The real reason that we sacrificed the cups...

Unbelievable Jeff

All. There is no way I got this from a FB page or Twitter, and I very much doubt myself and GS move in the same circles. Either way, the info given is different. There.is no bonus as 8th was the minimum expected. This is about the increase in pay and contract extension (Mp's current contract is low paid).

I have just returned from a weeks skiing in Chamonix with said friend who has previously worked with this person prior to his involvement in Saints, and also works in the same office as him now. This was mentioned to me after seeing the result come in on Saturday evening during apres ski. My friend is not a Saints fan (Brentford) so has no real reason to lie about something that would be seen as so mundane.

Save all this for the court case, window cleaner is taking this to the top! :lol:

ITK stuff is ok...... But bloody make sure its GOOD news!!!

All. There is no way I got this from a FB page or Twitter, and I very much doubt myself and GS move in the same circles. Either way, the info given is different. There.is no bonus as 8th was the minimum expected. This is about the increase in pay and contract extension (Mp's current contract is low paid).

I have just returned from a weeks skiing in Chamonix with said friend who has previously worked with this person prior to his involvement in Saints, and also works in the same office as him now. This was mentioned to me after seeing the result come in on Saturday evening during apres ski. My friend is not a Saints fan (Brentford) so has no real reason to lie about something that would be seen as so mundane.

the sking must have been a tad boring, you were posting a few times during last week, there again i have posted and read this when i have been away

Assuming, for a moment, this were true and Pochettino was incentivized solely on league position and not cup performance then he would be justified in prioritising the league as that's clearly what his employer wants (or rather, what it wanted when it concluded his contract).

At the end of the day, if Lambert doesn't miss a sitter or Wanyama flattens Gardner (incidentally, two culprits who are very much part of the strongest eleven) we might all be looking forward to the replay and there would be none of this piffle.

Assuming, for a moment, this were true and Pochettino was incentivized solely on league position and not cup performance then he would be justified in prioritising the league as that's clearly what his employer wants (or rather, what it wanted when it concluded his contract).

At the end of the day, if Lambert doesn't miss a sitter or Wanyama flattens Gardner (incidentally, two culprits who are very much part of the strongest eleven) we might all be looking forward to the replay and there would be none of this piffle.

Yep.

An island of sense in a sea of madness.

It was still, for me, a strong team that played poorly.

Our real reservists are not good enough and those that played didnt perform well enough.

A replay that we couldn't handle anyway, not next Monday evening. Not that Sunderland could either mind you so once they scored all was effectively lost. No PL manager with an effectve squad of about 17 could envisage Saturday/Monday games and after that it would bite into international friendles week when we'd have about 4 senior players available.

A replay that we couldn't handle anyway, not next Monday evening. Not that Sunderland could either mind you so once they scored all was effectively lost. No PL manager with an effectve squad of about 17 could envisage Saturday/Monday games and after that it would bite into international friendles week when we'd have about 4 senior players available.

:mcinnes: Play the reserves on Saturday, and the first 11 on Monday.

Simples.

Horses and courses. Wanyama pre injury suited our set up better I think

Only with defenders who are comfortable on the ball and with Morgan to bail him out when necessary. Utd away, if Morgan doesn't run 60 yards and effect the perfect sliding tackle on Welbeck because of a stupidly lost ball then we lost that game.

We don't have any reserves, that is the problem. It would have to be the U21s against West Ham, can you imagine the furore that would cause when they smashed us 18-0 or so.

.......and you're quite right. Window Cleaner.

Back when Gordon Strachan was manager, he gave an interview and said that ..(something along the lines of ....in future we wouldn't have a Reserve side (composed of second rate players and young hopefuls) but all young players and TBH ..... I thought he was crazy. well so much for that stupid idea.

A few years on ....it was Walcott, Bale, Surman, Dyer, Lallana and AOC .....all from the U18 and U21 sides ...and a lot more promising names since.

So the very idea of having players on long contracts just so they could play second class football for season after season ....just waiting for someone to get injured is so out-of-date now.

Can you imagine a team of Gulys', Hooivelds' Forte's and Barnard's.....and a choice of 4 different goalies? ..because that's what you'd get.

The future is the Academy. When I first supported Saints (over 50 years ago) " Reserve players " like David Chadwick, Tommy Hare, Ian White and Davie Paton turned out season after season for " the Stiffs", and hardly ever got a match, let alone a run of games, and very few players got a debut before they were at least 21.

Nowadays ......any player who hasn't made a name for himself by then is moved out to a lower league club. Times change.

Edited by david in sweden