'Arry looking forward to jolly abuse at Southampton - expects to be called "scummer"

Saint-Armstrong

It's about time some people realised that these wind up chants, be they directed at players or managers, only serve to motivate them even more. This real hatred for anything Pompey is now well OTT. Concentrate on motivating our boys - anti-Pompey chants don't. ( Reminder to self: expect moronic abuse but it will be WOADB.)

yeah cos that really worked when he managed us for the mauling at nottarfcrap didn't it? I say give it to him and make the c-u-n-t twitch like f-u-c-k

I think the man is a c*nt for leaving us and going straight back to Pompey.

But songs about him dying, or being in a coma, or about his twitch(the result of a fatal car accident) just reduce us to the level of the

inbred Pompey fans.

Out of order.

Is he dead?

I have a huge fear about losing this game. Not just because it will mean we are back in the siht, but also if it starts this recovery. If they only win one of the next 4/5 then that will be it, I just hope the 1 game is not against us.

I too have a horrible feeling about this one and already said so. Them being desperate, wounded, etc. I'll start a "would you take a point now" thread closer to the day and see what the majority here think.

They have a pop at Twitchy for getting it wrong and then state...

The only trouble is that Pompey fans have always called their Southampton rivals ‘scummers’ and not the other way round. The term dates back to a dispute between the dockyards at the two ports when workers in Southampton broke ranks and crossed picket lines during a strike.

Fookin'ell...they then pick a skate fanzine myth out of the air and report it as fact!

I wont waste too much time abusing the **** on Saturday personally but hope to be joining in a hostile atmosphere aimed at getting 3 vital points.

When saggy came with the skates to SMS for the first time for the midweek League Cup game, that was a good hostile crowd. The first 15 mins or so any skate possession was greeted by a crescendo of whistles and they were rattled before they got on the pitch, Redknapp described their arrival at the stadium that night like going through Beiruit. Maybe there should be a big welcoming committee for him and his team on Saturday, get into him early.

That story about the dockers is a load of crap. My family have been working in the docks for generations, and it is simply not true.

Southampton dockers did fight on the picket lines at Pompey in the late 70s or early 80s though. No scabs in Southampton.

I think the story was originally made up by one of the Pompey hooligans years ago. F*cking scabby c*nts.

The Southampton Company of Union Men fairly tale is indeed a fabricated story to substantiate the S.C.U.M myth (hence Portsmyth FC)

It was a group of Pompey fans, including 'Docker' Hughes, the predecessor to the icon who is John PFC Westwood, who started the story after Portsmouth Dockers reneged on an agreement not to handle Brittany Ferry ships which had moved up to Portsmouth from Plymouth in the autumn of 1976 and were mass picketed by groups of Soton Dockers led by Ritchie Pearce.

The police were called to protect the Pompey Dockers in the commercial port down there.

There are factual reports about this in the archives of the Daily Echo and the Portsmouth News whereas you will have to rely on 'folklore' passed on by the fertile imagination of some 'hard core' people down on Portsea Island, one of whom was recently fondly remembered in print by one of his peers having being seen, back in the 70's, up a tree eating his own vomit after taking a copious amount of mind altering drugs.

Not surprisingly the person with an unusual dining habit passed away at a fairly early age but is still revered by some of the '657' clan.

So why are you so surprised that people use swear words at the football?

I am not surprised that people do that at all,I am surprised that fully grown men are planning on a forum to use the C##t word in a chant,if you saw Redknapp in the street when you were with your kids would you start chanting "You're a ****" ??

I am not surprised that people do that at all,I am surprised that fully grown men are planning on a forum to use the C##t word in a chant,if you saw Redknapp in the street when you were with your kids would you start chanting "You're a ****" ??

I don't suppose people will be singing this in the family area, do you? If parents are to take their kids into the more vocal areas of the ground, they would surely expect colourful language? I wouldn't start chanting that at Redknapp in the street if I had kids with me, just as I wouldn't take them in to the Northam or Itchen North until they're old enough to understand... Swearing happens at the football, people say ****, it's not that big a deal.

I don't think I would sing at him, I would walk over to him and say it straight to his saggy face. I seem to remember a pretty vocal round of "Nolan you're a c*nt, Nolan Nolan you're a c*nt" being sung by our entire away following at West Ham earlier in the season. Get over yourself, people swear, especially at an emotionally charged football match.

I don't think I would sing at him, I would walk over to him and say it straight to his saggy face. I seem to remember a pretty vocal round of "Nolan you're a c*nt, Nolan Nolan you're a c*nt" being sung by our entire away following at West Ham earlier in the season. Get over yourself, people swear, especially at an emotionally charged football match.

Get over myself ???. at the end of the day its a football match,its not the birth of your kids or a funeral of a loved one.I understand that in the heat of the moment people get animated,but for fully grown men to plot on a forum to sing c**t chants is pretty sad on every level imo

And I usually sit in the family area when I have taken my kids and the language of some of the guys there has been poor as well

I am well aware you will never eradicate this from football as people are passionate about it,just seems strange that it is accepted as normal behaviour when at football??

