Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Hernandez and Fellaini would both be excellent signings.

Agreed. Too good to be true though. However MLT has a decent ITK history so who knows

Is the question who has a s**t haircut?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Heisenberg

Can't see:

a) United dropping their price for him below £20M.

b) Saints paying that much.

Plus I imagine he's on a monumental wage that we couldn't sustain.

This. Seems spectacularly unlikely, and while a loan might work, it isn't our style.

Really can't see it.

Would be a really odd thing to do in the middle of a asset strip melt down fire sale clearout as well.

image.jpg

It seems most fans, other than Saints, are angry about this. Saying that we are the reason why people buy from abroad, instead of buying English talent. (therefore destroying English football, the cheek eh?) It's not like we can help it that clubs are willing to pay these prices? And plus why should we be bent over just because we are a 'small' club?

Maybe a season loan is an option?

This. Seems spectacularly unlikely, and while a loan might work, it isn't our style.

Really can't see it.

Would be a really odd thing to do in the middle of a asset strip melt down fire sale clearout as well.

I don't see a loan as likely either. No real value in it for United, and I'd have thought the new manager would be keen to run the rule over his squad before any big name departures.

Never say never, but I'd be amazed if we pulled that off.

You know the market is broken when McCormack costs nearly 10m.

Ludicrous.

Who wants him for that price? He's a good NPC striker, nothing more. Mentalists who pay that much.

Almost as mental as paying £8m for Snodgrass, but not quite. That's on insane levels.

Apparently part of the utd deal was first refusal on 1 of 2 players , not sure if any weight in the rumour but obviously hernandes as been mentioned for ages but poch still wanting him. And felaini lol

You originally said deals already done made public. Then when mentioning Belgium players it is now it is just rumour ?

Why would they take the website down in order to announce a player signing? That makes no sense, all they have to do is add an article like they do for any other story, not take the site offline.

I know, but I didn't wanna start a new thread.

Any idea how ryan gauld aka mini messi is getting along up there? Some of his youtube stuff looks awesome, though we all know how misleading that can be. The only thing counting against him is that a mini messi is a very mini thing, but I would have still thought he'd have moved on by now. I see wolves of all people were linked to him a few days ago.

Off to Sporting Lisbon for talks apparently.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9367387/sporting-lisbon-make-offer-for-dundee-united-teenager-ryan-gauld

I'd be happy with Cresswell, Ben Davies or the lad from Dundee Utd

This deserves to be here too and not only in the Dusan Tadic thread.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-set-up-transfer-serbia-3795445

Would think the Swansea fans will be livid if they lose Ben Davies to us...

Can't see Ben Davies coming to us, as he'll probably consider it a sideways move.

Cresswell was linked with WBA today in one report.

This deserves to be here too and not only in the Dusan Tadic thread.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-set-up-transfer-serbia-3795445

Would think the Swansea fans will be livid if they lose Ben Davies to us...

We're a far bigger club than Swansea and money talks so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility. Obviously if Spurs are in for him then it's a no brainer for player.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

@MurrayGroves: Burnley have allowed both Newcastle United and Southampton to speak with Danny Ings after clubs matched #clarets valuation #nufc #saintsfc

Perhaps he is right, but its hard to take someone seriously who describes himself in the profile section on Twitter as...

"Reputable established football associate."

https://twitter.com/MurrayGroves

Shouldn't that be for others to decide, rather than labelling yourself in such a way?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Perhaps he is right, but its hard to take someone seriously who describes himself in the profile section on Twitter as...

"Reputable established football associate."

https://twitter.com/MurrayGroves

Shouldn't that be for others to decide, rather than labelling yourself in such a way?

He's confident and classy, I like him.

@MurrayGroves: Burnley have allowed both Newcastle United and Southampton to speak with Danny Ings after clubs matched #clarets valuation #nufc #saintsfc

An obvious chancer account.

Go back tracking his timeline and Ever Banega, ruiz and half the espanyol team would be here by now.

Also Schneiderlin has been at arsenal since last September.... And that's just the saints related stuff.

Edited by Nolan