2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

All well and good making these suggestions with Nike etc but we have to assume Adidas will be our provider next season, although most of their templates our pretty poor. Watching the City vs West Brom game made me think how simple it would be to change the black in that west brom shirt to white. It is the same template as our current kit only with stripes, only possible downside is the panel behind sponsor

not that i care about it particularly but The9 seems to be in self imposed excile so needs someone to start it of. There is one kit and one kit only that will be popular with 99.9% of the fans and may even persuade me to part with my cash on a saints shirt for the first time in about 25 years. A 2014 version of this please Kat.

70.jpg

375885d1376076568-request-southampton-1980-84-keegan-channon-et-al-keegan_channon.jpg

78981285-sport-football-pic-circa-1980-steve-williams-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=fOqRSGnZREbdOD5U9z9TH7KFfiXpVzjATTrOoKy%2BAZyiKRO9UOkJWosGU2qgXX4vVsQW2bm1CmwraP60g7sssw%3D%3D

loved that kit and design ..would love to have a version of that kit next season.

Swindon Town, Bristol City, Barnsley and all the other forward thinking modern football clubs in plain red have always played a high pressing modern style of football.

We only started with this season's stunner of a kit.

Maybe Fulham or Norwich should change to a stunner plain red kit for the last five games of the season. Safety assured.

Maybe ask Cardiff about that last bit?

Miss the days of the fans vote on several designs, modelled at one of the last home games of the season.

It would be a good touch to let the fans decide on the kit considering that a good proportion of the fans have had an association with the club longer than those owning, running or playing for it.

Sorry bud that looks horrible

I dont mind the other photoshop option with the blue trim, looks quite nice. In general I dont much like stripes at all. This years kit Ive got used to and dont mind.

The away this year is the best we have had for a while.

Though Im not one to judge really as id never buy a football top anyway.

It would help if it wasn't based on a Nike design and a crappy photoshop with the Nike label still on the bottom and as well as having the adidas logo stretched all over the place, doesn't even have the adidas stripes, which are on EVERY non-Olympic adidas kit in the past 10-odd years.

I like the current kit and it has served us well. Having the sponsors logo low key is paramount as well, having the stripes is fine but they all become abortions when there is some companies logo and name across it, would we want stripes and a loan sharks name across it? Leave it as it is

Wonder if it'll be announced earlier with the new board. Must have sorted out whether it's Adidas or not by now? But then there's the sponsor issue I guess. Never seems to be simple does it. How many clubs preview it before the end of the season?

The only piece of info I've heard from anyone remotely connected to the club and kit says they started the process when Cortese was still at the club (he wasn't sure they'd have time to change the non-striped design, I am confident they will have had ages to do so based on last season's apparent last minute changes) and it is definitely still adidas.

This season and last season mate. Plain red apart from small white trim and badge/sponsor.

It was pin-stripe last year, although faint...it wasn't plain red. Wouldn't say this year is plain red either tbh.

I'm sure we'll get red and white stripes back next year though, the campaigns at the club seem to be suggesting we're going back to that.

I have personally come to the opinion that you are a dribbling moron. A kit does not define a side's football. The Rank Xerox kit was not great because it was worn during a period when Saints were a great side. It was a great kit because it was a great kit.

Sorry to cause offence by having a differing opinion of what our original was... clearly warranted that public dressing down and insult ridden post.

But our original kit was a sash (hence the 125 aniversary kit :mcinnes:) then quarters and BLUE shorts being incorporated for the next 4 seasons....

We then had stripes with BLUE shorts from 1896 to 1950, that's 54 years ;)

Stripes with BLACK shorts until 1980 (30 years)

The 1980's had 1 striped kit (Hummel from 1989-1990..)

The from 1990 to 2010 we had stripes with stripes again in 2011/12.

Total years where associated kit had stripes and blue = 54

Total years of stripes and black shorts = 51

And either way, the club played for 65 consecutive years without wearing black shorts...

Since you seem to agree with what I said in terms of our original kit entailing stripes with blue shorts I'm not sure if that means you are also calling yourself a "dribbling moron" ??

And for someone who "personally feels a kit does no define anything, you seem to have got awfully wound up by my liking all of the cortese era kits bar pinstripes and first league 1 kit?

