2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

Agree. Looks even better with red shorts IMO!

Prefer it with the very dark blue as we used to have back in the old days. More than happy to go back it myself. Looks much better than black shorts. All my opinion of course.

Unfortunately it's been like this for a while. The 'big' clubs have to pay a premium for a bespoke kit.

Do the big clubs actually have to pay for their main kits at all? I'd be very surprised. On the other hand, I'm sure the manufacturers will only produce non-pattern kits for the big clubs.

Aye? Nike, puma and Adidas pay an absolute bloody fortune to the big clubs to provide their first team shirts. The puma deal with arsenal is monsterous.

Yeah, the "big clubs" pay a massive premium of minus millions of pounds to get the manufacturers to make kit for them. :D :mcinnes: Man U's deal is a massive revenue creator for them due to the money Nike pay them.

As an aside, all but one of our 80s kits was striped. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if we broke out a new home kit against Man U, tbh.

Oh, and cheers for the heads up, thanks to the combined wonders of free-for-an-hour St Mary's Stadium car parking and the sharty kit finally becoming cheap enough for me to succumb to it, I've just bought 4 items of kit (including the GK shirt for some reason) from the Megastore.

And the programme from last Saturday as there's a picture of me in it. :)

This concludes my three posts for the day. :(

As an aside, all but one of our 80s kits was striped. :)

Still can't work out if you

a) actually believe that

b) think if you repeat that enough we'll believe it

c) are simply trolling for the sake of it.

No-one except you would consider the RX/AF/DT kit "striped". It may have had narrow white panels down the side (in varying widths depending on shirt size) but essentially it's a vertical white panel - not "striped"

Centenary kit was shadow stripes, visible in close up at the right angle but indistinguishable at distance - not "striped"

Hummel kit had striped sections in it but if asked to describe it 99 out of 100 wouldn't call it a "striped" kit

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southampton/Southampton.htm

What dynamic and modern move for a football club who clearly have a visionary leader.

All Baggies fans are now breathing a collective sigh of relief that they no longer resemble Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday and have an entirely unique kit.

Milan+14-15+Home+Shirt.jpg

This is AC Milan's new kit for next season. What about a red and white version of this:

dont rate this at all. im sure the Milan fans wont either. with jsut the one thick black stripe down the middle it looks horrid. the st georges cross is from their badge but not sure it suits them. imagine if we just had the tree on ours? tho i know that is a chat for another thread going at the min.

Milan+14-15+Home+Shirt.jpg

This is AC Milan's new kit for next season. What about a red and white version of this:

Not great but easily better than our last two fabric abortions. And far better than the Bayer Leverkusen one.

New Bayer Leverkusen Home Shirt:

0nv8ueP.jpg

Swap the black adidas stripes for white and you've got the new Saints shirt...

Horizontal stripes....yuk!

I'd like to see the AC Milan kit in red and white (our red, the AC red is a lot darker) with black shorts and white socks.

Question is, should the middle, wider stripe be red, or white?

I actually like that Leverkusen one, it's a lot better than our current shirt. Personally think the Milan kit looks awful. I know everyone seems to hate the kit we have at the minute (I'm not too keen myself), but I do see an awful lot of them out and about. Bearing in mind I live in Fareham, it's the most common kit at the football training my son attends in Stubbington.

Leverkusen but with white stripes on the arms and vertical stripes in the same colours would be brilliant.

That AC Milan kit is by far the worst suggestion yet. The design is way too busy and looks like someones bed sheets. I also really dislike that style of collar.

All IMO obviously :)

@gangleman on twitter claiming the new sponsor will be announced tomorrow.

'It's not sunseeker #saintsfc'

'@Ekelund24 You'll have heard of them yes'

'@Ekelund24 well it's not Samsung but think along the same lines'

The new Bayern kit is very similar, also by Adidas, and would look good in red'n'white

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/12/fc-bayern-munchen-14-15-kit.html

New+Bayern+14-15+Home+Kit.jpg

Much better than the Leverkusen shirt for us.

So should it have a central red stripe, or a central white one ? (if a central white one then it would be close to the 1976/7 candy stripe kit by Admiral).

Over to you photo-mockers to produce the images.

Still prefer the reverse Ajax though if possible.

I think Blakey is ITN on this and his post last night about the Bayer kit saying "switch the colour of the stripes and that's next years kit" could be hinting that the new sponsor could be LG? - same lines, phones... Get my coat.

Gangles in the know ? How did that happen ?

I think Blakey is ITK on this and his post last night about the Bayer kit saying "switch the colour of the stripes and that's next years kit" could be hinting that the new sponsor could be LG? - same lines, phones... Get my coat.

Correction.

I've mocked it up quick on iPad, but not sure how to upload. It's on my twitter @saint_nick1980

Couldnt get the sponsor great, but you get the idea. It's a bit meh, I like the condivo template and better than this year.

Prefer something a bit more saintly.