Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

People need to get the idea of Witsel out of their head. It was started by the biggest wind up merchant of all time 'Rocket Swannie'. We will NOT be signing Witsel.

Disclaimer: if by some miracle we ever ended up signing him I am more than happy to be proved wrong.

http://www.fr-fans.nl/nieuws/update-pelle-gewoon-op-training-aanwezig-12227/

It does not look as though the transfer of Graziano Pelle to Southampton on Monday will be completed. The club of the English club was still busy on Sunday night because negotiating with Feyenoord, reports the Telegraph.

A transfer of the Italian striker seems, however, to take place. Expected Pellè will be for an amount of more than ten million to make the move to England. At Southampton he can again work with coach Ronald Koeman .

Updated: 10:12 am That the transfer of Graziano Pelle today is going to be not completed seems clear. The flamboyant Italian is just attended the training Varkenoord.

FWIW With regards to what looks like the imminent departure of Dejan Lovren, both Caulker and Kongolo are names mentioned periodically as potential incoming replacement at CB ~ and both represented by the Stellar group.

If you want to know more about why certain names crop up as either transfer targets or are "agitating to leave" in various ways then its sometimes a good idea to check out who the agent is for either or both.

Saints have regular dealings with many Agents ~ and Stellar represent a number of current Saints players ATM.

Pelle and Tadic would go a long way to soothing the pain as things stand. We'd only be one-down as things stand on this summers lunacy, and probably one of the young players is going to come through.

After that it should be one-out, one-in, plus we need to look at an additional GK, CB and striker at some point.

On top of everything else.....one of the more obscure sites has quoted us as back in the hunt for John Guidetti. (Man.City). Best news all year.

Now 22, he was a real find (from the Swedish Academy club Brommapojkarna. Played at U18 level here, before he was signed by Man.City 4 years ago (?) and was star of their Youth sides for a couple of seasons. Citeh loaned him out to .. Feyernoord......(now where have we heard that name before ?).....where he scored 20 goals in a season (during RKs time there.)

He developed some type of food-poisoning/chemical allergy which kept him out a long while. Back in England he was loaned out to Stoke last season, but Mark Hughes only used him for 10 min. sub apps.

This lad is really great (type : James Beattie).... and Swedes still talk about him as a future international . If true, I'd really look forward to seeing him play again.

Pelle and Tadic would go a long way to soothing the pain as things stand. We'd only be one-down as things stand on this summers lunacy, and probably one of the young players is going to come through.

After that it should be one-out, one-in, plus we need to look at an additional GK, CB and striker at some point.

Yep, with Targett stepping up as first-choice LB (hopefully only temporarily if we sign someone else) and Pelle and Tadic joining, we'd be on a relatively even keel and will bring a bit more stability to our dealings. With you on needing an additional CB, striker (preferably one with pace), and GK.

I really can't see J-Rod moving while still recovering from a ACL injury - that would really prove Levy is an imbecile - and hold out hope that Koeman can convince Morgan to stay. Dejan will most probably leave, I just hope we can get someone like Barcelona to cough up stupid money for him.

Some of the names being mentioned are getting rather silly and I wish people would think before getting their hopes up.

Witsel? Why on earth would Zenit sell him for less than half of what they paid? He is also currently playing CL football and must be earning ridiculous money there.

Hernandez? Hasn't improved in last two years and isn't half as good as everyone seems to think. Could we really afford his wages which are likely to be 60k +. Do we really want to?

Saw a post on twitter yesterday from Itchen Dan claiming because Koeman is following Clasie on twitter maybe we will bid, which put more onus on some stupid social media link than the fact that Koeman actually managed him. Much bigger clubs will be circling for his signature than us, but apparently twitter contacts now give signals of impending bids. FFS.

Edited by Toon Saint

Saw a post on twitter yesterday from Itchen Dan claiming because Koeman is following Clasie on twitter maybe we will bid, which put more onus on some stupid social media link than the fact that Koeman actually managed him. Much bigger clubs will be circling for his signature than us, but apparently twitter contacts now give signals of impending bids. FFS.

In fairness to Dan I think he did admit it was a tenuous link.

I know everyone got excited about the fake Witsel rumours, but honestly, would he be worth the 30m fee and mega wages? I don't see it. Even with Morgan CM wouldn't be the main priority. I'm still looking forward to JWP and Reed getting more chances, both look potentially very good and what's the point if they never get games? Add in Davis, Cork and Wanyama and it's very reliable options. And dare I say Ramirez in front of them.

Morgan is one of my favourite players, all round our best IMO, but at the same time, the area we are strongest in.

