Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Really? show me the howlers.

He can't - he just makes us negative shyte to try and show how important and knowledgeable he is. He is only second to Alpine in the morose dullard hall of fame; never a positive word to say - the appointment of the new GK coach is apparently "decent" - I'd say it is excellent to attract such a young and talented coach to our club!!!

Alex Crook with another piece of forum browsing....

Alex Goring Crook @alex_crook

Nothing official from #saintsfc but looks like #ncfc and #eng gk coach Dave Watson is Ronald Koeman's top target for the role

He is simply pointless.

He can't - he just makes us negative shyte to try and show how important and knowledgeable he is. He is only second to Alpine in the morose dullard hall of fame; never a positive word to say - the appointment of the new GK coach is apparently "decent" - I'd say it is excellent to attract such a young and talented coach to our club!!!

Is decent not positive? LOL.

Anyway, if yoy google there are plenty of Ruddy howlers on You Tube. Probably lots for any keeper, Ive just never really rated him (which I am perfectly entitled not to).

Marshall was outstanding last year for Cardiff but Forster has a big future ahead of him. Excelled at Norwich in Lg1 and now consistently a top performer for Celtic in SPL and Champs League. Also now well in the national picture and appears to be highly rated in the England camp.

I'd go for Forster, especially with age well on his side (26) but as Marshall is 29 but is / should however be at his peak so tough choice.

Forster , possibly a double deal with Celtic to bring Van Dyke here as well.

Do we need a new no 1? Could just see the scenario that we get someone in, Boruc not happy as wants to play every week so we let him leave then are just back to square one with no backup.

Barely any team has two no 1 keepers, and nobody brilliant is going to want to sit on our bench surely?

what we need is TWO keepers capable of being no. 1 ...and both competeing for the shirt. Things maybe OK as long as Artur is fit and in good form.

...but he was out (injured) for 10 games last season. In 29 apps.(13 of those clean sheets) and he conceded only 26 goals.

.......whilst his two replacements (KD and PG) let in 20 goals between them in only 10 League games only one of which we won, and we lost 25 out of 30 possible points in the process.

If that doesn't say something I don't know what does. Many people think we have no need of another (top) keeper, but contrary to your statement.

.....some stats. I researched prior to last season showed; (at that time)....

THREE Prem. sides (Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea) had THREE international keepers on their books.

EIGHT Prem. clubs had TWO keepers with some international experience.

QPR - (back up for next season) have Robert Green (Eng.) and Julio Cesar (Brazil) on their books.

The season we were promoted to the Prem. we had NONE (only Kelvin Davis). (No disrepect to KD,... and Gazzaniga was no credible replacement).

Sorry .......but every Prem.side needs at least two top class keepers, in case of unforseen incidents.

Edited by david in sweden

Alan Blayney had Intl experience. That isnt necessarily a good judge of a keeper.

Most of the goalies happy to be a no 2 somewhere are at the top clubs where they can say they have won trophies even if they havent played a lot.

Its tough to find someone good who will accept not being a first choice.

Someone like that Beleneses keeper is more likely IMO.

Appaarently, according to 'southamptonfc_news' on instagram, it has been rumoured that we have agreed a fee for axel witsel from zenit for 14.5 million

Im all excited now loool- unless hes a schneiderlin replacement- we are gonna have 4 cdm type players :/

Appaarently, according to 'southamptonfc_news' on instagram, it has been rumoured that we have agreed a fee for axel witsel from zenit for 14.5 million

Im all excited now loool- unless hes a schneiderlin replacement- we are gonna have 4 cdm type players :/

Would be as a replacement.

And a very, very good one at that.

You do realise they signed him for 30 million quid right?

Doubt its true but would be very good signing. Signing someone like that would certainly send a message to ex, current and future players.

Anyone know what will happen with the league in Ukraine at the moment?

Business as usual...?

Even if they play as usual players might wanna leave the country.....

In Dynamo Kyiv there are some good names. Old target Lens, Younes Belhanda, Yarmolenko....(yeah yeah I know).....a few (oh well) Brasilians at Shaktar....

I'm not saying the Witsel thing is true. But possible reasons for wanting out include the bad blood between higher paid foreigners and Russian players, racism from fans (home too), it's cold. No, really cold.

I suspect he will leave Russia after the world cup, and probably to the prem (he issued a 'come and get me plea' late last year) but I very much doubt for us!

I suspect Hulk will also leave Zenit. Both for 'cut price fees: too I would think (ie still stupid money but less than Zenit paid).

Wages always gonna be the issue with teams outside the top four/CL now.

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Wouldn't have expected Watson to be gettable, incredibly highly regarded in the game. very good work saints.

And along with Koeman. Also highly regarded.

Credit must surely go to the combination of Krueger and Reed for securing such high profile and respected senior staff?

It remains to be seen if its echoed with player acquisitions and development, of course. But it looks positive to me.

Koeman likes fielding physical, athletic sides. A lot of the players we are being linked with are monsters. A team that included Forster, Van Dijk, Witsel, and Pelle would beat the living daylights outs of Liverpool and Spurs. With Artur battling it out for the no. 1 jersey, it would be worth welcoming Osvaldo back as in KO impact sub ;-)

And along with Koeman. Also highly regarded.

Credit must surely go to the combination of Krueger and Reed for securing such high profile and respected senior staff?

It remains to be seen if its echoed with player acquisitions and development, of course. But it looks positive to me.

Indeed it does. Far too many people are passing judgement way before all the evidence has been heard ...as usual! After all, the Koemans et al have not even started work yet officially.

Koeman likes fielding physical, athletic sides. A lot of the players we are being linked with are monsters. A team that included Forster, Van Dijk, Witsel, and Pelle would beat the living daylights outs of Liverpool and Spurs. With Artur battling it out for the no. 1 jersey, it would be worth welcoming Osvaldo back as in KO impact sub ;-)

Wouldn't say it suits Lallana then, which is maybe a reason he was signed off on?

All positive moves so far I would say. I'm very excited about the future personally.

Is it feasible that several of the players we are about to sign are still very much involved in the World Cup ?

Hence the reason they haven't put pen to paper yet .

How about samaras of Greece and Celtic ?

Um, no thanks.

We wouldnt be buying players of that price range without selling shaw abnd lallana..

I've slept on it and realised there is surely no chance of getting him (would absolutely love to eat my words on this one). At 14m, would probably the best worldwide signing of the year - unless he's a troublemaker or has a strong inclination to play under Koeman and this first chance that RK has had the money to make it happen, I can't see why he would even consider coming to us.