Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Dundee have got themselves quite a decent crop of young players at the moment.

Any idea how ryan gauld aka mini messi is getting along up there? Some of his youtube stuff looks awesome, though we all know how misleading that can be. The only thing counting against him is that a mini messi is a very mini thing, but I would have still thought he'd have moved on by now. I see wolves of all people were linked to him a few days ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bafetimbi Gomis is flying to Swansea on Monday for talks with chairman Huw Jenkins and manager Garry Monk over a free transfer to the Liberty Stadium, according to Sky sources. The 28-year-old is out of contract at Lyon and is believed to have chosen a move to Swansea despite firm interest from Newcastle, Sunderland and West Ham.

All fees within England to and from the prem are more than likely going to be too much. With the mental TV deal

Exactly. Football has been totally corrupted by the amount of money floating around, with the fan who turns up at the ground being the biggest loser.

Linked with Dundee United left back Andrew Robertson but face competition from Everton & Swansea, according to The People.

Watched him play a couple of times with Dundee & Scotland this season, and considering the amount of senior games he's played I am impressed by him. Not ready for the Prem yet, still a little green, but the signs are there for a very good attacking full-back.

Chambers / Liverpool

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/484218/Brendan-Rodgers-urged-to-sign-Southampton-star-Calum-Chambers-by-Liverpool-idol

I know Guan said not to believe anything in the Express, and I know it says that it is the opinion of Lawrenson, but FFS. I guess we should be flattered that they want half the team.

Looks like yet MORE EVIDENCE* that Liverpool are doing all their transfer business IN PUBLIC**. What an utter disgrace FFS.

*Not evidence **They're not.

Crook is a genius. All his FGS bets come in and most of his accumulators, a sign of his wealth of knowledge.

He is one of the most respected football writers in the game and the envy of many colleagues.

We are lucky that he provides such insights for us in the Daily Star and Mirror on such a regular basis, as well as bothering to go on talkSport and provide the fans with the inside track into events at SMS.

That he gets so much abuse on here is just jealousy IMO.

Looks like yet MORE EVIDENCE* that Liverpool are doing all their transfer business IN PUBLIC**. What an utter disgrace FFS.

*Not evidence **They're not.

Oscar Wilde was seemingly only half right when he said "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence".

I have never seen Pelle play. Has anyone else? Judging from that YouTube video I'm not actually that impressed. Football there looks slow, he would get that time in the PL.

This is where we would have to trust Koeman's judgement.

I have never seen Pelle play. Has anyone else? Judging from that YouTube video I'm not actually that impressed. Football there looks slow, he would get that time in the PL.

I thought he looked like a poacher, wont offer much in midfield or creating but is an out and out goal scorer - which is exactly what we need.

According to Alan Nixon we're not selling Shaw until we have a replacement lined up.

Well that should be a given for any players we end up selling.

We don't need to sell, we can do it as and when it suits us. We hold all the cards now as opposed to a few years back when we needed the money.

I thought he looked like a poacher, wont offer much in midfield or creating but is an out and out goal scorer - which is exactly what we need.

Impossible to tell from the youtube clips but I thought at 6'4" he looks reasonable in the air, has a useful first touch, and showed a couple of decent flicks on and passes. Looks quite mobile, probably moreso than Lambert, but RL more than compensated for that with speed of thought. So hopeful his 'link up' play etc is good.

That said, he won't get the same space in PL as in Holland.

As someone said earlier, we have to trust RK's judgement. No doubt our recruitment team are also aware of him.

Fair enough if you think that.

However, here is another dimension. Think of Bony, who had a pretty decent season for Swansea- and he came from the Dutch League.

We have a better team than Swansea, so he will be given more service and add the fact in that RK has worked with Pelle previously of course, so you never know.

Alternatively, we could be buying an Altidore. lool.

Rio Ferdinand signing for QPR apparently. Even on a big paydrop it will be insane wages you would imagine.

Forget the money (well, just for the moment). Football is in the blood, and for veterans like Rio, the next stop was the " Expert Panel " on some remote TV channel.

NOTE : I recall Frannie Benali said (near the end of his career) that it was so much fun to play that even turning out for the Reserves seemed like a Cup Final.

I see someone on not606 board reckons we have bid £18 million joint bid today for Marshall and Caulker from Cardiff. Would be very happy with Marshall but would prefer the Celtic defender or Martins Indi for cb

Hope that's true, would take those two for that price

On another note, in the words of Kevin Keegan, im going to absolutely love it when Suarez tells Liverpool he wants off to Barcelona...

Only mentioning this as he's been linked both this summer & last summer.

Reports coming out of Holland claim Heerenveen striker Alfred Finnbogason is on the verge of joining Real Sociedad. The Icelandic international has been linked with a move to England in the past, but it appears to take him to Sociedad is close to completion.

Reports coming out of Holland claim Heerenveen striker Alfred Finnbogason is on the verge of joining Real Sociedad. The Icelandic international has been linked with a move to England in the past, but it appears to take him to Sociedad is close to completion.

Another player from the Dutch league with a ludicrous goal record.

And for €8m. Could prove to be a bargain.

Rio Ferdinand signing for QPR apparently. Even on a big paydrop it will be insane wages you would imagine.

'Arry got them relegated the last time by buying a load of over the hill players. Fingers crossed he does the same this time.

'Arry got them relegated the last time by buying a load of over the hill players. Fingers crossed he does the same this time.
Hey Harry i found one that can play football, and is available at a knockdown £30m and a reasonable 80k a week wages. Ok he sounds a goodun and very cheap. Lets sign him. Lol