• Perry
    • Pearce
    • Skacel
    • Lallana
    • Surman
    • Cork
    • BWP
    • Robertson

Worst EVER start to a season at home, repeat worst EVER in over 80 seasons. OK, thats 4 games unbeaten, 6 pts from 12, but how can we hope to survive, at least financially, if we cannot pick up wins at home against what sounded like an appalling Sheff Wed team with one of the worst away records in the League. It really is time that Lowe realised that Jan Nice but Dim Poortvliet is out of his depth, and either needs some serious help, or needs to be replaced. Luckily there are some other poor teams around us at the moment that mean we are keeping our heads above the dotted line.

Bedwetter alert !

One home win in almost half a season of home games is sure fire relegation form.

It sounded like the team bottled it, and it didn't help that the commentators were going on and on about winning the match from the second Bradley scored.

It was painfully easy to predict that we would crumble in the second half, and we did.

We are going to be relegated barring an absolute miracle (ie Watford going into administration).

I don't have any faith in Jan, but not sure if anyone else can make much difference. But if Jan left tomorrow I would be perfectly happy. Honestly don't think it would do much harm. One home win all season suggests it can't seriously get any worse.

Because that would be almost half our home games gone and just 1 win. You will not stay up if you keep that ratio up. We can't do what we did last year and adopt your "there is always next week" attitude as we will just run out of games. As i said if it wasen't for Davis AGAIN we would of been murdered. He is employed to get results and that is not what he is getting.

Unfortunately I think you maybe wrong there

He is employed to develop the players so that in the future we may prosper something which he is apparently doing quite well

If we had a goal scorer things maybe different I realise we have loaned out Rasiak Saga John but this was done for financial

John did not score today neither did Rasiak which was not surprising as he was not playing

One home win in almost half a season of home games is sure fire relegation form.

It's not good but, considering we are not actually in the relegation positions, your comment seems to be a bit of an exaggeration.

It sounded like the team bottled it, and it didn't help that the commentators were going on and on about winning the match from the second Bradley scored.

It was painfully easy to predict that we would crumble in the second half, and we did.

We are going to be relegated barring an absolute miracle (ie Watford going into administration).

I don't have any faith in Jan, but not sure if anyone else can make much difference. But if Jan left tomorrow I would be perfectly happy. Honestly don't think it would do much harm. One home win all season suggests it can't seriously get any worse.

It is not pretty granted. But Charlton, Watford, Doncaster, Forest, Norwich - we simply have to finish above three of these. At the moment, we're doing that. And there's no reason to believe the team will get worse with more time is there?

Today was a real blow because three points would have been such a lift and we were three minutes away from them. But since half the games are away from home...

Meh. Not the end of the world, especially with Watford, Charlton and Barnsley losing. Cov and Notts For drawing is also the best result we could have hoped for.

Not going to do SMS crowds much good if we can't beat anyone at home.

your absoloute idiot, where you there? didn't think as much the best result we could have hoped for we should of scored about 4, idiot!!!

It's not good but, considering we are not actually in the relegation positions, your comment seems to be a bit of an exaggeration.

Well, I don't think so. If we get to March and we've won, say, just one more home game, we will be in the relegation places. I'd like to see someone dredge up a relegation survivor from any division who only wins twice or three times at home all season.

Home form is the bread and butter of the teams at the arse end of a division. We need to sort it or we're going down.

It is not pretty granted. But Charlton, Watford, Doncaster, Forest, Norwich - we simply have to finish above three of these. At the moment, we're doing that. And there's no reason to believe the team will get worse with more time is there?

Today was a real blow because three points would have been such a lift and we were three minutes away from them. But since half the games are away from home...

Fair enough, and yes it is good we have some company down there.

Funnily enough my fear is we aren't going to get better - we've had a few great results (Derby, Reading, I was at both games) which the "we can build on this" line was wheeled out. Well, we haven't built on them. And we all know the "we can learn from this" line as well. We haven't learnt.

If we haven't "learnt" how to win at home by December after half a season of "lessons", I have absolutely no faith that we will have by April.

Just because we have a team of kids it doesn't follow that we will improve over the season. I think you might find them burnt out and shot to pieces come the spring, especially if one or two of our gems are sold.

Call me a pessimist...;)

To all those who complain about Jan who do you think would do a better job with no transfer budget all his strikers out on loan and any player with any talent being sold in January.

At the moment regardless of the quality of the teams around us we are out of the relegation zone. We can't keep changing our manager like we have for the last 10 years at the slightest sign of trouble.

