Saintsweb Awards 2013

Bearsy

Yo!

That time of year again! This thread is for categories & nominations, then we will do polls+votes later!

Here is some categories and my nominations, pls suggest ur own nominations! (You is not allowed to nominate urself, tokyos)

Edit: Nominations from the floor is in RED

Main Board Sense + Knowledge Poster of the Year

• Minty
  • Monk
  • Kraken
  • Window Cleaner
  • SmirkingSaint
  • ColinJB

Lounge Poster of the Year

• Rallyboy
  • Pap
  • View from the Top
  • Bridge too Far
  • Trousers
  • Verbal

Muppet of the Year

• Bletch
  • Spudders
  • Ron Manager
  • PhillipineSaint
  • Dubai Phil
  • Pap
  • Scotty
  • Tokyo-Saint

Best Trolling (Ur on ignore!) of the year

• Barry Sanchez
  • Glasgow
  • Turkish
  • Alpine-Saint

Sniping Mongboard Hater of the Year

• Turkish
  • CB Fry
  • Grey Crab

Dumbest Poster of the Year

• Barry Sanchez
  • 110PerSaint
  • Tokyos
  • Bearsy

Female Poster of the Year - note i have special prize for winner!

• Suewhistle
  • Bridge Too Far
  • LadySaint
  • Wibble
  • PinkScarf (is bird?)
  • Georgie (is bird?)

Genuine ITK Poster of the Year (This Is Not A Drill)

• VMAN
  • Turkish
  • Glasgow
  • Tokyo-Saint

Fallen Comrade Most Missed Poster Of The Year

• Dune
  • Miltonroader
  • Deppo
  • Delldays
  • Dibden Purlieu Saint

Most Self Important Poster Of The Year

• Suewhistle
  • Turkish
  • MLG
  • Wes Tender
  • Franks Cousin
  • Verbal

Love Story of the Year

• Bearsy ♥ Tokyos
  • Bletch ♥ Big Bad Bob
  • MLG ♥ Turkish
  • Glasgow ♥ Sarb
  • Norway ♥ Ludwig
  • St Charlie ♥ Dig Dig
  • Dubai Phil ♥ ericofarabia
  • David In Sweden ♥ Underline
  • Trousers ♥ Emoticons

Thread of the Year

• Pompey Takeover Saga
  • The Ramirez Off Topic Thread
  • Bearsy Investigates: 50 Shades Of Grey
  • Danny Fox Is A Witch by Barry Sanchez

Saintsweb Moment Of The Year

• When Brett from Camden turned out to be neither Brett, nor from Camden
  • MLG vs Jonas Bros
  • Krakens calling Miltonroader "Relentless Megaspastic"
  • Saintsweb Stream Pikeys Ruin Dubai Football Party 4EVA
  • Turkish getting "rinsed" on the Pasty-Gate thread
  • DPS/Sarb gay nights in Glasgow
  • Bearsy Getting Banned
  • Barry Sanchez thinks Saintsweb is Plenty of Fish

Sorry for any bros I is miss out! I done this just off top of head I will add more nominations when I think of them, or as people is suggest below!

Edited by Bearsy

Can we have ITK post or poster of the year this is not a drill please bear?

Also, you obviously have to be in dumb poster of the year awards. Also, weasel award for people who try to gets bears the ban 2013 please.

Also moment of the year when Ludwig and Norway were having a go at disabled people for them having a go at Laurie Mac despite the fact they had actually said thanks to him, not had a go.

Best impression of an Indian man 2013- Nominations - Sarb, Barry Sanchez and Dubai Phil @ bollywood Karaoke night.

Moment of the year my nominations. -

DPS tweeting he was going to Glasgow Raddison same day as Sarb saying he was there and wanted to meet GS for a bum.

Barry inviting anyone who spoke to him for more than 3 posts to meet for a drink in liverpool.

Bletch calling himself a tit.

Bear getting short ban but still ban.

Chuffed to the boll ocks just to be nominated. I hate you and everyone like you, Bearsy.

It is this kind of relentless sniping that earned you ur nomination, and you are right to be proud!

Good luck in the vote. I look forward to reading continued & even more aggressive sniping in the new year!