Now me i would have thought the main priority will be players that Koeman wants to have in his team. Now we know, or suspect that we know anyway,that keeping Shaw and Lallana was not a strong priority for him, LR told us that the new manager's decision would be final, so the fact that they're gone means he was non-plussed at best about them.

We'll see about the others.

In fairness to Dan I think he did admit it was a tenuous link.

I didn't say he was signing or anything to the effect, literally saw Koeman was following him and just stated the fact.

All I said was...

@danbsfc: Hmm, @Koeman1963 is following Jordy Clasie. Fancy bringing him to #SaintsFC? ?

Simply pure observation, Anyway, why wouldn't he come here in all seriousness? Any standout reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's more likely he weighed up 'keeping unhappy players versus huge transfer pot'.

It's annoying losing good players, and I don't see any way he'd have wanted to lose them, but it's equally difficult for a new manager to start with an unhappy camp with players wanting out. He'll want a squad committed and buying into his ideas, which is understandable. Least with £70m or whatever, he'll get that.

All means that whatever happens this season, it's pretty much down to Koeman. No excuses for a relegation struggle IMO. I don't expect improvement with all the upheaval and change, but I do expect 9th-12th to be honest.

Well I expect a struggle. It's OK having money to spend but that's only because we've sold that amount of quality so if we raise 90M then we'd need a 90M outlay just to stand still. Add in the fact that last season MP benefitted from the fact that the team had a stable base and were used to the style and playing with each other - in some ways buying an almost complete new team puts us in a worse situation than we first got promoted.

So, we'll have a new team getting used to each other and the league, and a new manager doing the same - it's not exactly a blueprint for a successful season. The other thing is that we'll be unlikely to replace the players who leave with the same or better quality - I know Les has said that's going to be the case but then he would say that. Realistically we'll be buying from the next rung down and hoping they come off and best case scenario is they perform as well as their predecessors which is a big ask to expect that of all the new signings. Hopefully they do but it's unlikely.

Really hope I'm wrong but looking dispassionately at the situation I'd say the likelihood would be that we'll spend the majority of the season involved around the lower end of the table - which will make things even harder for the new team.

Just not sure why the twitter link meant more to him than the fact that he actually managed him? The fact that he follows him on twitter is not news.

You're misrepresenting what he said, which is Koeman had just started to follow him on Twitter. That is possibly interesting.

Witsel? Why on earth would Zenit sell him for less than half of what they paid? He is also currently playing CL football and must be earning ridiculous money there.

Not implausible.

Witsel has a release clause, he was signed for 26m euro with add ins that haven't been triggered. I would expect they are based on international appearances. We will probably have to pay off those triggers also, plus bear in mind if we pay 14m sterling that is getting on for 19-20 million euro so good business for zsp too.

Well I expect a struggle. It's OK having money to spend but that's only because we've sold that amount of quality so if we raise 90M then we'd need a 90M outlay just to stand still. Add in the fact that last season MP benefitted from the fact that the team had a stable base and were used to the style and playing with each other - in some ways buying an almost complete new team puts us in a worse situation than we first got promoted.

So, we'll have a new team getting used to each other and the league, and a new manager doing the same - it's not exactly a blueprint for a successful season. The other thing is that we'll be unlikely to replace the players who leave with the same or better quality - I know Les has said that's going to be the case but then he would say that. Realistically we'll be buying from the next rung down and hoping they come off and best case scenario is they perform as well as their predecessors which is a big ask to expect that of all the new signings. Hopefully they do but it's unlikely.

Really hope I'm wrong but looking dispassionately at the situation I'd say the likelihood would be that we'll spend the majority of the season involved around the lower end of the table - which will make things even harder for the new team.

We have sold two English players to other PL sides. As we have seen many times before fees in these circumstances are inflated. As Alan Pardew pointed out in an interview the other day, the fees are beyond the reach of normal clubs, that is why they get their players from abroad. Even Scholes criticised MU for paying the money they did for Shaw. So selling £90m worth of talent will not cost £90m to replace.

We are certainly not in a worse position than we were when we got promoted, we only had two players with any PL experience at all at that point.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10933747/Luke-Shaws-30m-price-tag-is-why-we-buy-foreign-at-Newcastle-we-cant-afford-English-says-Alan-Pardew.html

Suggest you read the Pardew interview.

Well I expect a struggle. It's OK having money to spend but that's only because we've sold that amount of quality so if we raise 90M then we'd need a 90M outlay just to stand still.

Not exactly. With both Shaw and Lallana there's an element of inflation because of their passports & the PR that comes with being called up to the WC squad - you'd pay at most 2/3 of those fees if you were importing foreign players of equivalent quality, probably more like half. Standing still in terms of individual quality shouldn't be that hard if our scouting network is all it's cracked up to be, though that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be able to match last season's quality as a unit.