Worst EVER start to a season at home, repeat worst EVER in over 80 seasons. OK, thats 4 games unbeaten, 6 pts from 12, but how can we hope to survive, at least financially, if we cannot pick up wins at home against what sounded like an appalling Sheff Wed team with one of the worst away records in the League. It really is time that Lowe realised that Jan Nice but Dim Poortvliet is out of his depth, and either needs some serious help, or needs to be replaced. Luckily there are some other poor teams around us at the moment that mean we are keeping our heads above the dotted line.

Brilliant post.

The way we are playing will lead to our relegation.

Its always pretty football,but then one touch too many.

We cant finish teams off and always fumble around until the away team score.

I looked around the ground today and saw about three people in the Chapel and a lot of the ground with many empty seats.

This total football makarky isnt working.Lowe please just go now.

I don't blame the manager, he is working with what he has available to him - youth team players and reserves with no money available to bring anyone half decent in. I didn't go today but was at the charlton game last week. Our play this season up until the final third is generally quite good but we need someone who can actually hit the target and more importantly beat the opposition keeper. Its all well and good having a load of 'attempts' if we keep bloody missing. MCG is not good enough.

Brilliant post.

The way we are playing will lead to our relegation.

Its always pretty football,but then one touch too many.

We cant finish teams off and always fumble around until the away team score.

I looked around the ground today and saw about three people in the Chapel and a lot of the ground with many empty seats.

This total football makarky isnt working.Lowe please just go now.

Sadly your only focus to the real world is the removal of RL. He was not there last season or the season before when you ire was directed at others. If things go bad you seem to need someone to blame.

I hate seeing loads of empty seats but look on Sky and see the Wolves away support at QPR. It is pathetic considering the position or success they have at present.It is down to the bad state of peoples finances as well as the frustration of not seeing us win.

For all those posting coments that were not at the game..... you base your postings on hearsay.

At times, (and this is the problem) we played some graet football, yes we can play, the goal we did score was superb, almost undefendable, yes we could have scored more, and yes Wednesday could also have scored more.

DId we throw it away? Probably not, as over 90 mins they probably deserved a point. Could we have won? Quite simply yes.

Would I rather watch Saints this season than last? YES, yes and yes again.

Can they get better? Yes

Yes we need a striker, but we are skint, we could do with a real leader as well in the Alan BAll mode, but we are skint, all in all it was a point today, not a defeat, it was a decent game to watch, and the boys are OK. If you want to see Saints lose, if you want Saints to lose, then IMHO just be quiet.

your absoloute idiot, where you there? didn't think as much the best result we could have hoped for we should of scored about 4, idiot!!!

Your post sums up why many posters have left this forum and a few only post 3 times a day.

"We should of scored 4"?

Was it great football to go and see again LOL

You could not make this stuff up.

Sadly your only focus to the real world is the removal of RL. He was not there last season or the season before when you ire was directed at others. If things go bad you seem to need someone to blame.

I hate seeing loads of empty seats but look on Sky and see the Wolves away support at QPR. It is pathetic considering the position or success they have at present.It is down to the bad state of peoples finances as well as the frustration of not seeing us win.

nickh please believe me when i say i would gladly put my dislike of Rupert to one side if his total football experiment was working.But sadly its not is it?

Look at today.Sheffield Wed were a very poor side and we should have won at least by two goals,but instead we defend like schoolkids after scoring one goal.

If we had a manager who knew about the English game(Pearson),we might have been able to counter the attacking team,but because we dont have a plan B,nothing changes and we begin to let in goals.

Like it or not Rupert is bad for Saints.Most of the fanbase hate him and a few wont even go while hes there.

Im not looking for someone to blame,im just very ****ed off seeing the club i love go down the pan because of bad leadership.

Fair enough, and yes it is good we have some company down there.

Funnily enough my fear is we aren't going to get better - we've had a few great results (Derby, Reading, I was at both games) which the "we can build on this" line was wheeled out. Well, we haven't built on them. And we all know the "we can learn from this" line as well. We haven't learnt.

If we haven't "learnt" how to win at home by December after half a season of "lessons", I have absolutely no faith that we will have by April.

Just because we have a team of kids it doesn't follow that we will improve over the season. I think you might find them burnt out and shot to pieces come the spring, especially if one or two of our gems are sold.

Call me a pessimist...;)

For me, we have to learn to finish teams off when we are dominating. That's about finishing. And we have had so many shots but scored so few goals, it tells its own tale.

Even at Reading to only be one goal in front at half time was lamentable. We could easily have lost that game in the second half.

At Charlton, we could easily have won but again we could not finish.

Even early in the season against Birmingham we could and should have been 4 up by half time and instead we scored only one and lost.

Our build-up play is really good. But in the final third we have delivery from James and now Skacel but no natural finisher.

If Jan can resolve this, we're away. Because we do finally look like we can defend and for me that's always the basis of a successful team.

nickh please believe me when i say i would gladly put my dislike of Rupert to one side if his total football experiment was working.But sadly its not is it?