Also, I'm awfully sorry that I liked that Bilbao 2012 mock up of a saints shirt incorporating the navy trim, how dare I like saints' most traditional kit colours :mcinnes: :lol:

You ******* arse :rolleyes:

We had loads of striped kits in the 1980s including Rank Xerox and all hummel ones, and we haven't worn navy shorts (which btw I quite like) for 64 years, which makes it difficult to claim it is Saints colours any more. In fact we've worn black shorts pretty much since that was viable.

We had loads of striped kits in the 1980s including Rank Xerox and all hummel ones, and we haven't worn navy shorts (which btw I quite like) for 64 years, which makes it difficult to claim it is Saints colours any more. In fact we've worn black shorts pretty much since that was viable.

Omg, it really isn't worth arguing about but the only "striped" kit in the 80's was 1989/90. Everykit from 1980/81 to 88/89 was not stripes..,,I wasn't even born then guys come on...

:p

Omg, it really isn't worth arguing about but the only "striped" kit in the 80's was 1989/90. Everykit from 1980/81 to 88/89 was not stripes..,,I wasn't even born then guys come on...

:p

Doesn't really excuse your inability to detect stripes in all but one of the 1980s kits, does it? Also, definitely worth arguing about. Repeatedly. Every other page of every year's multiple kit threads.

And even the 1985 Centenary kit had more (albeit all red shadow) stripes than this year's, which is probably why 80% of people don't like it.

I'd rather it was stripes obviously, but if it's not can it please at least be something half decent. Stripes or not the last two have been f#cking garbage, at least the sash was hot sex.

Yep, exactly this. I'm not beholden to the traditional stripes at all; the Sash and the Rank Xerox were the best kits by far, even the "Denmark" Hummel kit was out there but decent (and a nod to history). But if it's not to be stripes, at least give us something that looks good and means something.

The problem with the last 2 kits hasn't just been that they've not really represented a historical Saints kit of any sort (red shorts and socks FFS), but mostly that they've both been utterly bland, uninspiring and have looked cheap and just a bit sh*t.

Edited by The Kraken

My mate's nephew was playing for Chelsea's youth team in their cup game last night.

Fulham's kit is a negative of ours. Loads of other teams have some variant of our identikits. It's naff.

I'd like to see something classy and bespoke as a result.

I'd rather it was stripes obviously, but if it's not can it please at least be something half decent. Stripes or not the last two have been f#cking garbage, at least the sash was hot sex.

I really liked the 2012/2013 kits.

I'll be sitting quietly in the corner if you need me...

I don't mind this seasons. I'll take the opposite corner.

For me, its not the colour or design of the kit so much as the badge on it

SFC will be SFC no matter what jersey we wear, or who plays for us or who owns/manages us

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

My mate's nephew was playing for Chelsea's youth team in their cup game last night.

Fulham's kit is a negative of ours. Loads of other teams have some variant of our identikits. It's naff.

I'd like to see something classy and bespoke as a result.

Unfortunately it's been like this for a while. The 'big' clubs have to pay a premium for a bespoke kit.

Unfortunately it's been like this for a while. The 'big' clubs have to pay a premium for a bespoke kit.

All the more reason to do it, imo. If Krueger is trying to up the commercial side, a teeny bit of distinction in the form of a bespoke kit would separate us from "teams like us".

Do the big clubs actually have to pay for their main kits at all? I'd be very surprised. On the other hand, I'm sure the manufacturers will only produce non-pattern kits for the big clubs.

Do the big clubs actually have to pay for their main kits at all? I'd be very surprised. On the other hand, I'm sure the manufacturers will only produce non-pattern kits for the big clubs.

I'm not sure it's relevant. There are loads of brands out there that'd love the exposure of the Premier League and the chance to do a bespoke kit. Don't have to go with the big boys, as LFC have shown.

Back in the 1980s all we ever talked before a season about was so-and-so's new kit. Then we had attack of the clones.

Damn you, George Lucas.

Aye? Nike, puma and Adidas pay an absolute bloody fortune to the big clubs to provide their first team shirts. The puma deal with arsenal is monsterous.