"Get Jos off, he's terrible"

DatSaint

How many own goals has Jos scored over the last two seasons?

We scored two goals yesterday (Rickie scoring one and starting the move that lead to the other) and with our first choice defence that would have been enough to win that game. Jos (not to mention Gazza and Fox) is a liability. Despite the now, highly fashionable, constant Lambert bashing on here. Rickie has probably done more than another player to get us where we are now if he wants to have a diva moment he can ****ing have one. As far as I'm concerned he has earned the right.

You are missing the point though. No one 'earns' the right to do something that is wrong. To have an opinion yes, but it is not constructive in a 'Team' environment to start undermining it or worse the managers decisions.

We all know Jos struggles at this level, and despite playing a major role in the CC season, he is never going to be first choice. But it's not for Rickie, no matter how he is playing or what he has achieved to voice that opinion in public.

And who did Rickie want us to replace him with then? does he not think that the manager and coach see that Jos is struggling

badly and would have replaced him if they had an alternative...which they certainly didn't because as I keep telling you all Maya and José are walking wounded. We are down to the bare bones.

But Rasiak you are completely deluded and must have been asleep all last season. Wally

He had a good record in his first season but for the last calendar year he has a grand total of 7 goals from open play. Grant Holt outscored Lambert in his first season in the Premiership and we dismissed him as a try-hard Champo clogger who was just having his flash-in-the-pan honeymoon moment against defences that hadn't yet figured him out, whilst our Rickie was vastly superior and anyone who compared the two was making a lazy and insulting comparison.

I'll never shout at Saints players who aren't good enough, because there is simply no point. As I say what are you supposed to shout at Jos/Gazza? Tackle him! Save a shot! Come off your line! BE better! BE not simply well out of your depth in the Premiership!....Well? As I've said in the past its like putting your 8-year old child in charge of cooking the evening meal and then complaining when the house burns down.

With Rickie, as you've said, he has previously performed quite well in the Premiership, but at the moment he seems to lack any of the aggression, energy and effort (as well as the touch, finesse and willingness to shoot that made him a real handful in the first 6-7 months of last season. If a player who isn't good enough is playing for Southampton F.C., it isn't their fault, its the manager/chairman's fault for not sorting out adequete cover. If a player who IS or SHOULD be good enough is playing poorly down to a lack of effort/practice/loss of form, THEN I start to get rather miffed.

But what the hey. Some people will be blindly loyal to Rickie forever, as two of the comments above calling him a legend for *****ing and moaning about a teammate have shown and proven my point.

The sooner we give Lovren the captaincy, sign a proper centre-back to go alongside him, get a left-footed left-winger and put Rodriguez who has looked in every way a complete centre-forward through the middle, the better.

OMG. A sensible post!

Dejan complaining to the Captain about Jos and Danny ? Seem to remember this was just after some atrocity or other.

BcHJSFjCQAAQpQV.png

Actually, it was straight after we had gone 1-0 up (you may consider that to have been an atrocity, that's for you to decide). Lovren had gone over to MP whilst the others were celebrating the goal and was passing on how he wanted us to line up in attack. It was well before the "crimes against defending" started.

The most worrying thing here is individuals blaming others. Yes there are performance issues underlying the result on Sunday, but if we're now starting to see a blame culture emerge within the club then we will have bigger problem, divides will emerge and the team as a collective unit will not exist. This is probably an exaggeration of the matter but has the potential to spiral further if we continue as we are.

I think that it is apparent that we do have members that aren't up to Premier League football, but they try and yes we will need to invest again either in Jan or the summer but for now this is the squad we have and it's what we have to support and The manager has to work with.

My biggest criticism of Jos which for me is the root cause of a lot of his problems, is that he is totally one footed and tries to clear or control the ball at times with his left foot when it is 1) almost impossible but not difficult with the right foot or 2) difficult but easy with the right foot. The man is nearly 30 FFS and he still can't use his right foot. He has no excuse as by practice it is easy to kick both feet. I feel that as hasn't bothered I haven't much sympathy for his mistakes which are compounded by being next to the incompetent Fox who has also made no effort to improve his concentration or positioning.

Hmmm - it's hardly the best way to help your fellow player out, right? Further, it's not up to Lambert to choose which players to sub; no player should see themselves as substantially better than their peers or the club, for that matter. This is a policy that worked effectively for teams such as Man United, and I'm sure it should work with the Saints.

With all due respect there have been countless rows at Old Trafford over the years so your analogy with their success doesn't hold water at all....

Further more I don't recall Rickie saying how wonderful he is - he's stating a fact which is pretty undeniable.

This is a mans game and at times all your sports psychology waffle about giving the guy who continually underperforms a pat on the back will not get you far up the table....

Rickie, though having a tough period himself is a winner and indeed a talisman - he is right to demand excellence and indeed replacement of a player who is clearly way below the expectations of this team.....

To continue with the three 'Amigos' in our back line is a down right travesty......

