Entrada 14

Adidas+Entrada+14+Jersey.jpg

Plus this season's styles will remain in use (we've had 2 of these already) :

Campeon : Adidas+Campeon+13+Jersey.jpg

Tiro : Adidas+Tiro+13.jpg

Squadra : Adidas+Squadra+13+Jersey.jpg

Autheno : Adidas+Autheno+12.jpg

Estro : Adidas+Striped+Estro+13.jpg

So there we go, unless we're deluded into thinking we'll have stripes again for some reason, or are that bothered about who the new sponsors will be, the kit discussion is done and dusted and a good 8 months before the end of this season. ;)

I'm guessing it won't be any of the bottom row.

I should hope not, Brentford have the reverse of the white/red one this season, we'd look like right mugs, like Pompey do this season with their "bespoke" Sondico home shirt, which is the same design as last year's Dagenham and Redbridge Vandanel away shirt.

Campeon in red would have been a much better home kit, although that may be due to me being all OCD about home and away kit patterns matching.

Calling red entrada with white shorts and yellow entrada with black shorts for next season.

Campeon in red is what Aberdeen are wearing. It's not difficult to see that adidas didn't allocate our current home kit style in red and white stripes to anyone else though, both Stoke and Sunderland have other styles and West Brom have two striped shirts in that style, white/navy and red/black.

I too think the home and away should come from the same line. I would be happy with a red Autheno with red shorts and light blue/dark blue Autheno with light blue shorts for next season.

I'd be gutted, the Autheno was what Bristol City wore in 2012/13 (with black on the shoulders), it's bad enough wearing an almost identical shirt to them this season, to wear a two year old version of their previous kit would be a massive p155take.

Bottom left from that lot , anything else "ain't saintly".

BUT: I bet Ajax won't be selecting from that range. Just depends if Cortese - Mr Big in the transfer world - is prepared to negotiate for something special, or will just roll over and be palmed off with third rate rubbish AGAIN.

Not necessarily. All of west spams kits, Sunderlands kits and stoke home off the top of my head are not 2013 teamwear templates.

Also all teamwear designs can be altered ie west brom's tiro has stripes, our home has no wings or seam and a different colour.

World cup kits are worth keeping an eye on for clues.

As this year, It'll no doubt be whichever is cheapest for the club, so as to maximise the amount we can afford to spend on players (presumably).

As for the colour scheme, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we were open to wearing whatever colours our sponsors prefer, F1 style.

And frankly, as long as we're still in the prem, I personally don't give a flying one!

• 4 months later...
I hate to break more bad news to you. But next year we will be blessed with the return of the "saints" own brand kit.

Thanks to none other than mr cortese

OK I'll bite. What do you base that on? What's your source?

I only ask as when we announced the Addidas deal it was stated as being "long term"

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/southampton-fc-are-all-in-839343.aspx

Cortese had one of his many disputes with Adidas I believe. Unless the damage can be undone we will be our own brand I'm afraid

New hand at the tiller, new rules I would say. 'Long term' contracts have a habit of working themselves out, better that then severance fees.

Save the thread and come back with your pathetic comments at the start of next season when your moaning about your new shirt falling apart

Sticking to the adidas thing, they really need to do something about the durability of the sponsor logos, my black shirt is ruined by the aap3 logo not being able to withstand a few washes. (Before anyone asks, on 40 C synthetic setting.)

It constantly amazes me that a great company like Adidas, with its whole aesthetic based on stripes, cannot seize the opportunity of a club, whose whole aesthetic is based on stripes. And do a good kit that marries both. Bad news we're going back to a gumby home-knitted design.

REALLY hope we don't play in stripes ever again. As we all know stripes are for losers (and deck chairs)

Getting the sash back would be the preferable option. Give the club it's own unique look and not just another mirror of Stoke and Sunderland.

Failing that a return to the 'Xerox' era kit would be a nice nod to 'tradition'.

Am I the only one who would be happy with this? I thought it was cool how we had our own brand, and they can't be any worse than the Adidas kits. Most important though, I really hope we get our stripes back.

Meh, liked the last few incarnations and actually like our current kit, was getting so bored of stripes, theres not a lot of variation you can do TBH