hi Guillem, How highly do you rate Espanyol boss Mauricio Pochettino? Could he become the next Real Madrid manager? Thanks, David Fullam (Liverpool fan)

GUILLEM SAYS: I REALLY rate Pochettino. I know all about the job he does with Espanyol and he goes hand-in-hand with the director of football, Ramon Planes. They are hardworking and very modern in their approach; they base everything on possession and pressure high up the pitch. It's the kind of football that you like to see at a big club and I see Pochettino going to a Sevilla or a Valencia and we will definitely see him at Real Madrid at some point. Not yet, though, because he's doing a great job with Espanyol and I hopes he stays for a long time at our club

I'm afraid to say I think this is actually happening.

Great find, by the way.

You mean, the national media having something better other than spreading negative rumours to wind people up? Hmm let me think about that. I wonder have they ever done anything like that before??

Come on. Rumours about saints are nothing. Especially while a transfer window is open

Not trying to be ITK here but...

from what I've personally been told, in the last few minutes, by a journalist is that this is unfortunately true and it was all sorted this week by Cortese hence why we have taken a while to complete the Forren deal as Cortese has been unavailable to complete it. This journalist has heard from a couple of sources and is extremely confident that it is happening today.

Shame really but I hope to God, I and my 'source' is incorrect.

You mean, the national media having something better other than spreading negative rumours to wind people up? Hmm let me think about. I wonder have they ever done anything like that before??

We are Southampton Football Club, probably one of the least interesting Premiership clubs to the rest of the nation. We're not Man Utd, we're not David Beckham, we're not Prince Harry. We don't sell papers.

I love how some people believe we are so massive that national newspapers would make stuff up just to annoy us. They couldn't give two hoots about Southampton, barely anyone outside Southampton does, lets be honest.

from what I've personally been told, in the last few minutes, by a journalist is that this is unfortunately true and it was all sorted this week by Cortese hence why we have taken a while to complete the Forren deal as Cortese has been unavailable to complete it. This journalist has heard from a couple of sources and is extremely confident that it is happening today.

Does this mean a double announcement ?

One Norwegian CB is a pretty poor return for losing your manager.

Its going to be months before he can even speak to most of the team...

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

We are Southampton Football Club, probably one of the least interesting Premiership clubs to the rest of the nation. We're not Man Utd, we're not David Beckham, we're not Prince Harry. We don't sell papers.

I'd imagine at least half of the Premier League clubs aren't really interesting to the rest of the nation.

It amazes me that people seriously think that people in the national media are so obsessed with SFC they believe they would make up stories to wind the whole country up.

I have been talking to a Daily Mail journo this morning, I don't need to name him as he has been talking about it on twitter anyway.

He says that Cortese and Pochettino have 100% had a meeting, whether that means Nigel is off or not he can't guarantee, but it the common belief is that the Argentine will be appointed on Monday.

I know Southampton Football Club is bigger than any manager or player, but if this does come true I would find it very hard to renew my season ticket. Does not make any sense apart from certain individuals showing the power they hold.

What if Pochettino came in, was brilliant and we finish 10th? I agree with your sentiment but ultimately, as with Pardew, ex-Managers are soon forgotten if the new one is successful.

What if Pochettino came in, was brilliant and we finish 10th? I agree with your sentiment but ultimately, as with Pardew, ex-Managers are soon forgotten if the new one is successful.

I feel Adkins deserves more time in comparison? He has acheived so much and we are doing pretty well at the moment!

I have been talking to a Daily Mail journo this morning, I don't need to name him as he has been talking about it on twitter anyway.

He says that Cortese and Pochettino have 100% had a meeting, whether that means Nigel is off or not he can't guarantee, but it the common belief is that the Argentine will be appointed on Monday.

If it does happen, this is a f*cking disgrace. Years of hard work undone by NC by one staggeringly stupid decision.

he is clearly in on this national media wide wind up too

So, very similar to what I've been told by another journo this moring except he gathered it was happening today.

I really, really hope this is all bollix. I'm enjoying being a Saints fan at the moment, I understand big changes will happen in the next few years to make us competitive in this league if we stay in it but I didn't expect anything this soon.

I like Nigel, he's a cracking bloke and manager and I'd hate to see him go.