2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

You dont like Athletico Madrids top?

This? Its class and ****es all over our kits

http://www.clublinefootball.com/adidas_campeon_13_football_shirt_red_white

I'm not saying they've never made a good kit, Baz. They clearly have. In fact I've got a couple of oldies that I still parade for 5 a side.

But they now have so many clubs and churn out the same old monotonous sh*te for most of them. The same lazy template for almost every club.

There are still some gems in amongst all that; Ajax 2013/14 home shirt is a beauty, for instance. But in the main they just go for a thoroughly lazy and generic approach.

I'm not saying they've never made a good kit, Baz. They clearly have. In fact I've got a couple of oldies that I still parade for 5 a side.

But they now have so many clubs and churn out the same old monotonous sh*te for most of them. The same lazy template for almost every club.

There are still some gems in amongst all that; Ajax 2013/14 home shirt is a beauty, for instance. But in the main they just go for a thoroughly lazy and generic approach.

They dont go for it as its good and fans would buy one and not replace it, if they give us ****e we will buy another one a season or two later, you can not screw up a red and white stripe can you?

They dont go for it as its good and fans would buy one and not replace it, if they give us ****e we will buy another one a season or two later, you can not screw up a red and white stripe can you?

Pony did. Our one was f*cking awful. Had that for 2 years as well.

Just reverse the colours of the Ajax kit.

Even the most incompetent retard in the Adidas kit design studio (even one on a day's work/therapy in the community project) should be capable of that.

Black shorts.

No no no. I don't really like stripes and like the current kit, but if we *have* to have stripes, then red shorts would be good.

Sunderland have black shorts and it looks a little messy and old fashioned. Stoke have white shorts. Would quite like us to stay more red.

No no no. I don't really like stripes and like the current kit, but if we *have* to have stripes, then red shorts would be good.

Sunderland have black shorts and it looks a little messy and old fashioned. Stoke have white shorts. Would quite like us to stay more red.

I would love red/white top, red shorts and red/whites socks = awesome kit.

Pretty sure we had a poll last summer that suggested you were in the minority thankfully.

I would love red/white top, red shorts and red/whites socks = awesome kit.

Not a fan at all of that. The thing I've liked the least about our last two home kits (and there has been a lot) has been the red shorts, followed by the red socks. I'm not overly bothered about conventional stripes, as such, but it kind of stops being a proper Saints kit IMO when the shorts aren't black. Not overly keen on red socks either, it's white or black for me (best stripes kit was the late 80s Draper kit with black shorts black socks both with white trim).

Not a fan at all of that. The thing I've liked the least about our last two home kits (and there has been a lot) has been the red shorts, followed by the red socks. I'm not overly bothered about conventional stripes, as such, but it kind of stops being a proper Saints kit IMO when the shorts aren't black. Not overly keen on red socks either, it's white or black for me (best stripes kit was the late 80s Draper kit with black shorts black socks both with white trim).

For me moving on but keeping whats best of the past is key for me, we are red and white and we have to keep that (or not ha ha) and everything else is up for discussion.

100% this. The post - Denmark late eighties hummel stripes kit was absolute perfection IMO.

Anyone who says we didn't wear stripes in the 80s is a massive spud.

The Air Florida/Rank Xerox etc Patrick kit was a broad white stripe, two narrower red stripes and two white stripes down the side.

The next Patrick kit (Centenary shirt), yeah, that was red (with shiny red shadow stripes).

The "Denmark" hummel kit was loads of red and white stripes in two shades to also create a halved effect overall.

The next hummel kit was bona fide red and white stripes.

Last year's kit, not stripes.

I'm still not buying any of this "kit is signed off, can't change it" crap, it's March, we've not launched until August before. If they want to swap it, they can, just launch the yellow one first.

Nike are where it's at.

47075.jpg

As far as red and white stripes go, that's perfection IMO. Turn it Rank Xerox and, well, don't blame me for the mess.

Problem with that one is that the top half of the back of it is plain red. I know, cos I ordered a blue/black set for a local club in the summer, back is half black.

Anyone who says we didn't wear stripes in the 80s is a massive spud.

The Air Florida/Rank Xerox etc Patrick kit was a broad white stripe, two narrower red stripes and two white stripes down the side.

The next Patrick kit (Centenary shirt), yeah, that was red (with shiny red shadow stripes).

The "Denmark" hummel kit was loads of red and white stripes in two shades to also create a halved effect overall.

The next hummel kit was bona fide red and white stripes.

Last year's kit, not stripes.

I'm still not buying any of this "kit is signed off, can't change it" crap, it's March, we've not launched until August before. If they want to swap it, they can, just launch the yellow one first.

Thought you'd retired from here? You can't resist a kit thread can you.

Problem with that one is that the top half of the back of it is plain red. I know, cos I ordered a blue/black set for a local club in the summer, back is half black.

Now you say it you can just make that out at the top of the reverse. OK, I'll revise my statement.

"As far as red and white stripes go, the front of that one is perfection IMO."

Now you say it you can just make that out at the top of the reverse. OK, I'll revise my statement.

"As far as red and white stripes go, the front of that one is perfection IMO."

Can't argue with a nice stripe. To be honest, after the last couple of seasons I think I'm over the whole "plain panel for the numbers" problem now though... :rolleyes:

Are we staying with Adidas for next year?

We have a contract with adidas for next season, this doesn't mean however, that another manufacturer could theoretically come in and supersede our contract with adidas (Warrior just took over adidas' contract with Stoke City a few days ago).

From everything I've heard though, I would say there's a very slim chance we'll be changing manufcaturer.