Sunderland away to Brighton or hull

Roger

I didn't ask you a question and you asked me why so I replied.

You are derailing your own thread Roge. You said you couldn't see it anywhere else, which although is not a direct question, it still clearly invites an explanation - which I provided. Please don't get upset and start sending me threatening PMs again :(

It is worth getting worked up over. P*ssed away a very high chance of getting for Wembley for no real reason whatsoever.

It's really not. I am as annoyed as anyone, I really thought this was our year, but looking at who we would have had in the next round and getting worked up over what might have been is senseless.

Sunderland away to Brighton or hull

**** sake.

Had we gone through the draw would have been different and we may or may not have drawn Brighton/Hull away. For example you didn't do the same things you would have done after yesterday's result compared to if we won, thus neither would those making the draw. Butterfly effect.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Had we gone through the draw would have been different and we may or may not have drawn Brighton/Hull away. For example you didn't do the same things after yesterday's result compared to if we won, thus neither would those making the draw.

:lol: Jesus christ

:lol: Jesus christ

He's a proper mental one isn't he? I keep expecting him to turn up on the Undateables. A late 20's guy, on the rotund side, bad hair and dressed in a full saints kit, with a saints duvet cover and quoting stats at everyone.

Had we gone through the draw would have been different and we may or may not have drawn Brighton/Hull away. For example you didn't do the same things you would have done after yesterday's result compared to if we won, thus neither would those making the draw. Butterfly effect.

If we were to be allocated a different number to Sunderland than yes, but if not.......?

Did you really feel the need to explain the obvious to all and sundry AND make reference to Trousers "butterfly effect" post? It is a natural fatalistic tendency for all football fans to see "who we would have got" despite knowing deep down it is both futile and nonsensical.

Did you really feel the need to explain the obvious to all and sundry AND make reference to Trousers "butterfly effect" post? It is a natural fatalistic tendency for all football fans to see "who we would have got" despite knowing deep down it is both futile and nonsensical.

Its not obvious to a lot of people, many people actually think we would automatically get whoever Sunderland got.

Its not obvious to a lot of people, many people actually think we would automatically get whoever Sunderland got.

Those who genuinely think that would probably not have understood your post anyway - I even struggled with it, and I am seriously clever you know :lol:

If we were to be allocated a different number to Sunderland than yes, but if not.......?

Aren't the numbers fixed at the start of the third round, or something?

Being allocated the same number as Sunderland doesn't matter. Saints losing to Sunderland would have knock effects. People's lives would have been altered had Saints won yesterday, including those making the draw. Which would lead them to putting the balls in differently, stirring them differently and picking them out differently.

Being allocated the same number as Sunderland doesn't matter. Saints losing to Sunderland would have knock effects. People's lives would have been altered had Saints won yesterday, including those making the draw. Which would lead them to putting the balls in differently, stirring them differently and picking them out differently.

So you mean if we had won, Rob Lee might have gone out on the p*ss or gone on a killing rampage or something and therefore wouldn't be available for the draw? How would our result yesterday have remotely affected the lives of the 2 doing the draw? I don't know why I'm giving you the satisfaction here.

That's one of my all time favourite posts! We should have a special place for posts like this! It's brilliant!

This

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

Whilst it is true that the draw might have turned out completely differently, it's got naff all to do with people's lives changing. I'd quit while you are behind rather than try to explain the butterfly effect or chaos theory on a footie forum if I were you ;)

So you mean if we had won, Rob Lee might have gone out on the p*ss or gone on a killing rampage or something and therefore wouldn't be available for the draw? How would our result yesterday have remotely affected the lives of the 2 doing the draw? I don't know why I'm giving you the satisfaction here.

Spending 5 seconds longer cleaning your teeth in the morning could end up saving your life (or visa versa)

Chaos theory dictates that you are a gigantic bellend in every conceivable circumstance. Even if we'd won yesterday.

unless you have Glasgow Saint Syndrome.

Sounds like "Unbelievable" has a mate who not only is high up in the club (yeah right) but also posts on a Facebook page that Glasgow has access to!

Having Glasgow on "Ignore" is useless

Ok I have finally decided. I can't stand it anymore. Glasgow becomes the first poster I have ever put on "ignore".

in a way that Glasgow and Barrie Sanchez would be proud of.

Ha ha ha - Glasgow spends the whole match with his finger on the enter key.

Shocking spelling for somebody who posts so much Glasgow!!

Hooray - Glasgow has started another thread.

intending to compete with Glasgow for most threads posted or summat?

Mr X and Glasgow Saint are using the same PC.

image.jpg

It doesn't need to be anything major. Rob Lee on seeing Sunderland out of the cup would have even slightly altered his behaviour yesterday, that in turn would mean everything he did afterwards would have been slightly different. Not just Rob Lee, but it would have a knock effect to everyone on the planet even though it seems trivial.

It doesn't need to be anything major. Rob Lee on seeing Sunderland out of the cup would have even slightly altered his behaviour yesterday, that in turn would mean everything he did afterwards would have been slightly different. Not just Rob Lee, but it would have a knock effect to everyone on the planet even though it seems trivial.

So if we´ve only would have got a freekick in the first minute we would´ve won?

We always get sh*t refs...