Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Bendtner would be a strong sign of intent for life in the Championship imo

£70mill in the transfer kitty,sign Bendtner on a free.

I think the media/press is trolling Southampton hard at the minute,as if its not bad enough we lose AD & LS lets throw in a Bentdner rumour to send the fans over the edge,I will never take that man serious after this interview

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1268407/Nicklas-Bendtner-Am-I-best-strikers-world-Yes-Ill-prove-season.html

It requires a sophisticated tongue bears. Do you have one?

had no complaints!

I've decided that, all evidence to the contrary, it clearly rhymes with bell. It will make life easier for headline writers i.e., "Arse hopes cum to a Pelle-End" - this is for when we knock Arsenal out of Champions League

As my wife is Danish, I have watched Bendtner playing a lot for Denmark.

He is the opposite of a lot of our top players who are S***t for their country and great for their clubs.

If Koeman can motivate him he might do well for us as a short term cover for JRod.

Pelle on the face of it is a good signing and RK will know how to get the best from him. Bit of a gamble at his age on a 4 yr deal and £10m fee but we have a bit of cash to chuck around now.

10m euro so about £8m. Not a bad fee and at least he will be wanting to actually play for us.

Edited by Toon Saint

Not rumours as such, but two names that have reached me recently as potential Shaw replacements: Nicolai Boilesen and Jetro Willems. Both play in the Netherlands, almost certainly known to Koeman, both young and have fledgling or potential International careers. I know nothing about either, but their names have reached me so thought I'd pass them on.

As for Southampton, they remain very interested in signing Kolodziejczak this summer. However, their new manager, Koeman, is thought to prefer an unnamed Dutch player for the same position.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/english-clubs-circle-around-kolodziejczak/

I worry that anyone really good is not going to want to come to us when every other fecker is trying to get out.

Still bring on the next season. Even with 10 kids parked behind the ball, theres always the chance we can get a 1-0 against team, bring it on.

Don't want pelle, he sounds and looks rubbish and if that's the clubs idea of a big signing to placate the fans they're f#cling clueless

Are you an expert on Pelle or a you the clueless one? Be honest you have no idea whether he will be good enough, he's not a big enough name is he? Maybe we should go for another big name like Osvaldo?

Are you an expert on Pelle or a you the clueless one? Be honest you have no idea whether he will be good enough, he's not a big enough name is he? Maybe we should go for another big name like Osvaldo?

You've just ignored the whole point of what I was saying. If they're trying to time it thinking it will soften the blow of losing Shaw and Lallana, then no he's not a big enough name or good enough. He might well turn out to be a good signing but it's hardly an exciting purchase to keep te fans and players happy, which is what the club needs

You've just ignored the whole point of what I was saying. If they're trying to time it thinking it will soften the blow of losing Shaw and Lallana, then no he's not a big enough name or good enough. He might well turn out to be a good signing but it's hardly an exciting purchase to keep te fans and players happy, which is what the club needs

We get it alright. There is nothing the club can do that will impress you.

But you said he sounds and looks rubbish which is quite different. And wrong

I seem to recollect we did sign a Pele before too and he didn't live up to expectations! hope this one does!

aha! But I fondly remember the extra revenue in shirt sales. Happy days.

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Don't want pelle, he sounds and looks rubbish and if that's the clubs idea of a big signing to placate the fans they're f#cling clueless

As a regular follower of Dutch football for a number of years, your comment made me laugh. Pelle for the last two seasons has been as good if not better than RVP and Huntelaaar were when they played in Dutch league. I am not saying he is better than RVP by any stretch but as a goal scorer he is as clinical as someone like Huntelaar. Not **** and would be a very good replacement and an upgrade to Lambert of last year.

According to Corriere Dello Sport Stefan de Vrij is to join Man Utd after the World Cup.

This has previously been reported in the UK press as a likely move after the WC.

I expect RK will make an enquiry, but if mancs are interested then we're buggered.

Hope he has a bust up with Van Gaal in the next couple of weeks !! Or perhaps we'll pursue Van Dyke instead.

Maybe the wrong thread but we have just tied up a deal with a kids soccer school to have first refusal on its youngsters. We have paid a serious amount of money for a 14 year old centre half of which the proceeds go to Plymouth I believe as he was on their books.

Aston Villa also wanted the deal with the school but we were chosen.

Perhaps this 14 year old can be a ready made replacement for Lovren come August.

Osvaldo's a fantastic player, but I meant generally our signings last summer were all of an extremely high calibre. I really hope we can get Osvaldo playing properly for us this season, it'd be a monumental boost

Look back to last summer plenty of people questioned the value of lovren it's only time that has proved him such quality, osvaldo was the one that had everyone excited and he turned out to be a muppet! Where is this obvious quality if which you speak?