**** off with 50 shades bull****, that was last year. Most out of date poster 2013 nominations Sufferingsexsaint, Barry Sanchez, spudgun/spudder for having a rave site or whatever.

Tag team of the year

Tokyo-saint plus furry gay sidekick

Bletch plus 3b

Mlg plus Turkish

Glasgow plus 110persaint

Glasgow plus sarb

Norway and Ludwig (the hate bros)

St Charlie and dig dog

St Garrett and mlg on other team forum

Golfing Phil plus Eric

Swedish David plus the underline button

I just want to thank my sponsors, my Mother, my Therapist, Lee Westwood, of course my old mate Tiger and the current villain of the piece Gordon Ramsey for all their help and support in assisting my career to reach the high point of being in the Top 5 Muppets of the Year nominations.

Obviously, none of this, nor my Tag Team nomination with Eric would have been possible without the generous support of Old Speckled Hen.

I thank you all Darhlings. We must do lunch. Vote for me or Alex & Sierra will be all over your Radio Stations in the New Year!

Id like to thank my mum n dad, tokyo bear, steve grant for making this whole forum a reality and......... Oh

Can we have a most skim read poster of the year for posting stupid long threads without bullet points. Grammar nazi of the year ? A long term over grammar achievement award ?

Mod of the year ? (Barrel scraping)

Been there done, that and got the t-shirt award - the competition is fierce for this one

Dubai Phil - there isn't a golf course he hasn't played on or a bar anywhere in the world he hasn't drunk dry

VFTT - you name it, he's done it and brought an item of designer clothing whilst there

Verbal - whatever the subject, he's definitely read a book on it

saintandy666 - he might not have done it, but he'd have an opinion on it and researched it on the Internet

Bear your 50 shades of being gay thing was last year. 2012 bear ****s are disgusting enough, let along spilling the spunk into 2013. We dont have saints got promoted 2013 thread do we? Where is mlg with the facts when you need him?

Check the rules homosex! None of the current nominations was started this year - thread of the year only needs to be active 2013 to be elligible, otherwise we couldn't have PTS (5 time champion).

Don't be complain bout democratically elected nominations - make ur own nominations if u know better!

Ur new favourite for dumb poster of the year!

Moment of the year

Turkish getting "rinsed" on the Pasty-Gate thread, he was "ironed out" by the self-confessed journeyman John Boy Saint, thus ending 13 years of undefeated mongism.

Muppet of the year

Ron Manager

Verbal

Female Poster of the Year

Tokyo-Saint

Corrections, omissions and errata

Point of order #1 - Re Toke's moment of the year, I didn't call myself a tit, I called myself a twat.

Point of order #2 - Re Turkish's most self-important poster of the year award, no annual list of self-important posters is complete without me. Please try to get it right next time, Turkish.

Thanks bletch, ur the only one using this properly to make sensible nominations in various categories! I will take care of this admin asap.

More nominations people! Too many are my nominations i don't want to be accused of rigging this election!

The He forgot his background and the people who made Him, and turned His back on His friends and now posts more in The Lounge and The Main Board than The Muppet Show award (2013).

Bearsy

And yet still, despite my sucking up to them all year, no-one is nominate me for Main Board Sense & Knowledge Poster Of The Year!!! It's a fucking disgrace yo!

And yet still, despite my sucking up to them all year, no-one is nominate me for Main Board Sense & Knowledge Poster Of The Year!!! It's a fucking disgrace yo!

Id vote for you bear, but I feel if I put you forward for a nomination for sense and knowledge then it would effectively prove I dont possess any sense and knowledge thus effectively removing myself from any form of vote.

Its like catch 22's yo

Mod of the year ? (Barrel scraping)

I'm considering this. My reservation is that the mods are so rarely on here that no-one knows enough about them to make a choice. Chalet used to be quite active but we have a new system where he just quietly deletes my most dumb posts - this is to his credit, he knows deep down I don't mean any harm. I had an entirely random fraction from skint, but i can only assume as a newcomer to the site he didn't know i was making a funny. Other than that, i dunno that I've seen a mod on here in months!

Don't they usually have curry night this time of year financed by infraction fines + fivers?

Id vote for you bear, but I feel if I put you forward for a nomination for sense and knowledge then it would effectively prove I dont possess any sense and knowledge thus effectively removing myself from any form of vote.

