2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

If they went for the Keegan kit, it would sell well over double the bet selling kit we've ever had. Even I would buy one.

So would I. Probably on the day it comes out. And sash is only one I've bought in probably 15 years or more.

Exactly the opposite. Lower effort is okay - reminiscent of the famous Penguin shirts of the Keegan era - but still not a proper saints kit which is stripes.

Each to their own, I think it looks ****e.

FWIW the Montreal striped kit is 2013 and will be used this season too. MLS kit cycles are usually 2 years not one like the usual in england.

Also, pretty sure last season's mock up wasn't the Union shirt, it was the Portland Timbers one (cos I did it).

This was last year's Timbers away kit, it has the same deep V neck I dislike on our away kit.

ScreenShot2014-03-07at91618AM.png

Also, the back was completely white which looked really stupid in person. Depending on which direction the players were facing on the field, it looked like there were 3 teams on the field - red, white and the opposition.

ScreenShot2014-03-07at91631AM.png

New away kit this year, which is almost bearable apart from the red to black 'gradient'. Gradients are ****e.

ScreenShot2014-03-07at92417AM.png

First Timbers game of the season tomorrow! Looking forward to drinking far too many IPA's, standing in the rain. Go soccer!!

Is that not their kit for last year? Remember thinking at the time how good it would look in R+W!

The Montreal home kit is new, the away and striped third are unchanged.

Re: another post above, I love that Timbers kit, and I love our deep V away kit - won't expect another of those this coming season though.

I'd have money it'll have a bit of pointless tape across the shoulders though, it's this year's adidas thing.

Saw this in an article in the Echo about Krueger..

In terms of next season’s kit, where many people would like to see the club revert to stripes, Krueger said it was too early to know how that would evolve.

But he insisted he is keen to listen to what supporters want.

“I see my responsibility as the communication, that is my primary goal, and one of the things is to bring the history back,” he said.

“We will give the fans a forum to communicate with us. The interactive communication with the fans is something you will feel very quickly, but let it be honest.

“We are not coming in to be applauded and for everyone to say ‘super’. Let us know what you are thinking.”

I think this is good to hear, personally I'm not sure about going back to stripes but would love a Keegan style kit to make us unique. Let's wait and see...

Saw this in an article in the Echo about Krueger..

In terms of next season’s kit, where many people would like to see the club revert to stripes, Krueger said it was too early to know how that would evolve.

But he insisted he is keen to listen to what supporters want.

“I see my responsibility as the communication, that is my primary goal, and one of the things is to bring the history back,” he said.

“We will give the fans a forum to communicate with us. The interactive communication with the fans is something you will feel very quickly, but let it be honest.

“We are not coming in to be applauded and for everyone to say ‘super’. Let us know what you are thinking.”

I think this is good to hear, personally I'm not sure about going back to stripes but would love a Keegan style kit to make us unique. Let's wait and see...

Send this thread to tellralph@saintsfc.co.uk

Pretty sure the decision is already made, have you seen the ad campaign circulating at the moment yet? Tangible red and white stripes and a couple of yellow and blue bits on there too... :)

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/14032014-home-heart-launch-1421737.aspx

Urrgh. That makes me sick.

Looks just like something Stoke or Sunderland would do.

Bring back the days when Nicola Cortese had the foresight to make SFC the only club in world football wearing an all-red kit. Just so unique.

Think its looking very unlikely that aap3 will be the sponsor next season. Question is, will it be one of our existing ones like Eterna or Sunseeker? That recent interview with RK about 3 new sponsorship candidates is interesting, but will one of them be used for the kit? who knows?...

Think its looking very unlikely that aap3 will be the sponsor next season. Question is, will it be one of our existing ones like Eterna or Sunseeker? That recent interview with RK about 3 new sponsorship candidates is interesting, but will one of them be used for the kit? who knows?...

You'd expect so.

AAP3 can't be giving us much money currently, we're now a top ten established club in the prem, we should be looking to maximise revenue through these sponsors.

You'd expect so.

AAP3 can't be giving us much money currently, we're now a top ten established club in the prem, we should be looking to maximise revenue through these sponsors.

£300k per annum or something like that.

I expect Sunseeker, and this is where the links to Dalian Wanda group came from in relation to buying the club (they were just in negotiations to become the main sponsor). Be a very cool sponsor if true.

You'd expect so.

I'm a bit surprised they've never utilised that great big advertising space on top of the Itchen Stand roof which sits right under the flight path to/from Southampton airport - not the busiest flight path in the world but a potential revenue stream.

