Best Pubs ever

ozzmeister

As a flip side to the worst pubs ever topic how about one for the best pubs ever.

Mine are:

Wooden Bridge in Guildford

The George in Crossharbour (London)

Both because they are proper pubs, have proper people in (i.e no pretentious ****s), show the football, good selection of larger and decent price.

As a flip side to the worst pubs ever topic how about one for the best pubs ever.

Mine are:

Both because they are proper pubs, have proper people in (i.e no pretentious ****s), show the football, good selection of larger and decent price.

WTF is larger?

As in the one in Warsash? If so yeah is a good pub, used to go there a bit when I lived in Locks Heath

Are you me?

Went to Itchen, used to live in Locksheath.... Bit weird!

I doubt he means that one as he is a Hedge Ender (although I guess Hamble isn't that far), but yeah, the Jolly Sailor is a good pub, bit sheet for parking but it's ok.

Saw Craig Charles off of Red Dwarf in there before. FACT.

LOL No last time I checked I wasnt you, may have been separated at birth by the sounds of it. Scary thing is that I may know you, or least know someone that knows you lol.

My main claim to fame from the area was seeing WGS at Kams Palace. However I dont want to stray off topic to much.

Edited by ozzmeister

• 3 years later...

If you're ever in my home county if Shropshire, go to Bishops Castle. Small town with two breweries (Three Tuns and Six Bells, both excellent but 6 Bells best) and six of the best real ale pubs you'll ever find within a couple if hundred yards in the High Street.

Beer Festival every July but lots of other festivals throughout the year that are just excuses to drink beer. (if you need an excuse).

Mine are:

Wooden Bridge is one of the best pubs I have been to, and back in 1996-98 I was there very often.

the saints...

they planned to close it down years ago...so the locals in millbrook protested on the roof...

it used to be horifficially rough but now it has changed and is quite good

the avondale here in plymouth

the same old boy owned for over 50 years until he died about 7 years ago...it briefly turned into a topless pub with some disgusting fat women working there. it has now shut down

the saints...

they planned to close it down years ago...so the locals in millbrook protested on the roof...

the same old boy owned for over 50 years until he died about 7 years ago...it briefly turned into a topless pub with some disgusting fat women working there. it has now shut down

The saints pub is totally different these days, it's gone through some shocking owners in the past but the guys running it now have totally changed it. Hats of to them IMO.

the saints...

For some reason the last paragraph I thought you were still talking about the saints pub!

A legendary place, enjoyed by my late father's generation long before I was even thought of.

Did I read that it was no longer there ?

Its still there, not sure what its called now, Sunday eve was guest stripper night, Ray Martine as the DJ various slappers all getting their kit off.

It was called the Bosuns Locker for a good few years, it has now reverted back to The Juniper Berry. Don't upset the landlord though he's from a family of famous bouncers/boxers that worked the doors at Raffles, amongst other places, in the 80's. It has to be said he's actually a top bloke though.

There was a topless pub in Plymouth featured on 'Britain's Hardest Pubs' a few years ago, and the women were fairly disgusting. Might well be the one you're thinking of!