It's very easy to blame individuals when all they are doing is pulling the shirt on and trying their best, playing at a level that they are not good enough for and perhaps even know that themselves. Maybe we should look at why after spending £70m we are having to field players that are midtable championship level at best. You'd think that we have a deep and decent squad by now and whilst our first XI is good when everyone is fit beneath that the chickens are coming home to roost.

Ramirez £12m - rumoured to be going out on loan in January

Mayuka £3m - currently out on loan

Forren £4m - disaster

Osvaldo £15m - the jury very much still out on this one

Yoshida £2m - jos is considered better

Gazzaniga - £2m just not good enough

£38m pounds worth of players that are simply not doing or not up to the jobs they have been signed to do. Out of that lot I would give Osvaldo time and say that perhaps he will come good, even allowing for this that is still £23m of signings who are not what required or not up to the level that is required.

It's very easy to blame individuals when all they are doing is pulling the shirt on and trying their best, playing at a level that they are not good enough for and perhaps even know that themselves. Maybe we should look at why after spending £70m we are having to field players that are midtable championship level at best. You'd think that we have a deep and decent squad by now and whilst our first XI is good when everyone is fit beneath that the chickens are coming home to roost.

Forren £4m - disaster

£38m pounds worth of players that are simply not doing or not up to the jobs they have been signed to do. Out of that lot I would give Osvaldo time and say that perhaps he will come good, even allowing for this that is still £23m of signings who are not what required or not up to the level that is required.

Exactly that. Criminal that after all that money spent the likes of Hooiveld and Fox are still being called upon on a regular basis.

some of you are a right bunch of pussies - have you ever played team sport?? if one of your team mates is having a bad game you tell them to sort it out or get them taken off. any senior player is perfectly entitled to share his views with the captain. its not a charity event for christ sake. you can't have one or two players letting the rest down with poor concentration or effort - jos is in the former camp, he's always only a few seconds away from a major screw up.

if i was lambert i would have done the same, in fact i would have given jos a bollocking to his face - any dickhead with an ounce of talent could have cleared that ball into row z

some of you are a right bunch of pussies - have you ever played team sport?? if one of your team mates is having a bad game you tell them to sort it out or get them taken off. any senior player is perfectly entitled to share his views with the captain. its not a charity event for christ sake. you can't have one or two players letting the rest down with poor concentration or effort - jos is in the former camp, he's always only a few seconds away from a major screw up.

if i was lambert i would have done the same, in fact i would have given jos a bollocking to his face - any dickhead with an ounce of talent could have cleared that ball into row z

You do it behind closed doors so that halfwits on a mongboard cant unpick it.

Beckham was moved on when started thinking he was more big time than the team........

As we're Stam, Keane etc. Fergie knew no-one is bigger than the club.

Don't think that is quite the case with Rickie. Whilst he ain't wrong, I don't like that on the pitch. Helps nothing.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
Bleedin autocorrect!

What was the point in him saying it? What benefit could it have brought to the team?

They are not robots though. Like fans saying it. Not ideal but it happens

I suspect (by the law of averages) some of the players really don't like each other.

Being told you are **** is not always a bad thing

Forren £4m - disaster

Doesn't make good reading does it. I haven't given up on Gaston and from what I've seen Osvaldo has looked absolute class at times. It is very difficult to make a case for the others you've mentioned though. The transfer committee method looks like a busted flush to me.

They are not robots though. Like fans saying it. Not ideal but it happens

I suspect (by the law of averages) some of the players really don't like each other.

Being told you are **** is not always a bad thing

I don't care if they like each other or not, it's basic professionalism.

Not really sure Adam is on the pitch captain material. He didn't have a word with any of the defenders, even some motivation or encouragement would have been good. Lovren looked like the captain.
Lovren should be captain IMHO. Difficult to take it from Lallana though without generating a furore.

I think more people need to watch the video for themselves. You can do so via services like Overplay, the same sort of thing you'd use for AJS streams.

It's not all that obvious that he is saying what is reported, even when you're expecting it. He is clearly annoyed and makes a 'chopping' or swiping action, but the words really aren't clear. This really could be some commentators in Norway getting it wrong... lost in lip-read translation, perhaps.

Perhaps watch it first, then decide whether it's worth debating, rather than arguing amongst yourselves about somebody else's opinion.

My biggest criticism of Jos which for me is the root cause of a lot of his problems, is that he is totally one footed and tries to clear or control the ball at times with his left foot when it is 1) almost impossible but not difficult with the right foot or 2) difficult but easy with the right foot.

Didn't he score with his right foot on sunday?

Difficult to take it from Lallana though without generating a furore.

Just one of those moments where Poch just needs to give him a ring and patiently and politely explain that whilst Adam has done nothing wrong, with the way things are going he feels he needs added leadership in the spine of the team and especially at the back and so for now, Dejan will have the armband.

I'm sure Lallana would completely understand.