Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Would imagine the expected sales have changed things as we need to replace those players too.

In the end we could well spend a lot this summer without putting any of our own money in.

We shall see, not expecting anywhere near as much to be spent myself, to me 35 million would be a decent figure, depends who we sell, really can't see a mass exodus. Morgan and Dejan of the "good" players, Osvaldo on loan and Gaston of the others. Can't see anyone paying the ridiculous fees for Shaw or Lallana so unless we're going to back down on that it won't happen.

Then it depends how many sales are factored in -Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Schneiderlin. More than £70m there alone.

Assuming what Ms Amy said is true, I read it as £70M before player transfers but that is also contrary to rumors that all player sales will go into the transfer budget (the £90M bit).

Then it depends how many sales are factored in -Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Schneiderlin. More than £70m there alone.

Depends who actually goes I guess.

Agree with Hypo we could well need up to 7 and Reed did say sales money would be reinvested but no way its 70m plus the sales money on top - Krueger talked about sustainability etc so that wouldnt add up.

As long as we spend enough to compensate for any departures and improve last seasons weak backup areas then that will do. Easier said than done though.

Assuming what Ms Amy said is true, I read it as £70M before player transfers but that is also contrary to rumors that all player sales will go into the transfer budget (the £90M bit).

Not a chance in hell that we would have spent 70m this summer if we retained all current players.

Where would this money come from? Remember the TG and existing transfer costs too, that would be well over £100m.

Could only have an outlay like that if we have big money coming in.

Sky woman on Twitter @SkySportsAmy

I'm told Koeman will be handed up to £70m to spend on transfers by Southampton who expect to raise up to 90m if they sell star players

I predict an Alex Crook story to break about this later on today...

I've been trying to post for 4 hours, it's annoying working off of a dongle.

According to my source, Lucius, (yes, we'll call him that today), Man U put in a 30 mill offer for Luke Shaw.

They were met with a curt, fargoff.

raised it to 32

Still fargov

Suggested 37

Told to go away as staff are preparing for the England game tonight.

BUT, Lucius has some paperwork to ponder over regarding four of our players if the offer is acceptable, but nothing will supposedly happen for at least two weeks, if not longer. But the prices of some will go through the roof.

On the table, three at the back, three in the middle, two up the front have all had speculation around them, but had big fat 'thanks for asking, not at this time' thrown back to the clubs.

Not a chance in hell that we would have spent 70m this summer if we retained all current players.

Where would this money come from? Remember the TG and existing transfer costs too, that would be well over £100m.

Could only have an outlay like that if we have big money coming in.

Kat's personal motto is "balls to the wall." She'll sell a few of those big dump trucks her family makes and before you know it Cristiano Ronaldo will be looking for a house in Hampshire.

Edited by Saint_Abroad

Maybe KL is so pi**ed off with MP and NC that she has decided to invest more in the transfer budget to try to get us to the next level and compete with Spurs and is not worried of overspending this summer.

If Lovren, Shaw and Lallana all leave this summer it would not surprise me if we end up spending £100 million+ on 7 new players

On the table, three at the back, three in the middle, two up the front have all had speculation around them

Seems odd. We havent got two front players who are fit and who we wouldn't want to sell. Gallagher possibly, but no-one is going to buy Rodriguez atm and we'd say "yes, please, now" to any enquiries for Osvaldo, Mayuka or Sharp.

I've been trying to post for 4 hours, it's annoying working off of a dongle.

According to my source, Lucius, (yes, we'll call him that today), Man U put in a 30 mill offer for Luke Shaw.

They were met with a curt, fargoff.

raised it to 32

Still fargov

Suggested 37

Told to go away as staff are preparing for the England game tonight.

BUT, Lucius has some paperwork to ponder over regarding four of our players if the offer is acceptable, but nothing will supposedly happen for at least two weeks, if not longer. But the prices of some will go through the roof.

On the table, three at the back, three in the middle, two up the front have all had speculation around them, but had big fat 'thanks for asking, not at this time' thrown back to the clubs.

So we have 4 players that we actually want to sell (or even loan out) if the terms are right and a whole lot that we don't. Don't need to be a genius to know we want to get shot of Osvaldo,Sharp,Jos and Mayuka really.

A South American playing in Serie A ? Think I'd pass on that one from our previous experience. Especially the tatooed ponytailed variety.

A complete non-starter, doesn't seem to be a dual national, doesn't seem to be a Brazil regular, doesn't seem to be very good...thus won't get a work permit. Italian agent bolloaks...move on.

A complete non-starter, doesn't seem to be a dual national, doesn't seem to be a Brazil regular, doesn't seem to be very good...thus won't get a work permit. Italian agent bolloaks...move on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_S%C3%A9rgio_Betanin

He also holds Italian passport through Venetian descent.

Agree with your other observations though :)

Italian Journo:

Good player, great fighter, can score in different ways, also from outside of the box. Not top-tier talent, probably 12-15 goals.

I would say he is worth 7-8m, 10m a bit high. I think he can adapt, very physical

Di Marzio links usually pretty reliable, he was the first to report all the Osvaldo and Ramirez movements so wouldnt write off as agent talk.

Italian Journo:

Good player, great fighter, can score in different ways, also from outside of the box. Not top-tier talent, probably 12-15 goals.

I would say he is worth 7-8m, 10m a bit high. I think he can adapt, very physical

Di Marzio links usually pretty reliable, he was the first to report all the Osvaldo and Ramirez movements so wouldnt write off as agent talk.

In fact it's exactly the sort of crap selling plater we do need to be writing off, let him go to the UAE or wherever it is that they want to pay 10 million€ for him, will do nothing in the PL, I thought we'd have learned our lesson by now. We do not need to be paying 7 million£ for Italo-Brazilian no hopers. FFS

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/southampton-en-sevilla-melden-zich-voor-tadic.htm

The well respected Voetbal International also believe we want Tadic, but face competition from Sevilla, who want him as a replacement for Rakitic. Howver Sevilla won't meet the 12 million Euro valuation. At least that is what I gathered from this google translation

Play around Dusan Tadic starts to get going. Southampton and Seville are still the most serious candidates to buy. 25-year-old star striker of FC Twente

The club from the Premier League next season which is trained by Ronald Koeman, volunteered last week through an intermediary in the management of Tadic. Thereby was discussed conditions under which the international of Serbia can be taken over.

FC Twente requests a transfer fee of more than twelve million Tadic, who this season in the Eredivisie was good for sixteen goals and fourteen assists. That amount is still too much for Seville, which he has in mind as a replacement for the Barcelona attracted by Ivan Rakitic.

A financial arrangement with the Doyen Sports Group to make the transfer of Tadic to La Liga still possible. The investment company recently signed a partnership with the Enschede and this season was also a sponsor of Seville. As part of the agreement with FC Twente is a portion of future income transfers administered by Doyen.