Josh Sims signs Professional contract at Southampton

Lallana's Left Peg

les reed said they have a standard contract and it's the longest they can give to a 17 yr old. 3 years.

Didn't like Shaw sign a five year deal and have to wait until he was 18 to do so, because that's how we do things?

Didn't like Shaw sign a five year deal and have to wait until he was 18 to do so, because that's how we do things?

I think it's the three year deal first and then they do the five year deal (or three year extension) when they turn 18.

Sims looks to be a very good talent, excellent on the ball and lovely movement. Seen him a couple of times playing for the kids teams and he's very highly rated by the England set-up (unsurprising, as others have said, given that Matt Crocker is heavily involved at the FA now). Only downside is he's pretty small, but we saw how Chambo bulked up after he was introduced to the first team and i'm sure that Josh can do the same to speed his development up a bit.

Another downside is the fact he's a Ginger. I'm no Gingest, but there is a prem rule on the amount of redheads in one team. Can we afford him?

I'm afraid I have to correct you there, our academy only produces small white boys with blonde hair and Mr Sims is no exception to the rule.

article-2521833-1A066A2600000578-860_634x474.jpg

I'm afraid I have to correct you there, our academy only produces small white boys with blonde hair and Mr Sims is no exception to the rule.

We sell all the black ones :( only yesterday we sent Nehemie to villa

I will deffo be keeping an eye on sims tho, he is in the at risk category when he comes to ginge. I mean he is more Steven Davis than Harrison Reed, but that's not really an excuse

I will deffo be keeping an eye on sims tho, he is in the at risk category when he comes to ginge. I mean he is more Steven Davis than Harrison Reed, but that's not really an excuse

It's a shame really, cos all the white boys in our academy know they'll never get their dream move to Arsenal.

The song looks like a quaver rather than looks like a wotsit, is more apt, yes?

It does look encouraging - doesn't it..but the real test will be to watch the step-up from U21 side..... into the Prem.and be good enough to keep their place (ala Shaw).

Sadly...not every one will turn into a Lallana, Shaw or Chambers...but we can hope it's enough to save us spending £15-20 million every time we need to replace someone.

meanwhile .....good Luck Josh.

It does look encouraging - doesn't it..but the real test will be to watch the step-up from U21 side..... into the Prem.and be good enough to keep their place (ala Shaw).

Sadly...not every one will turn into a Lallana, Shaw or Chambers...

Or James Ward-Prowse... why do you and so many others conveniently forget to mention our other rising young England star? He's having a remarkable season playing in a position where we are almost spoilt for choice so don't underestimate how good he must be just to get on the team sheet. Pochettino is no idiot and won't play people he doesn't trust to deliver.

Or James Ward-Prowse... why do you and so many others conveniently forget to mention our other rising young England star? He's having a remarkable season playing in a position where we are almost spoilt for choice so don't underestimate how good he must be just to get on the team sheet. Pochettino is no idiot and won't play people he doesn't trust to deliver.

indeed ...and of course, Jamie Ward-Prowse.......

well not quite, especially considering that she passed away in 2001

I think fielding a team of zombie 'Carry On' stars would certainly get us noticed:

Goal Keeper - Jack Douglas

Defence - Jon Pertwee, Hattie Jacques, Bernard Bresslaw, Harry H Corbett

Midfield - Joan Sims, Kenneth Williams, Frankie Howard, Peter Butterworth

Forwards - Sid James, Barbara Windsor*

Manager: Phil Silvers

*Not dead yet, but included because of her outstanding attributes.

How the hell can you leave Charles Hawtrey and Terry Scott out? :mcinnes:

Think Williams gives us a little more guile in the middle of the park and Breslaw has the pace for the premier league. It's a long season though and I'm sure they will get game time.

I think fielding a team of zombie 'Carry On' stars would certainly get us noticed:

Goal Keeper - Jack Douglas

Defence - Jon Pertwee, Hattie Jacques, Bernard Bresslaw, Harry H Corbett

Midfield - Joan Sims, Kenneth Williams, Frankie Howard, Peter Butterworth

Forwards - Sid James, Barbara Windsor*

Manager: Phil Silvers

*Not dead yet, but included because of her outstanding attributes.

Good up front!!

The centre of midfield looks a great pairing.

with Phil Silvers as Manager we would be constantly under investigation at the FA for something, never to be proved.

will the assistant manager be Private Duane Doberman.

Edited by John Boy Saint

• 1 year later...
He's signed another one!

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20151204-josh-sims-new-contract-southampton-2018-2835452.aspx

(You can thank me for this, as I'm going to Dublin tomorrow, and I can randomly remember he signed his last one when I was there last).

TA. and bring your blizzard gear - it's going to be a mini hurricane in Dublin all tomorrow - raining buckets apparently :)