Saints -"He never actually played for us" XI

Arizona

Can you make up a Saints 11 of players who were in our squad at some point, but haven't actually played a competitive game.

I've got:

GK: Tommy Forecast?

RB:

LB:

CB: Aledine Yahia

CB: Lucien Mettomo

RM:

LM:

CM: Marcelo Tejera

CM: Antony Pulis

ST: Andrei Pereplyotkin

ST:

Cosimo Sarli? He scored 40-odd goals for the reserves in a single season about 10 years ago but never actually played for the first team.

But did he go on to achieve anything elsewhere to suggest the decision to release him was wrong ?

Sorry if I misunderstood the rules of the thread.

But did he go on to achieve anything elsewhere to suggest the decision to release him was wrong ?

Sorry if I misunderstood the rules of the thread.

No rules, just a bit of fun. Trying to think of the players we've signed but never played.

LB Marcus Hall?

Good shout. I remember watching the 02/03 season review DVD and thinking 'WTF?' when it was announced we'd signed him at the start of the season.

What was the name of the non-league striker we signed in the late Dell days... I'm sure he never got a game...

I'm so *hit with names... I'm sure it was a Mark or a Paul something or other.... :-S

Are you thinkning of 'new Michael Owen' Mark Paul, that we signed from King's Lynn?

----------------------Mel Rees---------------------

Marcus Hall---Graham Roberts---Steve Foster---John Sillett

Dennis Wise ---Lawrie Sanchez---Paul Hughes----Steve Guppy

------------Bobby Robson----Ron Futcher------------

He did play for us (and scored as well), put Federico Arias in there, he was supposed to be the ideal backup for Fernandes.

i think you will find he did-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Wise

****k me, you're spot on (sorry about that Saint Martini).

I totally forgot about him coming back under Redknapp!!!!!!!!!

I have only got memories of him as an apprentice on the top deck of the 2a bus from Lordshill in all his FILA gear offering everyone out LOL.

I think LordswoodSaints has a few stories to add from those days (I'm sure he lodged with lordswood's mate)!!!!!

Paul Hughes? Was at Chelsea, looked promising (and scored what I remember as being a quality goal for them) then got badly injured. Could be just my imagination but I'm sure I remember reading we had signed him after his 'recovery' but certainly don't remember him playing.

Paul Hughes? Was at Chelsea, looked promising (and scored what I remember as being a quality goal for them) then got badly injured. Could be just my imagination but I'm sure I remember reading we had signed him after his 'recovery' but certainly don't remember him playing.

Was that in the Branfoot era ?

Other notable future prospects signed by Branfoot were Gary Ferguson a young Irish midfielder from Reading for £25,000.Actually Reading were keen to offload him for disciplinary reasons but we paid them for the privilege,and he was even trumpeted by IB as "one for the future" at aRadio Solent broadcast.

Branfoot also brought two in from Scotland,Paul Sheerin for £7,500 (!),and Colin Cramb,neither of whom made the grade or appeared for us.

Did Eamon Collins ever play for us ?

He was a future star brought from Blackpool under Alan Ball's recommendation,for which we received a fine for enticing a youngster from their academy.

I can claim to have seen him play when he reached his natural level playing for Colchester Utd at Cheltenham in the then Vauxhall Conference.

Yeah I'm pretty certain he was on our books. Late 90s/early 2000s.

Yeah I'm pretty certain he was on our books. Late 90s/early 2000s.

He was definitely down here for a few months around then as I went on a double date with him!!!!!!

Have to say he really did get the short straw that evening. Then again I can't really boast, because the one I was with didn't want to know after one date!!!!

He never played a competitive game for us though and left to go to Luton if I remember correctly, where he did play a bit.

Some big Yugo centre half Drizic sp pictured in the kit but never actually signed in the end? late 80's? Cannot be bothered to look him up but sure he is in one of the Saints books.

Wasn't it Milos Drizic, signed to replace Nicholl but couldn't get a permit. Ended up with Ken Armstrong instead I seem ot remember.

Cosimo Sarli? He scored 40-odd goals for the reserves in a single season about 10 years ago but never actually played for the first team.

My mate used to help translate for him as his English wasnt good, I think he ended up in Belgium never to be heard of again.

Imants Bleidilis

Brian Howard

Justin St Juste

Marcelo Sarmiento (one cup appearance against Yeovil??)

Clearly you weren't as traumatised by THAT Tranmere game as the rest of us. Think it Imant's debut and he made about 6 appearances over 3 years.

Sarmiento played when we got knocked out of the Cup that season, can't remember who against.

The russian latvian feller - Andrai Peryplethokin - now at Derby, couldnt get a work permit but looked top draw in the reserves (and was also amazing on fball manager). Rememeber Lowe getting particulary annoyed about that one!!

Or, Shev as he was known. He was Ukrainian when he was here, but has since played for the Latvian NT.

In this age of Total football with a young team, I can't help but wonder how good we'd be if we'd kept players like Shev, Griffit, Sparv, Baseya, M. Mills and Cranie.

I'm absolutely certain he played 2 games

He joined Nice after us and eventually had a solid career in the Italian lower divisions.

I don't think he was a prolific scorer though, and I've no idea if he's still playing

He came here with 2 other Italians who definitely didn't play

One of them was a highly rated midfielder called Simone Pelanti.

I think he failed to settle & joined Fiorentina, but an injury ruined his career.

The other guy was called Fransesco Atzeni who I never heard of again