Look at today.Sheffield Wed were a very poor side and we should have won at least by two goals,but instead we defend like schoolkids after scoring one goal.

If we had a manager who knew about the English game(Pearson),we might have been able to counter the attacking team,but because we dont have a plan B,nothing changes and we begin to let in goals.

Like it or not Rupert is bad for Saints.Most of the fanbase hate him and a few wont even go while hes there.

Im not looking for someone to blame,im just very ****ed off seeing the club i love go down the pan because of bad leadership.

I dont wish for us tpo go down either.

NP is history, but we were hardly swashbuckling under him.

The resources we have are limited and I doubt many would make a better fist of it.

I hope it comes off for us as we have had a c### run for a few seasons and we deserve better .

Heres an idea.

Ditch McGoldrick and Robertson. Try JASON EUELL up front.

We are clueless in attack. Don't help when you have players like McGoldrick and Robertson. David McGoldrick is by far the worst finisher in this league. If he could get his f-ing shooting boots on once and a while we would be a lot better!

McGoldrick OUT!

Also don't help that the team get no encouragment when they are shooting towards the Chapel stand.

Not much to add that has not been said.

Just want to reiterate the facts.

We are desperately, yes desperately lacking a goalscorer.

We have a manager/coach who has only one plan and no idea what to

do when it does not work.

We have diminising crowds and the continuing failure to win at home will

make the numbers lessen even more.

We have a chairman who cannot see that paying for a proper goalscorer

will increase the crowds as we might actually win games and increase the revenue to pay for him.

As far as the game goes we were average at best in first half

and absolute ****e,worst in ages in the second.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

anyone else think that lallana is living off his perfomances from earlier in the season

in the last few home games whenever he gets the ball he does the wrong thing, he runs to the wrong place, doesnt cross when he can, doesnt shoot when he can, too many needless mistakes

i dont think his heart is in it anymore with the interest from the premiership

why didn't euell play is the strangest thing though

Heres an idea.

Ditch McGoldrick and Robertson. Try JASON EUELL up front.

We are clueless in attack. Don't help when you have players like McGoldrick and Robertson. David McGoldrick is by far the worst finisher in this league. If he could get his f-ing shooting boots on once and a while we would be a lot better!

McGoldrick OUT!

Also don't help that the team get no encouragment when they are shooting towards the Chapel stand.

A crap statement you mug, but to be fair about today,the play was hardly down there much today

Why the hell are you being so rude and aggressive? He only made a reasoned comment.

anyone else think that lallana is living off his perfomances from earlier in the season

in the last few home games whenever he gets the ball he does the wrong thing, he runs to the wrong place, doesnt cross when he can, doesnt shoot when he can, too many needless mistakes

i dont think his heart is in it anymore with the interest from the premiership

why didn't euell play is the strangest thing though

agreed i started a thread about Lallana , not sure if he is the real deal or an imposter

The team worked really hard today and played some great football - BUT...

1. JP is out of his depth - good coach, rubbish manager. Should not persist with striker pairings and formations at home that fail time and time again. Why oh why was Euell not on the bench - he should be played up front? Why oh why did JP take off McGoldrick (10 mins AFTER he should have come off) and replace him with the smallest player in the CCC when we needed a big tough guy to come in and shore things up when we were 1-0 up? No, the prat was so dazzled by the passing football (backwards) that he forgot he had Wotton on the bench!

2. JP needs a manager to make match decisions for him - let him carry on coaching. Perhaps Wotte is that man? Let's face it, whatever he said at half-time must have been as inspiring as a wet fart in a crowded lift. Once again, thanks to our esteemed coach's tactics, the team are turned over by what can only be described as a poor team.

3. McGoldrick and Robertson are rubbish. And McGoldrick is also one of the laziest players I think I have ever seen - he is NOT working for his team mates and should be dropped.

1. Yes I was there. Luckily I have invented teleportation and was able to get back to my laptop in Scotland 4 minutes after the final whistle to make that post.

2. Please enlighten me. Which part of my post was incorrect? Did Watford win? Is that draw going to bring back the missing 15,000? Was that draw infact the end of the world? I'm looking out my window, I can't see four horsemen of the appocalypse, maybe they stopped at a Little Chef.

3. How can you call someone an idiot (twice) with grammar like that? :lol:

"You absoloute idiot, were you there? Didn't think as much [WTF? I can't even guess how this bit's supposed to read] for, we should have scored about 4, idiot!!!"

Hope this helps.

The team worked really hard today and played some great football - BUT...

