Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Would be good a have something approaching reality about transfers coming in but I expect that is impossible

No South Americans please as they dont seem to perform well at St Mary's - Delgado Ramiriez Osvaldo I think he was originally from South America

But Scandinavia or old Yugoslavia are good ie Svensson Svensson Niemi Pahars Golac Louvren

Would love to get Cork and Fonte signed up to start with. Would expect these to be secured pretty quickly once the players are back from holiday.

I suspect that IF they are to receive new deals, those deals will be ready to go although possibly not rubber stamped by Koeman. I'm not convinced either will be retained - Fonte the most likely of the two I would imagine.

Would love to get Cork and Fonte signed up to start with. Would expect these to be secured pretty quickly once the players are back from holiday.

Cork yes please. Fonte not bothered about - He would be a good back up at CB but I hope he isnt a regular at CB. Makes too many errors.

Cork yes please. Fonte not bothered about - He would be a good back up at CB but I hope he isnt a regular at CB. Makes too many errors.

How many errors did he make last season actually?

If we're losing the likes of Lovren, Lallana, Shaaw, Lambert - then it's imperative we keep Fonte and Cork - solid, dependable and reliable players.

If we're losing the likes of Lovren, Lallana, Shaaw, Lambert - then it's imperative we keep Fonte and Cork - solid, dependable and reliable players.

Exactly this. We need to keep all the continuity possible, despite losing key players. Cork and Fonte are a must, and have been the backbone for the last few years. Get them signed up I say.

Here's for a start ...............

Norwich at home 15 Mar 2014 - Southampton almost threw away a three goal lead as they held on to ... five minutes remaining, prodded home after a mistake by Jose Fonte .

Man City 6 Apr 2014 - So lets look at where Saints went wrong, the first error was were Jose Fonte found himself caught out of position after only two minutes,

Here's for a start ...............

Norwich at home 15 Mar 2014 - Southampton almost threw away a three goal lead as they held on to ... five minutes remaining, prodded home after a mistake by Jose Fonte .

Man City 6 Apr 2014 - So lets look at where Saints went wrong, the first error was were Jose Fonte found himself caught out of position after only two minutes,

Arsenal Penalty. That's 3.

My point here is we must keep Fonte, part of squad depth and one of our players who are still with us from the days of League 1

Lovable guy and am sure he can be a inspiration for some.

Plus who can we get for 3 million thats his standard if we do sell him?

Arsenal Penalty. That's 3.

My point here is we must keep Fonte, part of squad depth and one of our players who are still with us from the days of League 1

Lovable guy and am sure he can be a inspiration for some.

Plus who can we get for 3 million thats his standard if we do sell him?

We need to keep Fonte as back up, add to Lovren and release Jos and Maya.

Was often better than Lovren last season, got him out of jail on several occasions. Made very few costly mistakes over the course of the season. Mad if you are not bothered about losing Fonte.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/southampton-en-sevilla-melden-zich-voor-tadic.htm

The well respected Voetbal International also believe we want Tadic, but face competition from Sevilla, who want him as a replacement for Rakitic. Howver Sevilla won't meet the 12 million Euro valuation. At least that is what I gathered from this google translation

Would be a good buy and an absolute steal for 12 million euros. Not sure where Koeman thinks he would play though since he's a left winger/left sided attacking midfielder.

I would lose any respect for people involved in letting Fonte or Cork go. How easy to come by are consistent quality premier league performers?

Cork especially has been excellent and provides a great option. If he left and we bring in some journeyman from the dutch league I'll be gutted.

Surely the first job of people at the club is to show Koeman every single match from last season and how well all these players have done? With some coaching staff left I wonder how much of this happens? Who is there to say what the strengths/weaknesses of the squad are? I'm sure Koeman watches lots of premier league but still doubt he knows much at all about most our squad.

Losing them would anger me more than losing Lallana - getting them on new contracts is the ultimate low-hanging fruit. Low maintenance, proven premiership players don't grow on trees -regardless the fact that they know our system inside out.

Awh, but if you had posted the link, that would have made 'multiple sources' linking to it. That's enough to make it gospel on here!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I didn't want to be considered the Alex crook of the forum, posting things 30 minutes after someone else had.

Was often better than Lovren last season, got him out of jail on several occasions. Made very few costly mistakes over the course of the season. Mad if you are not bothered about losing Fonte.

This.

I was concerned about Fonte at the beginning of last season but towards the end he was the better of the two CBs, in my opinion.

they had crap seasons by their standards.

both managers who started the season, failed to finish it

So it was the fault of the managers, not the number of players they signed?

Or were the managers sacked because they signed so many players? Surely the boards had to sanction the signings?

This.

I was concerned about Fonte at the beginning of last season but towards the end he was the better of the two CBs, in my opinion.

Dont think so, as I said earlier:

Dont think so, as I said earlier:

Professional footballer in making mistake shocker.

Fonte was rated higher than Lovren by at least 2 "stat" counters over the season. Opta and someone else (can't remember who, too many beers)

Professional footballer in making mistake shocker.

Fonte was rated higher than Lovren by at least 2 "stat" counters over the season. Opta and someone else (can't remember who, too many beers)

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, I think Fonte is good as a back up for CB but not 1st choice. (Still better the Jos though!)