2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

I am very disappointed that we won't have an Adidas kit next year.

Back to poor quality

That did make me smile. Not because you're writing off a shirt you haven't seen, made by a manufacturer yet to be revealed... ... But just thought that a polyester shirt mass produced could ever be described as quality!

I've been on the fence on the optimistic/pessimistic divide but this news has firmly pushed me onto the glass half-empty side. I no longer believe that the current board have the ability to run a successful football club. Assuming that everything on the OS is true we had months of discussions before deciding to end our contract with adidas. Fair enough but wasn't part of that discussion what kit we would wear instead? Why wasn't ending our deal with adidas immediately followed by a signing of a new deal with another manufacturer. Instead of getting a new supplier we spent three months talking to adidas and then found out that adidas couldn't do us a new kit even if they wanted to. If adidas don't have enough lead time, surely Puma, Warrior, Kappa doesn't take less, so what are we going to get, 25 sunday league outfits down Sports Direct?

There's also the pledge to be transparent. I can get the reason not to announce the initial contract break, if it was the new board's wish to resume the contract then they could have done it and we need never know, but why announce it now and not in March. Why not explain what the board is going to do now rather than in the next couple of months, it better be within two months, in two months and two days we're playing our first league game of next season. The only reasons not to tell us now are that they don't know what they are going to do yet or they know and know that we're not going to like it.

You might think that I'm going overboard about shirts when there are more pressing matters like our manager and half our team potentially jumping ship but think about it this way, organising a set of shirts for the team to wear next season should be easy. If our board can't even do the easy stuff, can they do the difficult task of building on this team and getting us ready for european competition?

Talk about trying to read between the lines and jumping to conclusions; see post 14 and relax.

Why does it take so long for Adidas or Nike or whoever to sort out, when they've shown they usually just use a template shirt and stick a badge and sponsor on?!

Could have kept the same shirts just changed the sponsor. Home shirt with white badge and sponsor would look so much better.

To be fair, our work stuff is Nike and they have been brilliant.

They have given me so much equipment and clothing in one season than I did with adidas over three years at my last club.

Why does it take so long for Adidas or Nike or whoever to sort out, when they've shown they usually just use a template shirt and stick a badge and sponsor on?!

Could have kept the same shirts just changed the sponsor. Home shirt with white badge and sponsor would look so much better.

Actually looks pretty good. Quite disappointing to see this and then see what we had this season.

2lnjzgy.png30af8sk.png

Here's a mock up I did and posted elsewhere, just for sh*ts and giggles. The photoshoppery isn't the best but you get the idea.

2ppcvv5.jpg

Very nice indeed.

Red or white shorts and it's a stunner - never was a fan of the black.

Before the9 shows up with his kit pedantry, that particular template has a solid red back and it's an old template. As I say, just for something different. As it happens I reckon we'll neither be with Nike next season, nor in stripes.

Another pathetic, low blow from the new board. Tried to "repair the relationship". And people complained about all the propaganda and pr guff under Cortese. Instead of releasing pointless, ****e statements in an attempt to be fan friendly and transparent, howabout concentrating on offering Pochettino and all our key players bumper new deals. Oh no, too busy rubbishing the past.

And despite never being a fan of Corteses behaviour, he was very right to kick adidas' ass.

Another pathetic, low blow from the new board. Tried to "repair the relationship". And people complained about all the propaganda and pr guff under Cortese. Instead of releasing pointless, ****e statements in an attempt to be fan friendly and transparent, howabout concentrating on offering Pochettino and all our key players bumper new deals. Oh no, too busy rubbishing the past.

And despite never being a fan of Corteses behaviour, he was very right to kick adidas' ass.

I'm with Crabs on this one.

Armstrong on twitter (who seems to know more than he's letting on on here):

'As I mentioned to a few on here before, adidas will not be making the 2014/15 season #saintsfc kit after a cancellation to their contract'

KristianSFCOake: '@connorarmstrong Puma? Nike? Umbro? Or not known yet? Hopefully Nike.'

ConnorArmstrong: '@KristianSFCOake It's not likely to be a mainstream brand'

KristianSFCOake: '@connorarmstrong Return of the Home made kit?'

Connorarmstrong: '@KristianSFCOake Possibly. Or someone looking to get into making kits…'

Now my immediate thought when I read this was UniQlo (Japanese clothing manufacturer who makes Tennis kits for Novak Djokovic) or H&M (who also make tennis kits for some Scandinavian tennis players). Other possibilities could be obscure manufacturers like Legea (Italy), Kelme (Spain), Burrda (Qatar), Li Ning (China) or BOSCO (Russia).

Edited by BlakeySFC

'As I mentioned to a few on here before, adidas will not be making the 2014/15 season #saintsfc kit after a cancellation to their contract'

KristianSFCOake: '@connorarmstrong Puma? Nike? Umbro? Or not known yet? Hopefully Nike.'