Get over myself ???. at the end of the day its a football match,its not the birth of your kids or a funeral of a loved one.I understand that in the heat of the moment people get animated,but for fully grown men to plot on a forum to sing c**t chants is pretty sad on every level imo

And I usually sit in the family area when I have taken my kids and the language of some of the guys there has been poor as well

I am well aware you will never eradicate this from football as people are passionate about it,just seems strange that it is accepted as normal behaviour when at football??

LOL1111!! Would you go around shouting C*nt at these events? It's an amusing mental image.

"I'm sad the old c*nt has died"

"she's just popped our son out of her c*nt"

Think you might be taking this forum a little bit too seriously Pangy. It's not a Guy Fawkes like plot you know for everyone to sing nasty things about him, you've only go to look at how many people sing the quite brilliantly inventive songs on here to realise that it isn't going to happen, i'm yet to hear any one burst into the Gaston song from Beauty and the Beast at any match yet that was widely suggested and lauded on here for example. So i'd not worry too much as we all know the abuse will be an anti Redknapp song to the tune of sloop John B, maybe a couple of "Harry Redknapp, what a w*ankers" and then it'll die out and everyone will resort to slagging of Guly/Fox/Boruc or whoever the whipping boy will be this week. But if you do want a family friendly anti Redknapp song without any swear words that you want to make song sheets for to pass round the family stand can I suggest my "Redknapp in a coma" song posted on a few other threads, it'll not only teach you're children about the phyical condition on being in a Coma, it'll also educate them on the lyrical genius of one of Britains greatest bands and most contoversal singer/songwriters and there is not a single swear word in it, everyones a winner.

All together now.....

Redknapp in a coma, i hope i hope it's serious.......

Edited by Turkish

Think you might be taking this forum a little bit too seriously Pangy. It's not a Guy Fawkes like plot you know for everyone to sing nasty things about him, you've only go to look at how many people of the quite brilliantly inventive songs on here to realised that it isn't going to happen, i'm yet to hear any one burst into the Gaston song from Beauty and the Beast at any match yet that was widely suggested and lauded on here for example. So i'd not worry too much as we all know the abuse will be an anti Redknapp song to the tune of sloop John B, maybe a couple of "Harry Redknapp, what a w*ankers" and then it'll die out and everyone will resort to slagging of Guly/Fox/Boruc or whoever the whipping boy will be this week. But if you do want a family friendly anti Redknapp song without any swear words that you want to make song sheets for to pass round the family stand can I suggest my "Redknapp in a coma" song posted on a few other threads, it'll not only teach you're children about the phyical condition on being in a Coma, it'll also educate them on the lyrical genius of one of Britains greatest bands and most contoversal singer/songwriters and there is not a single swear word in it, everyones a winner.

All together now.....

Redknapp in a coma, i hope i hope it's serious.......

So presumably you wouldn't mind if I say I hope one of your relatives falls into a coma this evening and then dies a few days later?

So presumably you wouldn't mind if I say I hope one of your relatives falls into a coma this evening and then dies a few days later?

Why would i care what someone that but for this forum i wouldn't even know existed and if we were ever to meet i'd undoutedly think they were a helmet anyway says about me?

Edited by Turkish

SFC Gossip ‏@gossipsfc

Great way to get at redknapp by singing happy birthday to pochettino and not him!! Share the same birthday and play against the same day

Jesus christ....

Had an argument with that Twitter account the other day.

It's the same as all the other "SaintsNEWS" "SaintsRUMOURS" etc accounts.

They've all popped up this season, and none of them are remotely interesting. They all post things we can get from the OS or a news website.

GossipSFC just copies the OS tweets,

SFC Gossip ‏@gossipsfc

Great way to get at redknapp by singing happy birthday to pochettino and not him!! Share the same birthday and play against the same day

Jesus christ....

"Gaffer, I know we lost, but please don't cry"

"I ain't cryin' abaaat the faaackin' loss, I'm cryin' 'cos dem faaaackin' scummers sung happy birthday to Pochettino and not me"

Mauricio Pochettino has warned Harry Redknapp to expect a hate-fuelled reception when he returns to Southampton after claiming the atmosphere at St Mary’s is more intense than the Nou Camp.

Redknapp is despised by Saints fans after overseeing the club’s relegation from the Premier League for the first time in 27 years in 2005 before defecting back to bitter rivals Portsmouth months later.

The QPR chief takes his basement side to the south coast on Saturday in desperate need of a victory to reignite their fading survival hopes.

Saints boss Pochettino, who took charge of Espanyol against Barcelona in derby clashes at their world famous ground, said: “In terms of the number of fans in the stadium the Nou Camp is bigger.

“But the fans at St Mary’s apply a lot more pressure. In Barcelona they only sing for one minute and then stop again but at St Mary’s they sing for the full 90 minutes. It is very intense and passionate.

“My main goal is always to generate a positive atmosphere for my team and always respecting what the people say. I will thoroughly respect whatever they want to say on Saturday.

“I don’t know the full story of what happened with Harry but the fans are wiser than we think and they will express themselves how they see fit.

“I foresee the fans getting behind the team but they will also allow themselves to voice their views and make their opinions known.” Mirror