1. JP is out of his depth - good coach, rubbish manager. Should not persist with striker pairings and formations at home that fail time and time again. Why oh why was Euell not on the bench - he should be played up front? Why oh why did JP take off McGoldrick (10 mins AFTER he should have come off) and replace him with the smallest player in the CCC when we needed a big tough guy to come in and shore things up when we were 1-0 up? No, the prat was so dazzled by the passing football (backwards) that he forgot he had Wotton on the bench!

2. JP needs a manager to make match decisions for him - let him carry on coaching. Perhaps Wotte is that man? Let's face it, whatever he said at half-time must have been as inspiring as a wet fart in a crowded lift. Once again, thanks to our esteemed coach's tactics, the team are turned over by what can only be described as a poor team.

3. McGoldrick and Robertson are rubbish. And McGoldrick is also one of the laziest players I think I have ever seen - he is NOT working for his team mates and should be dropped.

I can't disagree with any of that. And our players are nowhere near fit enough. James was knackered at 70 minutes.

If there's anybody left on this forum who still thinks we're not in a relegation fight they really really need to have a word with themselves . Unless we find some type of reasonable home form soon we will be playing in L1 next season , it's as simple as that .

Again today we played like a team of 'ball polishers' , pretty to watch but out of touch with the need to meet the more prosaic requirements required to amass sufficient points to survive in this tough division . The road to relegation is paved with rubbish results just like this , I know because I've seen it all before .

I admire a man who sticks to his principles - but crucially he has ultimately to have been proven to be right . One home win since the start of the season proves Jan Poortvliet is not right when we play with a lone striker up front at home , it just doesn't work . He displays all the tactical fexibilty of a World War I General - we keep playing the same way and we keep failing in the same way and nothing changes , except that more vital points are thrown away down the pan.

This team is the mirror image of it's head coach - full of good principles , entertaining company and completely out of its depth .

If there's anybody left on this forum who still thinks we're not in a relegation fight they really really need to have a word with themselves . Unless we find some type of reasonable home form soon we will be playing in L1 next season , it's as simple as that .

Again today we played like a team of 'ball polishers' , pretty to watch but out of touch with the need to meet the more prosaic requirements required to amass sufficient points to survive in this tough division . The road to relegation is paved with rubbish results just like this , I know because I've seen it all before .

I admire a man who sticks to his principles - but crucially he has ultimately to have been proven to be right . One home win since the start of the season proves Jan Poortvliet is not right when we play with a lone striker up front at home , it just doesn't work . He displays all the tactical fexibilty of a World War I General - we keep playing the same way and we keep failing in the same way and nothing changes , except that more vital points are thrown away down the pan.

This team is the mirror image of it's head coach - full of good principles , entertaining company and completely out of its depth .

Absolutely a contender for post of the week.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Please no more "total football". Its just getting ridiculous. We just can't score goals. JP doesn't really have it in him ("who else" someone asked, well Pearson maybe?). Terrible home form, and away form is not second best in the league - just look at the table.

No leadership at the top and no ambition or motivation from the boardroom. Terrible.

we are doing a hell of a lot better than I thought we would.

Great first half. Gutted we didn't hold on. Cheer up people, we are playing well.

Saints 0 Blackpool 1

Saints 0 Barnsley 0

Saints 0 Watford 3

Saints 1 Coventry 1

Saints 0 Bristol City 1

Saints 0 Plymouth 0

Saints 1 Sheff Wed 1

How well are we playing ? :(

But Chez the fact we dont win at home and the fact that half of our fan base dont turn up,i would have to disagree with you.

Half of our fan base are pampered kids who've had their pocket money docked.

Look at last seasons earning per seat per game £13.69 or something like that.

The fan base turns up, the part timers,freebies and kids for a quid don't.

Shame we couldn't hang on but not too down-hearted.

We had enough chances to kill the game off at 1-0 but it wasn't to be.

I think it's very much a mental thing now, the sooner we can get a win at St Mary's the better.

Still, if we can come away with something on Monday night then things won't look too bad at all.

Onwards and upwards!

Half of our fan base are pampered kids who've had their pocket money docked.

Look at last seasons earning per seat per game £13.69 or something like that.

The fan base turns up, the part timers,freebies and kids for a quid don't.

Im sorry Window Cleaner i cant agree with you.

Today i went to the game and the atmosphere was flat.

There wasnt many fans and those who were there didnt sing so much.

I believe we are down to the hardcore fans,but even they seem like they have had enough because the numbers are still falling.

Saints 0 Blackpool 1

Saints 0 Barnsley 0

Saints 0 Watford 3

Saints 1 Coventry 1

Saints 0 Bristol City 1

Saints 0 Plymouth 0

Saints 1 Sheff Wed 1

How well are we playing ? :(

we do look **** when its put like that, with the exception of beating reading