You're misrepresenting what he said, which is Koeman had just started to follow him on Twitter. That is possibly interesting.

He said he was 'following' him on twitter not that he had just started to. If you think that is 'possibly interesting' that a manager follows a player on twitter that he has worked with for several years, fine. I'd say it was a complete non-event.

Edited by Toon Saint

Matt Law from the Telegraph reckons we want Marshall and would guarentee him first team football but Cardiff need to reduce their asking price (was previously reported they wanted £15m which is ludicrous).

I always thought he had a relegation clause, so the fee would be pretty much set in stone.

Same with Caulker.

Anyone know what will happen with the league in Ukraine at the moment?

Business as usual...?

Even if they play as usual players might wanna leave the country.....

In Dynamo Kyiv there are some good names. Old target Lens, Younes Belhanda, Yarmolenko....(yeah yeah I know).....a few (oh well) Brasilians at Shaktar....

Wouldn't mind us taking a look at Ideye Brown from the Ukrainian league either - looks a very good player. Often been referred to as "the Nigerian Lee Barnard".

I always thought he had a relegation clause, so the fee would be pretty much set in stone.

Same with Caulker.

Why would Marshall have a relegation clause, he was there before they got promoted, he's there after they got relegated. He might have earnt more money in the PL for sure but his status would probably be otherwise unchanged.

Why would Marshall have a relegation clause, he was there before they got promoted, he's there after they got relegated. He might have earnt more money in the PL for sure but his status would probably be otherwise unchanged.

Signed a new contract with them in Feb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26060080

Regardless, I don't know that he has one - It was mentioned in the press.

I might be late the party, but I can't help but think this would be a good move:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2672506/Southampton-want-Burnleys-Danny-Ings-replace-Rickie-Lambert.html

Potential no.7 for next season. Almost along the same veins as SRL, the guy bleeds SFC. Also a proven goal machine last season - the only risk is him cutting it at PL level.

Matt Law from the Telegraph reckons we want Marshall and would guarentee him first team football but Cardiff need to reduce their asking price (was previously reported they wanted £15m which is ludicrous).

Ridiculous fee - £6m (-£8m top) I'd have thought.

I expect we could prise Forster from Celtic for less than Marshall.

I read Terence Kongolo was a left sided CB, who can also play LB.

[h=3]12:05[/h]

Nice and West Ham are reported to have agreed a fee for the transfer of Timothee Kolodziejczak to the Premier League side. L’Equipeclaims that the Hammers will invest between three and five million euros to land the 22-year-old. But with the versatile left-sided player still to settle personal terms, there remains a chance that QPR andSouthampton could still secure his services.

I didn't say he was signing or anything to the effect, literally saw Koeman was following him and just stated the fact.

All I said was...

@danbsfc: Hmm, @Koeman1963 is following Jordy Clasie. Fancy bringing him to #SaintsFC?

Simply pure observation, Anyway, why wouldn't he come here in all seriousness? Any standout reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have to say i also pointed out that koeman only added him to twitter this week as i checked out who he was following last week and he wasn't there. He only follows a few footballers 3 of which are Pelle, Guidetti and Clasie

[h=3]12:05[/h]

Nice and West Ham are reported to have agreed a fee for the transfer of Timothee Kolodziejczak to the Premier League side. L’Equipeclaims that the Hammers will invest between three and five million euros to land the 22-year-old. But with the versatile left-sided player still to settle personal terms, there remains a chance that QPR andSouthampton could still secure his services.

We were going for him, but called it off when the Saints Shop couldn't get his name on a shirt

I see that Martins-Indi is probably going to Porto,about 7 million £, wasn't he popular amongst some on this forum?

Yes me for one -Liked the look of him when the Dutch caned Spain in the first match. Big, strong and quick with a good pass right and left foot (predominantly left footed).

Not sure if he was ever on our shopping list, but would have liked him to be.

Do You Reckon Mario Mandzukic is completely beyond us? He's got to go somewhere and I dunno if Big Clubs are gonna Bother. I would forgive the dumb board a lot of these dumb sales if they would go for someone Class like Him!

Edit: Also he is 28 and he is International and he is World Cup and he is a bit maybe looking rugged like Sean Bean, and these are all Clues that were given to me by Guan!

They actually did it - That's some serious coin for him.

Sky Sports sources understand that Robert Snodgrass has joined Hull City from Norwich, for a fee reportedly in the region of £7million. We'll have more on this breaking news shortly.