Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Had Ashley cole been playing in the World Cup IDE say there would be a good chance we would have went through.

He would have probably read both goals specialy the first one.

Ashley cole although a bit of a wally is a great player and would be perfect for a season or 2 for target to learn from.

No brainer in my opinion if he doesn't want more than 50k a week which is unlikely

After last nights performance I hope they concentrate on Hernandez and not felaini , he was dia

I'm not one to judge on a single game, but I really don't see how he would fit into the 'Southampton Way'. Seems to be best playing off the front man but it's all about bullying and strength, I don't see an awful lot of creativity or hard work.

Anyway as others have said, this is probably a red herring due to wages.

I'm not one to judge on a single game, but I really don't see how he would fit into the 'Southampton Way'. Seems to be best playing off the front man but it's all about bullying and strength, I don't see an awful lot of creativity or hard work.

Anyway as others have said, this is probably a red herring due to wages.

the Southampton way came and went with Pochettino really. Don't imagine for one second that the Koeman system will even be remotely similar.

Are there any good players who would want to come to a club that is clearly selling large portions of its talent, and being laughed at and written off in equal measure by the press... this is what concerns me.

3 out the door before even one in may not have been the best idea.

the Southampton way came and went with Pochettino really. Don't imagine for one second that the Koeman system will even be remotely similar.

The differences between the 4 3 3 def system that Koeman mainly played last season, and our "Southampton way" 4 2 3 1 are minimal.

Are there any good players who would want to come to a club that is clearly selling large portions of its talent, and being laughed at and written off in equal measure by the press... this is what concerns me.

It's all about the numbers, since last January in excess of 60 million in and not a penny out. Anyone who believes that we'll spend anywhere near what we receive is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Really? No one barring the utter worst of the tabloids is saying anything of the sort.

Good, maybe Koeman can emphasis goal scoring.

Well the fact that they were doing ball drills and shooting drills first day back (when apparently its usually just cardio etc [according to the SD interview)) is indication this maybe so :lol:

I never really bothered asking, but can anyone actually tell me what this "Southampton Way" actually is/was above and beyond some PR babble?

It's all about the numbers, since last January in excess of 60 million in and not a penny out. Anyone who believes that we'll spend anywhere near what we receive is living in cloud cuckoo land.

You are guessing , same as every one.

Only facts we know is that since KL has owned us we have spent well for our level each year. Always more than came in. We also know the club directors have publically, formally stated that there was money available to manager - before any sales, and all money raised is available for the manager

Well the fact that they were doing ball drills and shooting drills first day back (when apparently its usually just cardio etc [according to the SD interview)) is indication this maybe so :lol:

What running around like dogs at Crufts?

Let's see what happens: hopefully Koeman is as punishing as MP was and emphasises the fitness side. The ability to press is the only way that weaker sides can hope to level the playing field as the WC has shown.

Sorry, not been really following things, and can't face trawling through 40 pages, but where are we on a new left back? Any links at all?

English bloke from Ipswich and a young scot from Dundee have been mentioned I think. Other than that no real news. Same on the CB front it would seem. Still perhaps Koeman thinks Jos is the best thing since sliced bread because he's no doubt fixed him up with a phone and a set of wheels.

http://www.football-oranje.com/southampton-looking-to-raid-feyenoord-and-twente/

One player who will definitely not join Koeman at Southampton is Lex Immers, with the midfielder signing a new deal at Feyenoord yesterday.

Just means they can ask for more money, didn't AOC do that with us? He could have left for just tribunal compensation but he signed a contract and let us rook the Arse for him.

English bloke from Ipswich and a young scot from Dundee have been mentioned I think. Other than that no real news. Same on the CB front it would seem. Still perhaps Koeman thinks Jos is the best thing since sliced bread because he's no doubt fixed him up with a phone and a set of wheels.

Thanks. Names? And that Timothee Kolodziejczak is going to West Ham, is he? I think we could put a team out now, assuming no further departures, apart from at left back, so should be a priority, imo.

Thanks. Names? And that Timothee Kolodziejczak is going to West Ham, is he? I think we could put a team out now, assuming no further departures, apart from at left back, so should be a priority, imo.

Aaron Creswell and Andrew Robertson (Ipswich and Dundee)

Names didn't mean much to me, Cresswell and Robertson was it? There will be further departures, count on it...2 in number at least, perhaps more. Some we won't worry about, some we won't like at all.

I'm not so sure. The club seem intent on ensuring that all of the academy players are coached to play the same system(s) and style of football. This makes sense as it should ensure that transition to the first team should be more seamless. Now whether that playing philosophy will change a bit now Koeman's here I don't know, I'd imagine we'll have less emphasis on the high press, which is one reason I think Tuchel may have been a better fit. However in his first interview Koeman mentioned playing possession football and that requires players of a certain level of intelligence and technical ability, I don't think Fellaini is a good fit for this.

Sky Sports Scotland@ScotlandSky

Sky Sources: @dundeeunitedfc reject two bids from @whufc_official for left back Andy Robertson. Second bid understood to be £1.5M

He looks class and would be a steal for anything under 3 or 4m.

WH also meeting Nice today for talks re Kolo.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Who is this Amy Lewis?

SSN journalist who seems to have become very suddenly clued up on everything Saints. Ralph's version of Jim White? First choice Ralph has made better than Nicola!

Pelle and Tadic signings I'm keen on the sound of, less so Immers who doesn't seem to offer anything that we don't already have in the strongest part of the squad and especially when we have glaring gaps at LB, CB, GK and Striker/s. We've been linked to Aaron Cresswell quite a few times before so not surprised to see that re-surface and clearly on our radar. Andy Robertson sounds highly promising but could be a hell of a risk to throw him straight in as a first teamer. Then again, this forum will moan like mad if we don't buy him and he turns out to be a top player.

Still need a GK to compete with Artur and so we can reach a settlement with Bart, a CB and another striker/wide pacy player. That's with the current squad and doesn't take account of departures by Lovren and Morgan.