Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

I wouldn't be to fussed losing Fonte to be honest, for me he is rash and always got an error in him, easily replaced with better.

Cork I wouldn't want to lose, solid player, extremely unlucky to have schneiderlin and Wanyama playing in same position.

Not sure if this was already posted earlier (apologies if so) but i saw in the Times that we were linked with Matt Jones the Beleneses goalkeeper to be our no.2.

Nice article on him from the fail last year - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2508152/Matt-Jones--Belenenses-goalkeeper-benefiting-moving-Portugal.html

Edited by Convict Colony

It would be such a backward step to lose a player of Cork's quality, but at his age he needs to be playing every week and i'm not sure we could guarantee that.

What bothers me about Cork is he only knows how to pass backwards. Poch loved possession football so Cork would pass back and forth in the Saints half, passing to Fonte or Lovren most often and would never press forward. I'm hoping Koeman places an emphasis on goal scoring through quick plays and through passes. Maybe it was just how he fit in Poch's system but I hope he can do more with Koeman.

What bothers me about Cork is he only knows how to pass backwards. Poch loved possession football so Cork would pass back and forth in the Saints half, passing to Fonte or Lovren most often and would never press forward. I'm hoping Koeman places an emphasis on goal scoring through quick plays and through passes. Maybe it was just how he fit in Poch's system but I hope he can do more with Koeman.

From what I can gather, Koeman's style is much more direct, but not from long balls. Very much always look for the forward pass, exploit the flanks, pacy players. Going to be a big contrast from last couple of seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be to fussed losing Fonte to be honest, for me he is rash and always got an error in him, easily replaced with better.

Cork I wouldn't want to lose, solid player, extremely unlucky to have schneiderlin and Wanyama playing in same position.

People keep trotting this out with regards to players including Shaw and Lallana on here and now Fonte? If he is easily replaceable with better why has he survived here for 4 years as a first team player despite a number of other CB's coming in?! Madness, deserves a new contract as does Cork. Sort it out board!

People keep trotting this out with regards to players including Shaw and Lallana on here and now Fonte? If he is easily replaceable with better why has he survived here for 4 years as a first team player despite a number of other CB's coming in?! Madness, deserves a new contract as does Cork. Sort it out board!

Because we have reinforced other areas, not a endless pot of money, our back four of last season was (for arguments sake) clyne, fonte, lovren and shaw, whose the weak link in that?

Lets go Dutch! de vrij, martins ini and Blind.

Would be good, and throw in Clasie to keep them company as well.

Looks class. Heading to Liverpool apparently.

So with him and Shaqiri presumably they have no need for Lallana then. Glad that's sorted.

Not rumours as such, but two names that have reached me recently as potential Shaw replacements: Nicolai Boilesen and Jetro Willems. Both play in the Netherlands, almost certainly known to Koeman, both young and have fledgling or potential International careers. I know nothing about either, but their names have reached me so thought I'd pass them on.

Not rumours as such, but two names that have reached me recently as potential Shaw replacements: Nicolai Boilesen and Jetro Willems. Both play in the Netherlands, almost certainly known to Koeman, both young and have fledgling or potential International careers. I know nothing about either, but their names have reached me so thought I'd pass them on.

Nicolai Boilesen has been linked with us before. Can remember the name.

Quite a sweeping generalisation to think just because they are Serb and Croat they wouldn't get on.

I wasn't being entirely serious, but certainly not something to be dismissed either given their recent histories and law-suits of genocide filed against one another.

First two games against each other as sovereign nations were only last year in the WC qualifiers. Things got a bit tasty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAgfdKUz1LY

Edited by Toon Saint