Its like catch 22's yo

That's a bit selfish attitude smirking! Don't worry tho i imagine any moment now i will get hundreds of nominations in tribute to my evident sense+knowledge!

I am waiting yo!

Its like catch 22's yo

Bearsy for main board poster of the year :lol: :lol: :lol:

dannysfc is way more articulate and knowledgeable

I'm considering this. My reservation is that the mods are so rarely on here that no-one knows enough about them to make a choice. Chalet used to be quite active but we have a new system where he just quietly deletes my most dumb posts - this is to his credit, he knows deep down I don't mean any harm. I had an entirely random fraction from skint, but i can only assume as a newcomer to the site he didn't know i was making a funny. Other than that, i dunno that I've seen a mod on here in months!

Don't they usually have curry night this time of year financed by infraction fines + fivers?

Yup, whoever has managed to fill there infraction quota is allowed to go, the ones that haven't need to stand guard and make sure we dont completely take over the asylum.

I agree we need to know more about them, they should tell us a bit about themselves, their biggest SWF achievements and any lifetime ambitions. Ive not taken any infractions for a while so dont know if they have hit their quotas, thus opening the door to a Korma filled night of willy-bum fun curtesy of BojGrant enterprises.

I think it would be interesting to find out who the dumbest and most pointless poster is.

To find this what we should do is make a list of anyone who got an infraction for being dumb and pointless. Then whoever has the most wins! This also happens if only 1 person or bear got that infraction this year. Now who is going to start? Or do I need to supply pm as evidence?

Getting nominated in one category would have been amazing in itself. Getting nominated in two is the stuff dreams are made of.

Glad to see that rallyboy's contributions to the Lounge have been rewarded with a well deserved nomination.

I'd also like to nominate the bear's "match preview / playing Tiger Woods while having a dump at work" for moment of the year. That one did make me laugh.

Cheers for noms.

My votes:-

Main Board Sense + Knowledge Poster of the Year

• Kraken

While special mention must go to Monk, THEVMAN and Turkish, Kraken speaks sense and doesn't spend ages ripping everyone a la Turkish.

• Bletch

When bletch can be arsed to post on the Lounge, he's the best poster on there; a conversation killer in the best possible sense. I've seen him shut hugely disputed threads down with a few well-placed questions to the most vocal proponents of any particular argument. It is to his credit that most of those killer posts still lie unanswered, some for years.

Despite bletch spending too much time with the wasters on the Muppet Show (us, basically) - he gets my vote.

Muppet of the Year

• Bearsy

I don't want my admiration of the Bear to get too crawly-bumlick, but I think he deserves some recognition for the resurgence of the Muppet Show. I like the way the Bear acts as mischievous glue for the whole of SaintsWeb.

Best Trolling (Ur on ignore!) of the year

• Barry Sanchez

The poster that proves that knowledge of a particular subject isn't necessarily a pre-requisite for discussing it. Expert on Danny Fox's potential witchcraft. I suspect he's in the running for all-time high posts-per-day.

Mods, can you confirm this? Perhaps produce a little chart? :D

Sniping Mongboard Hater of the Year

• CB Fry

On account of all our run-ins this year.

Dumbest Poster of the Year

• 110PerSaint

Close run thing.

Female Poster of the Year - note i have special prize for winner!

• Bridge Too Far

Not sure if I am doing btf a favour here, considering your special prize offer - but she gets my vote.

Genuine ITK Poster of the Year (This Is Not A Drill)

• VMAN

Fallen Comrade Most Missed Poster Of The Year

• Miltonroader

Milton's ability to spew threads and fish for moaners was sublime. I have difficulty missing dune. Nature abhors a vacuum.

Most Self Important Poster Of The Year

• Verbal

Almost unfailingly condescending and inflexible, with a "Monty Burns" level of understanding of the modern world. Too important to post more than 3 times a day.

Love Story of the Year

• Bearsy ♥ Tokyos

Thread of the Year

• The Ramirez Off Topic Thread

Still going strong. Aiming to solve world peace by 2015.

Saintsweb Moment Of The Year

• When Brett from Camden turned out to be neither Brett, nor from Camden

I don't mind Jamie, but this was a spectacular backfire.