'Arry looking forward to jolly abuse at Southampton - expects to be called "scummer"

Saint-Armstrong

Redknapp in a coma I hope, I hope it's serious

Redknapp in a coma I hope, I hope it's really serious

There were times when I could have murdered him

But you know I would love Harry to get ebolaaaa

Yes I do want to see him!

Do you you really think he'll pull through?

We really hope he don't pull through

Redknapp in a coma I hope it's serious

Redknapp in a coma I hope it's serious

Well considering Skate is a fairly new term and ex Portsmuff players were barracked as being Scummers up The Dell, then he's not that wide of the mark.

Contrary to the myths peddled by our near neighbours, Scummers was a two way insult for years.

I think its Saints fans peddling the myth to be honest. Skate is a fanzine creation from the 90s and is still not entirely accepted.

For one, we have more than one song referencing scum from Portsmouth but a grand total of zero referencing Skates.

Yes, "Scummer" was the 2-way insult for many a year. "Skate" is relatively recent in the scheme of things.

Glad you posted this bud, thought I'd dreamed it.

TBH I used to sing songs about them in my yoof but they were to me pretty irrelevant as we never played them and they were always so far below us. Oh how things have changed ;)

I think the man is a c*nt for leaving us and going straight back to Pompey.

But songs about him dying, or being in a coma, or about his twitch(the result of a fatal car accident) just reduce us to the level of the

inbred Pompey fans.

Out of order.

You're a c*nt for relegating us

You're a c*nt for leaving us

You're a c*nt for going to Pompey

You're a c*nt, you're a c*nt

I think the man is a c*nt for leaving us and going straight back to Pompey.

But songs about him dying, or being in a coma, or about his twitch(the result of a fatal car accident) just reduce us to the level of the

inbred Pompey fans.

Out of order.

Agreed.

Also, Road House.

:lol: Hilarious coming from you.

We all have standards and your post is well below the bad taste line sunny jim. Do you really feel better by hating someone so much you wish him in a coma; but he relegated us wahaaa wahaaaa, but he never wanted to be here wahhaaaaa, but he used to managed a club that we pretend to hate and went back to them booohoooo.

He's a pantomine villian and I don't care about him. I just hope we get three points on Saturday.

We all have standards and your post is well below the bad taste line sunny jim. Do you really feel better by hating someone so much you wish him in a coma; but he relegated us wahaaa wahaaaa, but he never wanted to be here wahhaaaaa, but he used to managed a club that we pretend to hate and went back to them booohoooo.

He's a pantomine villian and I don't care about him. I just hope we get three points on Saturday.

No that's right, you'd rather make constant gags about ****ging people's dead mums wouldn't you, Sunny Jim.

It's about time some people realised that these wind up chants, be they directed at players or managers, only serve to motivate them even more. This real hatred for anything Pompey is now well OTT. Concentrate on motivating our boys - anti-Pompey chants don't. ( Reminder to self: expect moronic abuse but it will be WOADB.)

If anything he should be applauded or at the very least given a higher user rank.

It is a vile and offensive post and it should have been removed long ago.

No surprise that you would endorse it, though, in your pitiful playground adulation of the obnoxious element of the forum.

I always thought the word scummer dates back to the turn of the century , when the white star liners would come into Southampton. and there were crews who were employed that would clean the flotsam so the waters approching southmpton were clean for the benefit of the passengers. These guys were called scummers. removing the scum of the slent waters.

I have believed that since I was a wee lad many many moons ago, Don/t tell me a relative told me a porky all tjhose years ago]

You are my sunshine my only sunshine

Please dont take my scummer away

They have a pop at Twitchy for getting it wrong and then state...

The only trouble is that Pompey fans have always called their Southampton rivals ‘scummers’ and not the other way round. The term dates back to a dispute between the dockyards at the two ports when workers in Southampton broke ranks and crossed picket lines during a strike.

Fookin'ell...they then pick a skate fanzine myth out of the air and report it as fact!

I wont waste too much time abusing the **** on Saturday personally but hope to be joining in a hostile atmosphere aimed at getting 3 vital points.

When saggy came with the skates to SMS for the first time for the midweek League Cup game, that was a good hostile crowd. The first 15 mins or so any skate possession was greeted by a crescendo of whistles and they were rattled before they got on the pitch, Redknapp described their arrival at the stadium that night like going through Beiruit. Maybe there should be a big welcoming committee for him and his team on Saturday, get into him early.