Connorarmstrong: '@KristianSFCOake Possibly. Or someone looking to get into making kits…'

Now my immediate thought when I read this wad UniQlo (Japanese clothing manufacturer who makes Tennis kits for Novak Djokovic) or H&M (who also make tennis kits for some Scandinavian tennis players). Other possibilities could be obscure manufacturers like Legea (Italy), Kelme (Spain), Burrda (Qatar), Li Ning (China) or BOSCO (Russia).

To be honest that sounds like a mucking fess.

C'mon, get real! If the relationship had been shot to pieces just how long do you think in all your innocence it takes to set up a brand new commercial agreement, supply chain, stocking amounts, size spreads, design etc etc when the new board has been in place for just 4 months?

"Oh it's easy, here's a mock-up, run off a few and that's it , done". Yeah, course it's that easy!

And how do you know that the board isn't doing all it can to keep players and manager? 'Cos Sly Sports say they aren't? Must be true then!

If you're so anti the new board, the new owner, the need for a new strip, the comms being put out, why do you bother? I mean, really?

Now my immediate thought when I read this wad UniQlo (Japanese clothing manufacturer who makes Tennis kits for Novak Djokovic) or H&M (who also make tennis kits for some Scandinavian tennis players). Other possibilities could be obscure manufacturers like Legea (Italy), Kelme (Spain), Burrda (Qatar), Li Ning (China) or BOSCO (Russia).

M&S would be my favourite. Good quality and llong lasting and they will exchange them if quality not up to standard.

To be honest that sounds like a mucking fess.

Pretty much. What I'm saying is people guessing Puma, Nike and even companies like Macron, Lotto and Errea are barking up the wrong tree.

Cortese put the new kit into production, so it is very much his design and idea. Although Krueger supposedly said something to a fan about trying to change it???

I can just see the first game of the season now. Man Utd away, 70,000 fans. Luke Shaw is parading the Jules Rimet Trophy in front of his new home fans. Meanwhile Saints, captained by Jono Forte, are being forced to play in their pants and vest by the PE teacher because they didn't bring their sports kit.

If Luke was holding aloft the Jules Rimet Trophy, it would indeed be a sight as it has been missing for over 30 years :toppa: Instead Luke could be holding aloft the less exotic sounding "FIFA World Cup Trophy"

Here's a mock up I did and posted elsewhere, just for sh*ts and giggles. The photoshoppery isn't the best but you get the idea.

2ppcvv5.jpg

Like it a lot. This with the old. School navy shorts would look exactly like Athletico I know, but it would also look far better than black shorts.

own brand next year and stripes to 100% return in 2015/16. Kit for 15/16 expected to be manufactured by adidas as the relationship has been repaired.

not a lot that wasn't already known (as adidas said re 15/16 yesterday), but reaffirmed to me today

I've been on the fence on the optimistic/pessimistic divide but this news has firmly pushed me onto the glass half-empty side. I no longer believe that the current board have the ability to run a successful football club. Assuming that everything on the OS is true we had months of discussions before deciding to end our contract with adidas. Fair enough but wasn't part of that discussion what kit we would wear instead? Why wasn't ending our deal with adidas immediately followed by a signing of a new deal with another manufacturer. Instead of getting a new supplier we spent three months talking to adidas and then found out that adidas couldn't do us a new kit even if they wanted to. If adidas don't have enough lead time, surely Puma, Warrior, Kappa doesn't take less, so what are we going to get, 25 sunday league outfits down Sports Direct?

There's also the pledge to be transparent. I can get the reason not to announce the initial contract break, if it was the new board's wish to resume the contract then they could have done it and we need never know, but why announce it now and not in March. Why not explain what the board is going to do now rather than in the next couple of months, it better be within two months, in two months and two days we're playing our first league game of next season. The only reasons not to tell us now are that they don't know what they are going to do yet or they know and know that we're not going to like it.

You might think that I'm going overboard about shirts when there are more pressing matters like our manager and half our team potentially jumping ship but think about it this way, organising a set of shirts for the team to wear next season should be easy. If our board can't even do the easy stuff, can they do the difficult task of building on this team and getting us ready for european competition?

We're playing our first league game of next season on July 17th? Who's it against?

Just as a bit of inside info I can reveal that the relationship with Adidas and saints fell apart due to Corteses demands that Adidas make him an exclude 'NC1' range of preditors which included 8 inch insoles.

One thing I liked about the Adidas/Umbro tops was the improved quality of wearing the tops for football training.

Found this badboy creased up in the back of my cupboard and wore it last night, realised why it was in the back of the cupboard. Its material was ****e and made me sweat so much more, horrible to wear. Hope we don't go back to a top made like this one.

football_shirt_19131_1_369x277x1.jpg

The only piece of info I've heard from anyone remotely connected to the club and kit says they started the process when Cortese was still at the club (he wasn't sure they'd have time to change the non-striped design, I am confident they will have had ages to do so based on last season's apparent last minute changes) and it is definitely still adidas.