Did have a discussion with a friend of a friend when I was dragged to the Megastore after the match on Saturday (everything's half price, which is still a rip off, and no, I didn't get a home shirt, £15 is my ceiling on one of those - the wife got one though, to my vague annoyance). Black away kits are practically non-existent and sold out in all but 3XL, whilst they still have absolutely loads of the crappy red thing, including stock off site they haven't even touched yet. Regarding sales figures, it was made clear that any "fastest selling kit ever" story went immediately to sh!t within a few days, and sales have been completely in the crapper all year.

Anyway, he said he thought they'd have already made the kit decision months ago and that he wasn't expecting stripes, but seeing as I'm pretty sure we changed the away kit design at the last minute last season due to Lotus (and probably their black and gold colourscheme) falling through, I'm not sure that's the case.

As you may recall, the rumour mill had it that aap3 weren't scheduled to take up the last year of their contract with Saints, and as they no longer sponsored any of the junior or development sides this season having done so in the two previous seasons, I'd be inclined to think the story is true that they signed back up with a new one year deal as opposed to continuing the expected 3 year one (with both scheduled to end this summer).

I resisted the temptation to pick up a pair of green keepers' socks for a fiver because they don't have any size 5s (Men's 11-13s), figured one of the other 8 Prem sides wearing adidas would still have them on sale. They don't, and Saints' stock levels are higher for the size 4s than anyone else's too, most of them only have kids' sizes in their lime green keeper's kits.

You'd expect so.

We should be looking to maximise revenue through a zillion partnerships, sponsorships and product placements of all types, just to get our income through a medium which is completely unlimited by the Financial Fair Play regulations.

We should be looking to maximise revenue through a zillion partnerships, sponsorships and product placements of all types, just to get our income through a medium which is completely unlimited by the Financial Fair Play regulations.

Absolutely. I would be surprised if this wasn't at the top of the Chairman's to do list. Certainly above any stadium expansion plans.

Personally I'm not so sure about the assertions about sales levels of the current home shirt, I was told back in December that the shirt was 'selling very well' by someone who should know that sort of thing.

I've also been told not to expect stripes next season (as the decision was made by Cortese before he left in January) but that the yellow away shirt that so many love (but personally I find incredibly dull) is coming back.

Not too fussed about the lack of stripes, think it's ridiculous everyone makes such a fuss about it to be honest, throughout the entire 80s we didn't wear stripes so I can't really see what the big deal is. Also one of the many that love the current home shirt, and think it's one of the best made and most comfortable shirts we've ever brought out, never got round to getting the Black away kit but I think that looks pretty damn amazing as well.

As for next seasons sponsor, Zoopla would be my guess.

Edited by BlakeySFC

Hope not yellow again, looks so tacky. This season's away kit is great. Looks so much more slick and professional.

Hopefully not back to stripes. Another tacky design. Red and white more than just plain red, but not stripes. But hard to believe they won't do it, easiest PR move to get the masses on side.

Can't be any less tacky than the horrendous red and gold we currently have.

Saints twitter and facebook pictures gone back to colour logo rather than the black and silver one. Little things like this are all hints, remember the gold crest in a club statement last season - we've got this change of avatar, home & heart picture etc.. to me shows we'll probably get a red&white kit next season. whether thats stripes or something else we don't know, but it'll make sense with what happened with all the hints similar to this last year. Some seem to think NC already decided on an all red one before he left - could they not just cancel that if true?

Saints twitter and facebook pictures gone back to colour logo rather than the black and silver one. Little things like this are all hints, remember the gold crest in a club statement last season - we've got this change of avatar, home & heart picture etc.. to me shows we'll probably get a red&white kit next season. whether thats stripes or something else we don't know, but it'll make sense with what happened with all the hints similar to this last year. Some seem to think NC already decided on an all red one before he left - could they not just cancel that if true?

In which case Kraken's excellent suggestion could be followed to at least revert the kit back in line with the strips worn in the late/mid 80's. Swapping shorts and socks for generic Addidas black and white ones would be a piece of cake even if the shirt itself has already been signed off.

Not sure if the time scales involved in getting a new kit, designed, signed off and through production ready for the summer would be do-able if indeed NC had already agreed on a all red kit? I'll guess we will never know though! :rolleyes:

Next years shirt will be all red.

Heard today it'll be the 2014 World Cup Columbia away template.

The diagonal pinstripes?

Would probably look okay if we had black shorts/white socks.

How do you know anyway?