Hmm, that was from April 24th - I think the most interesting bit about this whole thread is working out who knows exactly what's going on and who is passing on a bit of information with some assumptions.

Looks like Matthew Le Tissier knows up to date stuff. Blakey for instance, might not have known about the deal being cancelled, OR might have known it had happened and assumed that the club was able to sort things out. As for the specific designs, well, I guess someone has to produce a design in case they do go ahead?

As for what I was told about what Krueger had supposedly said about "can't stop the previous year's red"... that suggests the story was apocryphal, or at the very best, that as of a week ago the club thought the only way they could get a kit out of adidas for next season was to go with a plain red kit - and now things have changed. Or it could have just been utter cobblers from start to finish. Because the club have said outright that the contract was cancelled in Cortese's time in charge which suggests that there was never a "red adidas kit" even discussed for 2014/15.

My money is now on Puma, and stripes (though as the bit about Krueger knowing we want stripes was part of the same story that might also be questionable), though I'd have to check to see who suggested it on here and their ITKness. :mcinnes: At least the ST and HOME and HEART campaign implies that the club knows most people want stripes.

Anyway, here's the Arsenal Puma shirt for next season:

pumaarsenal.jpg

Switzerland (nice keeper's shirt!)

New-Swiss-World-Cup-Jerseys-2014.jpg

Penarol (though judging by the collar the striped one is actually the same 2013/14 template Cardiff and Newcastle had)

Penarol-2014-Puma-Camiseta-1-360x215.jpg

Olympiacos also have Puma stripes, but 2014/15 isn't out yet.

Here's Alajuelense with their stripey Puma kit also based on the Newcastle 2013 template:

11908019663_97c6e9d202.jpg

And away, with a design on the front suspiciously familar to Saints fans from 2000.

11908188584_94f780ddd3.jpg

And the new Newcastle away for 2014/15.

puma_newcastle_away_14_15_img1.jpg

Just as a bit of inside info I can reveal that the relationship with Adidas and saints fell apart due to Corteses demands that Adidas make him an exclude 'NC1' range of preditors which included 8 inch insoles.

^ just noticed the time on this - you spent all last night thinking that one up didn't you :)

Was worth the effort, nice one

From what Armstrong has said on twitter I highly doubt It'll be Puma, it's likely to be some obscure manufacturer from China/Qatar/Russia etc. or a clothing manufacturer that's looking to get into kit making (UniQlo/H&M etc.).

So to sum up then. We risk next season having mediocre players wearing crap kit. Never mind parking is free and Matty gets to spout off at the Annual Awards Evening.

I thought it was common knowledge now?

As per mlt originally said and subsequent leaks from the club, the shirt is red and own brand.

Adidas relationship is back on track now on both sides and return stripes and all in 2015. confirmed to me yesterday.

I thought it was common knowledge now?

As per mlt originally said and subsequent leaks from the club, the shirt is red and own brand.

Adidas relationship is back on track now on both sides and return stripes and all in 2015. confirmed to me yesterday.

So what someone is trying to tell me here, unless I've calculated wrongly, is that the bog standard Adidas kits that we had last season need more than 4 months lead time is that right ? This is just a we're going for the cheap and cheerful home made but we're telling you that we're going back to a known manufacturer next season so that you won't think we're cheapskate corner cutters. It's Rupert Lowe all over again.

But we got our club back and Cortese was out of his depth anyway - so some spoons seem to believe....

From what Armstrong has said previously on this thread and twitter it will probably be branded to some degree…but just be some obscure brand we've never heard of or someone like UniQlo who are looking to get into football kit manufacturing.

This seasons kit was great, it didn't have an unsavoury block with a prominent sponsors logo on, it blended in.the sash kit was superb because it had no branding at all, I would love us to have kits without sponsors names on, fans are just walking adverts, about time we stopped buying the shirts until there is no sponsors name on them

I would love us to have kits without sponsors names on, fans are just walking adverts, about time we stopped buying the shirts until there is no sponsors name on them

So a few thousand less shirt sales versus billions of tv viewers the world over seeing their brand on the front of the shirt. Yep, that just might work!:mcinnes:

From what Armstrong has said previously on this thread and twitter it will probably be branded to some degree…but just be some obscure brand we've never heard of or someone like UniQlo who are looking to get into football kit manufacturing.

Wondering if it is a North American firm that Kreuger has had dealings with before?

Sorry when did he become ITK. He is just another fan on twitter.

So a few thousand less shirt sales versus billions of tv viewers the world over seeing their brand on the front of the shirt. Yep, that just might work!:mcinnes:

VEHO should pay me pay for advertising their brand